Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > 5 Door Evoque is official!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Fox

United Kingdom 

scene247 wrote:
Saw Countryman in the metal last week and personally don't like it. It's ugly, the bonnet that does it with the open pouting grill.

I agree, in translating the shape of a MINI onto a bigger car they have made a bit of a styling blunder. It would have looked far better if they had changed it more to suit the size and shape of the new car. It's also overpriced for what it is. But I'm sure BMW knows that people will still buy it like hot cakes as it has the MINI badge on it.

That last sentence could also be aimed at the Evoke as it has the RR badge...

Post #30097 1st Oct 2010 10:29am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Scene, I know lots of very tall people who found the original Mini one of the most comfortable tall persons cars going, and not difficult to get in and out of because the door openings are big in relation to the ret of the car 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #30102 1st Oct 2010 10:42am
scene247

United Kingdom 

Tim, thanks and agree they are easy to get in/out of from the times I've been in them. It was amazing design to get so much space in such a small car. Have seen some big people getting out of them a always puts a smile on my face as they unfold. Sorry going a bit O/T.

Fox agree about the Evoke but then same to be said about the RRS too as based on Disco chassis. Neither are the real thing. Though I do quite like the Evoke but alas feel it'll have it's image tarnished by the Trinny and Suzannah set in no time - the price to pay I suppose.

Post #30118 1st Oct 2010 12:18pm
M44K TS

England 

I currently own a Classic Mini and the FFRR...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I'm not exactly the smallest person in the world, I'm 5'10" and not in the slightest 'slim' Laughing

I love the Mini, had it for almost 9 years, was my first car and couldn't bring myself to get rid so spent god knows how much on restoring it and making it a bit more luxurious. My advice to anyone, is drive one, you'll instantly see the addiction to them. They're mad. You're so low down, you can go insanely fast round twist b roads. Mine is a relatively standard 1275 apart from a 'stage 1' tuning kit, (inlet and exhaust & filter mods) with a kent 266 cam for better mid range, soon to have high lift roller rockers and maybe even some head work. I can safely say it goes alright. I converted it to run Megajolt too so I can set my own ignition maps to fine tune the ignition advance.

Scene, fine a clean and solid 1996 onwards Cooper Sport and you're laughing. Multi point injection, marginally safer than the previous cars, (side impact beams, air bag, pre tensioners etc) better shape seats etc. all make for a surprisingly comfortable-ish car. 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini
But really finding it hard to fight the urge for a S/C...

Post #30119 1st Oct 2010 12:19pm
Fox

United Kingdom 

There is one thing that always put me off having a MINI... If you crash you die. Sad

Other than that, they are great fun.

Last edited by Fox on 1st Oct 2010 12:22pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #30121 1st Oct 2010 12:22pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

unbelievable size difference between these two cars Shocked ..... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #30122 1st Oct 2010 12:22pm
M44K TS

England 

Fox - You have to have your wits about you, with 'small' cars getting bigger and bigger, it's all too often that people simply don't see you. I cure that with braveness, a heavy right foot and my finger hovering over the horn Laughing

Mind you, if I'm going down a twist unlit B road at night, then there's usually 6 lights blaring away so people have no excuse they didn't see me Laughing 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini

Post #30126 1st Oct 2010 12:29pm
scene247

United Kingdom 

Love it! That's billiant, I am truly jealous and want one now!

Agree with safety issues Fox, but then you;ve got to take some risks in your life to know you're really alive. M44, you're spot on, it's the way to drive one of them and so much fun like a go-kart.

Post #30130 1st Oct 2010 12:35pm
M44K TS

England 

This is for nothing....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1881593.htm

Same interior as mine too! 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini

Post #30134 1st Oct 2010 12:57pm
ukrangie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I can't remember where I was reading it but someone was suggesting that there is quite a bit of the Ford design language in the Evoque; that if you removed the Range Rover badge and put a Ford one it would not look out of place. Looking at it, I would have to agree. That being said, however, I would buy one if I needed a second car. Paul

Twitter - Facebook

Post #30197 2nd Oct 2010 7:11am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

I had a deposit down on an Evoque, but a very nice FFRR with the right deal behind it came along. I put that deposit into cost of the FFRR. In 3 years time, when my L322 is ready to be replaced, Land Rover should have sorted out any gremlins that all new cars fall prey to in early production and I will seriously be looking at a high spec Evoque - not sure about the lines of the 5 door but by then I will need the practicality of those extra 2 doors unless my father is happy to insure me to drive them around in his presently new Honda Jazz with it's silly semi automatic gearbox that drops into neutral everytime you have to stop 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #30200 2nd Oct 2010 9:46am
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

there is a lot of ford design language in it, especially the Kuga and fiesta.

but i think there is a lot of ford design language in the Disco 3 as well ... especially the wheel arches.

I do like the 2 door evoque though.

Just wish they would show some pictures of the inside. V8 or else ...

Post #30308 2nd Oct 2010 7:48pm
Mounty

Switzerland 

Some pics from the inside Paris would be nice. Daniel

Past:FFRR 2004 Vogue 4.4l bonnatigrey/sand/ burr walnut
Modifications: SC grill (not fixed) SC MY10 sidevents (not fixed), MY10 Letters front and back, clear sidelights , MY10 rear lights (not fixed), MY09 steering wheel trims, new MY09 sterringwheel 19'' seven spoke wheel (not fixed) 19'' MTS (not fixed), 20 '' wheels, doorhandelcovers brunel (not fixed), complete doorhandels (not fixed) burr walnutdoorsouround (not fixed)

Post #30528 4th Oct 2010 9:39am
Tim in Scotland

I've just got the November issues of Top Gear and Car magazines and both have write-ups and brief tests, some interior photos and the interior looks absolutely fantastic, pity about what would appear to be the top spec car having a manual dipping rear view mirror, smacks of cost cutting. Otherwise I think I will be replacing the TdV8 with one in 2013, might even revert to a petrol engine too. Certainly in the car that both mags used (it appears to be the same white 3door on the plate EMM 391) has no obvious signs of any Beckham input! Both magazines say it is a superb car well worthy of the Range Rover brand. According to the TG techie bit it's wheel base is huge and only a few cms short of an L322's 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #30800 5th Oct 2010 4:56pm
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

How come when I posted an Evoque topic here, it was moved to Off Topic?

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic2452.html?highlight= 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #31324 10th Oct 2010 3:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>