Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > L405 Bonnet - takes a bit to open and close
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey
L405 Bonnet - takes a bit to open and close

Hi, wondering if anyone else has had this issue. The bonnet on my car is not the easiest to shut, on my L322 you could either drop it from around 6inches up and it would close or lower it down then just give a short /sharp push on it and it would close completely. On my L405 however, I currently have to drop it from around 10-12 inches above to get it to close and I cannot get it to lock in by just pushing on it when almost closed. Releasing it is also an issue as the lever you pull upwards has such a short range of travel on it and the latch does not quite clear the mechanism. I have spoken to the dealer and its going in at some stage to have it adjusted, but also I noticed the front of the bonnet on the passenger side is around 2-3mm further back than that on the drivers side and as such, the passenger door catches it slightly when opening (the tolerance seems minimal compared to the L322). I also notice that to lift the drivers side windscreen wiper when washing the car, it has to be pulled upwards initially else it catches the back of the bonnet (another one where it is only millimetres) if I try to lift it. Assume this is just due to the bonnet position again. Dealer says this is a 2 day job to adjust the bonnet !! Anyone else had this issue? Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #327907 14th May 2015 2:22pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Mine opens fine, but takes more to close than the L322 - As you note I used to be able to drop that from around 6" & it would latch properly- the L405 needs a firmer hand.

I found out last weekend as I'd topped up the washer fluid earlier, then noticed the bonnet moving a bit on the motorway as I hadn't shut it properly Shocked

Post #327909 14th May 2015 2:26pm
RRVSE

Cheers Alistair, nice to know it takes more to close, I'll see what mines like once adjusted , hopefully easier to open and viable to close from the 'latched' position which is how I prefer to do it. Steve

Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #328447 18th May 2015 1:35pm
RRV

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

Mine is the same Confused If you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all.

Post #328452 18th May 2015 1:54pm
RRVSE

What they need to do is have a 'soft close' bonnet, much like the car doors, that you simply lower down and it automatically pulls it the rest of the way and locks it in. Obviously there would be a manual override somewhere (like the fuel cap release) and then a button you push to release it under normal circumstances in the car that is automatically disabled when the car is in motion. Don't think any car manufacturer has thought of that yet? No doubt someone will prove me wrong Sad Steve

Post #328585 19th May 2015 10:22am
Mariana Black

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Mariana Black

Embarassed I thought I had shut the bonnet as normal but when driving I could see the drivers side lifting, asked the passenger and they could see nothing. I was going to contact the dealer, but I thought I would have a look. Yes I was a noob…..

Its always worth checking or a good drop seems to help.

Post #329340 25th May 2015 9:07am
RRVSE

Forgot to say folks, car went into Main dealer to have bonnet adjusted and now works fine. Releases a lot easier and I can now close it by lowering it down until the release latch clicks, then simply give the bonnet a quick light push and both of the other latches lock in fine, no more dropping the bonnet. So now working as per the process in the owners manual Cool Steve

Post #335075 29th Jun 2015 4:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1