Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Bitter Sweet - Dogs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
Bitter Sweet - Dogs

Twelve months ago we had to put down one of our Dogs to do the right thing. Knowing what was coming I'd put out feelers at work in case anyone had knowlegde of dogs that may need rehoming. I wanted to get a replacment quick to keep out second dog company. One of the lads from the Dog branch contacted me to say they had been offered a Collie / Spaniel Cross as a sniffer dog but his concentration span wasn't good enough to put through training. I contacted the lass and we ended up rehoming the dog. 12 months of trying to crack behavioural issues finally came to an end on Tuesday when he got a trip to the pound after turning on the kids and attacking our second dog who came to the defence. This was his second chance too. We've tried all Cesar Milans tricks, watched all the programs and bought all sorts of training aids. I was gutted to have to take him to the pound. Sad

Anyway, for the sweet .. we have been yesterday to a KC accredited breeder and put a deposit down on a Labrador dog, hes just three weeks old at the mo so some time before we collect but I'm feeling a little better. I do miss the other but couldn't risk the kids. Sad

The funny bit - before taking angry dog to the pound I'd been to the opticians. As part of my eye test the put dye in my eye to check the surface for scratches from my contact lenses. I return home, pick up the dog and took him to the Kennels. Gutted as I was I shed a few tears as I booked him in Big Cry , started the drive home, stoped to pull myself together Big Cry and then carried on home. Took the other dog far a walk before getting ready for work, quick check in the mirror and I'd got two orange patched around my eyes Shocked like a bad fake tan. Good job I checked , they may have promoted me if I'd gone in to work like that Wink 2010 Disco XS TDV6, 2009 Freelander 2 GS

Previous Landrover products -1990 110 TDI CSW, 2003 TD6 Vogue - RRC TD Vogue, RRC v8 Fleetline, Disco ES V8 LPG, 101 Ambulance "Morph", 1964 SIIa Auto Powered by Jag 4.2 Lump - "Percy".

Post #32229 18th Oct 2010 1:35pm
iT LAD

United Kingdom 

I feel for you as a dog lover myself with 2 Cocker Spaniels... That must of been very hard. But you can't take a chance with your children.

I'm sure your new dog will be fine.

Good luck. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #32272 18th Oct 2010 6:22pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

A shame but you did the right thing elpeede - as you are well aware, you cannot take any risk where children share the same enviroment. Hopefully the dog will find a more suitable home where it won't put anyone at risk. Every dog has the ability to lose its temper - most of the time without any real warning - it is very difficult for children to realise their family pet could get nasty before it is too late Thumbs Up

Post #32279 18th Oct 2010 6:32pm
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Cheers guys.

Looking forward to the new lad. 2010 Disco XS TDV6, 2009 Freelander 2 GS

Previous Landrover products -1990 110 TDI CSW, 2003 TD6 Vogue - RRC TD Vogue, RRC v8 Fleetline, Disco ES V8 LPG, 101 Ambulance "Morph", 1964 SIIa Auto Powered by Jag 4.2 Lump - "Percy".

Post #32334 18th Oct 2010 10:59pm
Stephen.125

2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Definitely right decision. Credit to you for trying properly. Really awful decision to make. Enjoy your new Lab!

Post #32344 19th Oct 2010 12:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1