Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Photos and Video > So who's going for the iPhone 6s
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
JOKER

Scotland 
So who's going for the iPhone 6s

I was in 2 minds of getting one come the 25th of this month when they go on sale but i have just been on Apple's website and there is really not much difference between the 6 and the 6s .... apart from camera and this new touch sensitive thing they have installed ...

Post #347103 10th Sep 2015 9:25pm
IanT599

United Kingdom 

Over the last few years the S model has never really been much better than the normal one.

I went 4 - 5 - 6Plus

The S models in between never really had anything really much better to warrant a new one. Like you've said the big improvements are the camera and the video now records in 4K and the touch sensitive display.

I do like the look of the iPad Pro.

Post #347122 11th Sep 2015 12:12am
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

i work in London, and often in covent garden, I see the massive Apple shop, and on the week that the new phone comes out there are a few tents outside, for the pending midnight Apple freaks that just have to have the new phone. It's amazing but a bit sad...
I still have a 4s, and it's still ios9 ready. and it fits the speaker docks in our house, and FFRR hookup. ive saved a fortune, holding out , just using the relatively ok camera and not worried too much about using it in crowds, and being afraid of dropping it, as I could replace it for another around £70 against the contract new phone, or a buyout new one at £600ish. and then having it 'bend' on me. when I just cant bear being behind with perhaps ios10, etc, I might go up to a 5s. but I will go in the apple shop to play with the giant ipad pro, and wait 'till they are affordable.
just think, there are ships bulging with containers full of these phones, coming to us. for Christmas...

so we have to download the 'sleeps till xmas' app in readiness!

Post #347126 11th Sep 2015 12:52am
exalin

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

I've done the same as Ian - gone for the major releases and skipped all the "S" updates.

iPad Pro piqued my interest more than I thought a bigger iPad would, but won't be shelling out that much money for one.

I'm waiting to find out a bit more about the iPhone Upgrade Program they mentioned.

Post #347128 11th Sep 2015 1:11am
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Good advice here. Thanks.

Post #347131 11th Sep 2015 1:39am
d3rm0

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/09/i-used-th...didnt-die/

Have a read of this. I keep falling for the upgrade NOW! urge. Always having the newest latest product, I think wait for the 7.

Post #347134 11th Sep 2015 6:42am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

M quite tempted as i dont have to pay for the phone anyway but i'd end up waiting until the new lifeproof comes out for it anyway as a few weeks with the 6 and a case from the store thrown in when i pre booked and just walked in to have 2 people in front of me on the launch day was good but dirt got in the back and left marks.

Ideally i'd like to see them get rid of the 3d touch and offer an IP67 rated unit in 64/128gb capacity.

One of the biggest reasons for my 6 was the fact i could get rid of the stupid space warnings i was always getting on the 64 and now ive copied most of my music collection into itunes all 10,000 or so songs are on the phone and a few movies for those times that traffic is bad or one of the old bangers has broken down on me lol!

Wish they would include the 2.0amp charger in the pack mind for quicker charging... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #347150 11th Sep 2015 9:04am
IanT599

United Kingdom 

I've got the Belkin charger from the Apple Store. It's the dual dock style.
I have my own 6+ and work 5C and it charges both at the same time super fast.
It was a few quid but works a treat and saves cables all over the bedside unit.

Was looking at the iPad pro last night and does look really good. We've got an iPad 2 and apart from faster processors and better screens there realistically isn't anything better on the iPad Air compared to ours.
This iPad pro seems to be a bigger step up from the current iPad than previous ones.

Debating between the iPad pro and a MacBook Air for the Mrs. As she needs a new laptop/tablet.

Post #347178 11th Sep 2015 11:13am
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

My 5s contract with three is now up and I'm looking at the 6 plus for the same outlay so will probably go with.

I do think apple take the p Censored ss a bit with their hardware prices. I paid nearly £500 for my iPad 1 which is now nothing more than a glorified email reader. Even something as simple as the Sonos controller app is no longer compatible with an iPad 1 which is a bit mean i think.

My eldest son and I both have 27 inch iMacs which I will admit put win doze kit in the shade; my 5 year old iMac has run like a dream which if it was a crappy windows bit of kit from PC world would have been binned at least twice by now.

My youngest son uses SWMBO iPad 2 for all his needs and that seems to work well still which for the demands of a 14 year old must say something.

I've never felt the need to upgrade for the sake of it and i think doing so is a bit stupid. The only reason I would upgrade to a 6plus is the screen size and the fact that middle age means my glasses are on more than they are off.

New apple TV looks good - the outgoing one is pants. Any improvements to the user interface have got to be welcomed.

The pad pro is stupid money. I'll wait two years and get one out of the window from my local CEX for 30% of the price!! Thumbs Up 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #347211 11th Sep 2015 1:34pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

You can do the windoze vs mac desktop argument all day but at the end of it if you spent the same as the mac on a PC it would be in customer desktop territory and still be going along at a fair old lick Smile

Personally i ditched contracts years ago as your tied in, if you dont like the contract or end up working in an area with poor reception on your network but fine on others your stuffed.

Sim only 30day contracts are the best way forward IMO and with apple doing leasing it will tempt even more over to that model. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #347214 11th Sep 2015 1:57pm
J90

France 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Wifey uses Apple products, I use Windows products. The Apple products certainly have the 'must have' fashion kudos attached to them and are very, very good. I however am a tight git and I'll only buy Windows based products which do the job just as well at a cheaper cost. The large iphone 6 does look very nice indeed but I'm too tight to buy it.

Post #347223 11th Sep 2015 2:45pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

I agree, my desktop is Windows 10 and brilliant (Dell). And my other stuff is Samsung Android and I'm still very happy. My wife and daughters are all Apple (due to school, wife was a teacher and girls are both in a school with all Apple). Turns out that they have more stable systems with virtually no intervention needed (apart from a few breakdowns on a Macbook) but they can't do some things I can still do with the less reliable and more virus prone stuff.

That is also one of the reasons I don't want to change. Another reason is the closed nature of Apple, the ridiculously high cost and the "we are better than the rest" air they have, I really don't like it, don't like the Apple fanatics (well don't like any fanatics to be fair no matter what religion they adhere to Smile ).

I know (since we had this discussion before) you are all Apple Mick so I suggest, wait to see what it is like, maybe try one for a bit before you shell out lots of pounds for an incremental upgrade.

With my Samsung gadgets I tend to skip a few upgrades till the changes are big enough or till my old one is starting to fail (my S3 is not in good shape at the moment !!) Wink. I still like to wait for the new unit to be in use for half a year or more to find out how good it really is before looking for a good deal Wink Tight Dutchman I know Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #347227 11th Sep 2015 3:00pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

I use a 6+ but prefer the mrs 6 as its a pita to carry in top pocket and waistcoat, ok at home but when out and about especially at night its too big and cumbersome. _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #347234 11th Sep 2015 4:05pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I waited to see what iPads were being announced, as whilst I was more than happy with my Air, my mum was after a tablet for Christmas, so figured I could get a new one and pass the Air on. Unfortunately I don't want a massive iPad, so there was nothing in the launch for me, so bought an Air 2 last weekend and gave my mum the Air.

Will also stick to my iPhone 5, unless I can get an as new 5S at a good price. The 5 pairs with the rr Bluetooth so I'm happy.....

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #348542 19th Sep 2015 6:07pm
Shuv.it

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Monte Carlo Blue

To be honest I think the apple iPhones are totally over rated! I much prefer Sony Xperia's! Wink

Post #348554 19th Sep 2015 8:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>