Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Transafe fail programme solved...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JPS

2005 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Zambezi Silver
Transafe fail programme solved...

Had this error keep cropping up on my car and it going into limp mode, I spoke to various places over the phone all who which said I would need a new gearbox.

Took my car in for a service week before last at a local Indy and they noted that my o/s/r caliper was sticking and had them fit a new caliper, rear pads and adjust the handbrake as it was also binding slightly.

Now since this has been done I have covered nearly 500 miles and not once had the error message. Could a sticking caliper cause this problem? If so I had a narrow escape as was about to plunge for the recon box option..

Looking through my service history the box was refurbished just a few years back also.

Fingers crossed it should be ok now Thumbs Up

Post #354116 25th Oct 2015 6:57pm
gregdav

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

How many miles since g/box was refurbed?. Cus with the td6 it's a case of when not if..
mine was refurbished at 75,000 . I also had sticking calipers on the rear and transfailsafe approx every 2,500 miles, limp mode also this always happened when pulling away or uphill.
Not long had mine done as the transfailsafe started to appear at speeds between 40 to 60 mph. But curiously it didn't go into limp mode.
eventually the fuel consumption went down and the g/box was slipping badly.

the lads at neil smiths in cannock couldn't replicate what I said had happened, but I gave them full instructions to do a full strip and rebuild.
On stripping the box it was found that the box was in desperate need of a rebuild.
these are my findings only, but if you have a good read about td6 gm g/box you will find mostly the same as they are not very strong.
Oh and my g/box had done just over 60,000 since last refurb.
hope yours is ok but please be aware of the gm box.
greg. Thumbs Up

Post #354131 25th Oct 2015 7:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1