Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Bosch Aero Retrofit blades?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

OK< now I feel I am losing my sanity.

Can someone post a pic of their wiper arm fitment?

I need to check mine (though it's away today being serviced) but I am sure mine have hook arms. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #355455 5th Nov 2015 1:18pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i'm not sure either now and its raining so i'm not going out to have a look ... Mr. Green ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #355456 5th Nov 2015 1:20pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Go on you lazy monkey! Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #355458 5th Nov 2015 1:31pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

my previous post seems to have gone Confused

anyways i'm sure my new aeros slid in when the plastic adapter bit was taken out... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #355460 5th Nov 2015 1:43pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

From memory when I replaced my Bosch 808s, the wiper arms has a loop on the end and this clicks onto the plastic part of the wiper blade itself. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #355463 5th Nov 2015 1:51pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

make a point of caution, never to let go of the bladeless wiper arm. unless rested on the glass....
i know of two people who have, and regretted it, they like to fly down without warning, and crack the screen!

also, if you are in Halfords car park, buying wipers. leave the arm up (with the blade on,) and you might get lucky, and have an African gentleman wash your car for free! Razz
just claim pathetically you were only buying wipers, and dont need to pay him.

Post #355465 5th Nov 2015 2:25pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

These are the best that I could find, there is a whole page in the driver hand book telling you how to change them cos they ain't like anything anyone else uses Shocked In my hand book it's page 190 in the maintenance section Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #355516 5th Nov 2015 8:10pm
IanT599

United Kingdom 

What blades are the one in the picture?

Post #355541 5th Nov 2015 11:40pm
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #355566 6th Nov 2015 9:25am
miggit

United Kingdom 

IanT599, I've been working today and I have an emergency pond pump repair at Mother's tomorrow, as soon as the new blades turn up I will produce before during and after pics so there is no confusion. As far as I am aware Land Rover didn't change the BMW type wipers when Ford took over, and they remained the same for the all L322's. This is probably due to the rare fitting type and non availability after market, why change the wipers to a common type when most owners get the replacements from the dealers in desperation? Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #355629 7th Nov 2015 12:43am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Now then, are we sitting comfortably, good then I will begin............

Standard Wipers

The arm with wiper removed, and stupid plastic clips, that are a PITA to remove on the drivers side cos of the aerofoil

New blades fitted, just push in and clip into place, no drama, way better than the original fitting, that are fiddley little b Censored d's

And the kit of discarded parts

The only 2 observations that I have are, the old wipers are a nightmare to remove, but I did manage it in the end, do the passenger one first cos it comes off a lot easier than the drivers, and you'll have a grasp on how it is removed with out a hammer Wink

And I had to adjust the angle on the drivers arm, as the blade was leaning over too much and this was causing the blade not to flip over on the back stroke, once done all was good Thumbs Up

If when you first try your wipers the blades judder on either the up or down stroke, turn the key off at the offending point when the blade is traveling in the offending direction and you should be able to see which way the arm needs to be adjusted Thumbs Up

If you've got a keyless entry car then you is screwed and you'll just have to play with the angles until its right Evil or Very Mad , Although this should not be necessary if the wipers have not been removed (broken screen) or they have been refitted properly Very Happy

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green [/img]

Note to Admin: I have reclaimed my copyright from Censored Censored bucket and re-posted Mr. Green Mr. Green  Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Last edited by miggit on 21st Nov 2017 12:57am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #355846 8th Nov 2015 1:08pm
dand

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Barolo Black

Do the aerotwin's slap on the screen edge? I thought the FF was sensitive to this.

Post #355882 8th Nov 2015 5:52pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

I can't answer that at the moment as I appear to have caused a drought around here, so I have not had the chance to use them in anger Shocked
But they are the same length as the Lucas blades that I removed, and they didn't foul anything during the test run, so I can't imagine that they will cause any problems. It's supposed to start to rain here around 6 pm so I'll take it for a test run at speed and report back later Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #355885 8th Nov 2015 6:04pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

I've done my Lego test pilot bit and I can now report back

Shocked Shocked I thought that my wipers worked well, until I tried these Aero Blades Bow down Bow down They made my less than a year old Lucas wiper blades look knackered Shocked Shocked

Firstly swept area is fine and not slapping the screen edges Thumbs Up Tested up to and including 70 MPH

Noise Shocked Shocked I couldn't hear them, no clonk at the top of the stroke as they returned Thumbs Up

Performance 210% better than the Lucas blades, no little wet smears left behind, and a full sweep of the screen Mr. Green I Can See Mr. Green

They really are way way better than the old fashioned wipers that are fitted as standard. I don't know how they compare with the other makes of Aero wipers on the market but I can thoroughly recommend these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141738271428?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT
Shocked Shocked Although the price has shot up by a tenner since I brought mine, but still worth it, I'm sure that they can be found out there for less Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #355925 8th Nov 2015 11:55pm
Nomad

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Miggit. Just did mine. Many thanks for the pics and explanation - made what would have been a nightmare in to a relatively simple job. I have a habit of breaking simple jobs and I'm sure without your explanation I would have broken something. As it is I think I could retro-fit the old ones if necessary. As you said the drivers side was more difficult because of the spoiler.

I did get a shock when I took them out of the box as I thought the blades were fluorescent green! Shocked That turned out to the protective covers! Embarassed

Quick test run, just with screen wash, and all is well Thumbs Up

Many thanks Bow down 2012 5.0L S/C
Previous:
3.6 TDV8
4.4 HSE
P38 4.6 HSE
Classic 3.9
90 County
Series3 Lightweight

Post #355964 9th Nov 2015 3:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>