Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Rubber Bush
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
kin

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Rubber Bush

Whilst checking underneath the car, I noticed part of the front suspension linkages seems to have some rubber missing(yellow circle in the pic), is that meant to look like that? or has the rubber actually partly perished? Exactly the same on other side Confused

This pic is taken from the driver's side...

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #2269 12th Jan 2009 9:19pm
JOKER

Scotland 

To me that looks like the rubber bush is worn

Post #2271 12th Jan 2009 10:05pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Shouldn't be like that, need bush replacing, not too much of a job, and your dealer doesn't need to do it either, take it to somewhere cheaper.

Looks a bit oily at the end of that arm under the rubber bush, have you had an oil leak? Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #2274 12th Jan 2009 10:48pm
kin

RRUK wrote:
Shouldn't be like that, need bush replacing, not too much of a job, and your dealer doesn't need to do it either, take it to somewhere cheaper.

Looks a bit oily at the end of that arm under the rubber bush, have you had an oil leak?
Thanks, the road were quite wet tonight, so it could be that, or this might have something to do with the blue smoke incident the other day, I'll get on the dealer tommorrow, as it should have been sorted out before I took delivery Neutral

Post #2275 12th Jan 2009 11:13pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

I take it back! Embarassed

I looked under mine today and its the same! Whistle

unless mine is so worn down too, however I've not noticed any play in the steering so I am guessing its meant to be this way. If someone here has a brand new car and can tell us if theirs is any different that would be great!

Sorry about that! Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #2283 13th Jan 2009 5:05pm
kin

RRUK wrote:
I take it back! Embarassed

I looked under mine today and its the same! Whistle

unless mine is so worn down too, however I've not noticed any play in the steering so I am guessing its meant to be this way. If someone here has a brand new car and can tell us if theirs is any different that would be great!

Sorry about that!
No prob! I've booked it in with the local dealer on Thursday, will let you know the outcome of that visit Neutral

ps does anyone have a L322 workshop manual, we could then find out whether its meant to look like that or not?

Post #2290 13th Jan 2009 7:09pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

You can get them on eBay, I'll take a look and see what I can find.

OK< they cost a whopping £3 on a cd.

I'm going to buy one! Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #2292 13th Jan 2009 9:21pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

RRUK If the CD is any good then please let us know as i will buy one too.

Post #2295 13th Jan 2009 9:41pm
Larry

England 2006 Range Rover SE Td6 Java Black

Can't really make it out on the picture, but it isn't the excess material from the moulding process that you can see is it?

If there are radial or circumfrential splits or material missing, or if the rubber is starting to craze and degrade the bush is failing.

Also, if the rubber is distorted, it could well be failing, possibly due to poor fitting or poor design/manufacture.

It will be fine with a couple of minor splits, but they'll only get worse.

Not seen the CD version of LR manuals, but from experience of Vauxhall ones, they are okay for a guide, but don't come close to Haynes or even older style LR paper manuals. £3 is worth a punt though (note: they are illegal copies though)

Post #2303 13th Jan 2009 10:30pm
kin

Well..just came back from the dealer, and everythings OK, all bushes are ok, could not find any leaks anywhere, cleaned my car, and didn't charge me a penny Thumbs Up

Although I checked the brand new one in the showroom, it looks like it has rubber all around it, I put that down to LR may have change the bush design Confused

Post #2334 15th Jan 2009 12:01pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

RRUK wrote:
You can get them on eBay, I'll take a look and see what I can find.

OK< they cost a whopping £3 on a cd.

I'm going to buy one!

OK, my Workshop Manual arrived today. Its a PDf driven CD, but sadly is not up to date, its for the earliest versions only, so no touch screen sat nav, bluetooth phone etc. Plus its only for the TD6 and 4.4V8.

Oddly, it also has the P38 RR and Defender on it too.

I guess it might come in handy at times, but not for my oil leak. I have ascertaind that oil seems to be coming out of the front Diff breather pipe next to the engine block but as to why....that's anybody's guess. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #2390 16th Jan 2009 2:04pm
Robert_it

Italy 

I am sure most of you guys know this already but there is a RAVE and Microcat download on "the green oval"
HERE: http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.php?opt...;Itemid=29
This is also only up and including the L322 with BMW engines and BMW mark 4 Navigation.

I have been hunting for a workshop manual for a long time with wiring diagrams for the touchscreen and RES system. so far without luck. (have bought 2 different from Ebay and got numerous negative replies from sellers)

If anybody gets lucky please share.. Bow down

Robert 2006 Full Size 4.2 V8 SC. Bonatti Grey - Ivory/Aspen.

Post #2392 16th Jan 2009 4:22pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Brilliant, and I paid £3! Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #2393 16th Jan 2009 4:49pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Dont know if this will be any good Chaps , but will keep having a look.

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/404...ice-repair

or this

http://www.datamanuals.net/RANGEROVERto2003p.htm

the one above is the one used in LR workshops ( so they say ) covers wiring and allsorts ( except for Bertie )

Post #2394 16th Jan 2009 5:20pm
Robert_it

Italy 

The one you can download from THE GREEN OVAL is the same as the one from "datamanuals" and I have just send an Email to the "tradebit" seller but I must admit I am not too hopeful Whistle

Good effort though.

You can with a bit of luck get some info on some things as the RR Sport is mentioned in the Green Oval one and some is alike, but in general you need the new version. Also a lot of the trim / body work / suspension / and electronics is the same. (read: all the old BMW's things)

A proper Workshop manual and wiring diagram covering also the new TDV8 and interior face lift would be SWEET if anybody can do magic Mr. Green Mr. Green

Robert 2006 Full Size 4.2 V8 SC. Bonatti Grey - Ivory/Aspen.

Post #2395 16th Jan 2009 8:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1