Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > removal of tint on rear windows
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Hi Bencelrr. Best not to upset the drug dealers on here , nastiest bunch !!!!

Don't worry about not liking tints , if everyone did it would make the real cool people like you Laughing Laughing Laughing 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #375801 5th Mar 2016 12:44am
19sjw

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Tonga Green

On this subject,now I could well be wrong, there are pictures of two RRs at the top of these pages, one,the 405, does not have tints,the other, L322 does. the question is, how long has the L322 been shown as having tints?, because I have only just noticed it. I could ,as said,well be wrong and has always had them!! Simon.

Post #375809 5th Mar 2016 8:57am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Hate tints - especially Limo - makes them look like a Van, plus not needed in GB. Personal choice😎 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #375810 5th Mar 2016 9:03am
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

good for the dogs in the back as i take them everywhere and out every day pair of show cockers also if i leave my ipad or mac in the back stops some scroat looking in also the baby seat to go in soon and want it private plus on silver looks better than boring plain Thumbs Up _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #375838 5th Mar 2016 12:35pm
Jkay

Australia 

For anyone wanting to check if glass is tinted or privacy glass, look for a V on the window

V would suggest its factory privacy glass (dye) and the absence of a V on dark glass would suggest tint

Hope this helps 2015 SDV8 Autobiography - Black, Cirrus, 22" Style 707 Wheels

Post #377094 12th Mar 2016 9:27pm
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

It's simpler than that ,if you can see the heating elements from the outside of the rear window , you don't have factory tints .
And someone said if you have RSE it's standard , that is true but you can option to not have them . 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #377139 13th Mar 2016 4:54am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

I dislike them too, and because they aren't legal on the front side windows it inevitably looks like you've got a VAT-dodge van. Really spoils the look when the glasshouse is split so awkwardly.

Post #377191 13th Mar 2016 12:45pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

I don't like dark tinted windows either, I had them on my old SC in Nigeria and it made the car dark inside (black leather as well) even in the bright sunshine there. In Malaysia they go crazy tinting and is is even worse on a lot of cars. They do have a nice light tinting film here, that gives a golden sheen to the windows that is not too bad (we have it on both our cars, bought them with the tint) but I don't think I will put it on my green FFRR anyway. I don't think it makes a lot of difference with the heating of the interior TBH.

When I was looking for my next FFRR I only looked for clear windowed ones and found my current green loveliness. I love the light interior combined with the light (slightly green tinted) glass. It makes the car lovely and light inside (in the UK). Can't wait to get it here Smile

I also think it detracts from the beautiful L322 design IMHO. For me the lines, the entire design works much better with the clear windows, but that is my opinion. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #377198 13th Mar 2016 1:09pm
Badger

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

I just think they look daft!
Clear windows at the front, and black at the back, makes the car look like a Dulux shade-card!

Post #377348 14th Mar 2016 12:49pm
Flugplatz

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aintree Green

Gosh, I'm genuinely pleased that what I'd assumed to be an almost heretical view ('no' to the awful drug-dealer glass) has such support.

Agree with the general gist of views: the darkened rear glass has a ruinous effect on the look of the car, particularly one with such a large glasshouse (ref: the L322 in the web page header - awful!). In the 14 years we've had these cars in the family, never have dogs, babies/small children/youthful adults complained or suffered. For those who shoot, there are some very nice gun drawers available for this and other LR products.

On the general subject of this type of glass, there is clearly something odd about the UK car market; certain VW group models are now ONLY available with the dreaded van-look - it's impossible to option them out. In France or Italy, the trend seems to be far less prevalent.

Post #377388 14th Mar 2016 6:50pm
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

I would much prefer not to have them on mine but they don't look drastically odd or out of character with the Bournville paintwork, both being dark brown.

Post #377394 14th Mar 2016 8:35pm
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

I was discussing this thread with my 20 year old son who is looking for a Freelander and his first mod will be timts. As we drove home on the motorway we saw a endless stream of car with tints , mostly jeeps and a lot of nearly new and new cars. He couldn't understand why anyone would not want tints just for the looks alone but he's young and looking good is important to him

One can only deduce from this that the marketing departments of these manufacturers believe that the majority of people find them appealing , for me I don't really mind / care what anyone else feels, I much prefer an RR with them and that's regardless of practicalities like RSE or children in the back

For me the argument re the amount of glass works the other way as you can see clearly into the car but each to their own

For those that 'hate ' or ' despise' tints can I suggest you don't need to get out more and experience the world Laughing

There are so many more things to hate or despise in this world ( like people who put 22s on a jeep Rolling with laughter ) just kidding !!

Just my humble opinion 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #377400 14th Mar 2016 9:17pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

You could always replace with plain glass, if it fills all your other criteria? Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #377403 14th Mar 2016 9:22pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Flugplatz wrote:

On the general subject of this type of glass, there is clearly something odd about the UK car market

People is VIP, innit?

They're even sillier on cars like 911s, where nobody ever sits in the back and you can still see inside perfectly well from the front anyway.

Post #377439 14th Mar 2016 11:52pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hmm. I don't know if you can get a special order delete, but JLR never seem to sell them here without factory tints. It makes the Euro spec ones always look a bit different.

Post #377680 16th Mar 2016 2:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>