Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > SKY Q
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

You boys need to get back to basics, go on a walk, enjoy the world Yawn I am lucky to get through 5 mins of netflix every other day.......bastards Thumbs Up

Post #381096 6th Apr 2016 9:48pm
lighthouse

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

JOKER wrote:
They are going to call me back tomorrow with all the details but basically its Sky Q Silver and due to being with them for 16 years i get the box and mini box free , but if i want to connect the other tv's it will be £99 for snother main box and mini box , and monthly payment including their broadband takes it to £119 a month ...

I also have Apple tv and Amazon Prime but only use these two periodically ...

Anyhow will find out more tomorrow 👍

Thats interesting because I have 4 HD+ boxes now and they told me that you can only have one main box and unto 4 mini boxes but a maximum of 7 tuners, so 1 less than I have now.

Also told me you can only use 3 boxes at anyone time.

Post #381267 8th Apr 2016 10:02am
ajac8

I like a good thread resurrection....

Now looking at Sky Q and it appears some folk here have had it for a while. W have been with Sky 19 years so a main 2TB box and two mini boxes will cost zero per month extra just got to find the rip off 'set up' charge which I can live with.

Is is really as good as the web would have me believe?

This thread is from 2016 and I understand the question of using other broad band providers has been sorted. I like the idea of being able to access my Netflix a/c too. Does that work ok?

The only draw back I can see is loosing our current planners attached to each multi room.

Anyone got it and wondered now why they bothered or is it a 'give the kids away before loosing Sky Q' situation?

Thumbs Up 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #498985 18th Dec 2018 7:20am
gj88

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Had it for ages, works really well. When you've had it for a while and go back to the old remotes and layouts, you can really tell how much more difficult it is to navigate.

Complete PITA having to lose your already recorded shows, but that's probably the only downside.

I ended up getting the set up charge for free, but it really does depend on when you're looking to swap. If they've hit their sales targets (which they will have post black friday deals and pre xmas) then you'll get no movement out of them. If you can afford to wait until Jan or Feb and just chance your arm, you're more likely to get them to waive all kinds of fees etc.

Definitely worth it for me, if not just to stop all those recording clashes!

Post #499000 18th Dec 2018 9:27am
Paul thornton

United Kingdom 

I messed up recently. Renewed my sky contract and they offered to upgrade me to Q for free which I declined as I didn't want to loose my recordings.

Anyway, 2 weeks later our main sky box failed and sky literally didn't want to know as they don't make the old non Q boxes anymore!

Took me a while but I eventually managed to track down a brand new 2TB box which at least was an upgrade from the old 500GB unit so we are good for now. Downside is we lost all the recordings that I didn't want to loose hence declining upgrading to Q!

Sods law I think they call it!

Post #499050 18th Dec 2018 6:10pm
kooky_guy

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

ajac8 wrote:
I like a good thread resurrection....

Now looking at Sky Q and it appears some folk here have had it for a while. W have been with Sky 19 years so a main 2TB box and two mini boxes will cost zero per month extra just got to find the rip off 'set up' charge which I can live with.

I had a look last night to see what they're currently offering as I'm fed up with the amount we pay for Sky, but Sky Q is still an extra £12 a month. How are you getting it for nothing? 2010 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE

Post #499112 19th Dec 2018 8:16am
ajac8

Don't know why its no extra per month but was told last Summer that cuz we have been with Sky for so long that all we need to find was the set up cost and re-sign for 18 months. I've just logged on and placed a pretend order right up to the checkout screen for a main box and two mini's and its is free per month if I pay the set up costs.

Tempted....but I will wait till jan / Feb and see if I even have to pay the set up fees. Thumbs Up 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #499200 19th Dec 2018 7:25pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I dumped sky about 15 years ago and use free sat/free view. I just didn’t use skyenough.

I have a Humax freesat box 2TB recorder, HD is free and it’s a one off cost. Records two and watch one at the same time.

I just ordered a new one for a one off charge of £289.00

It has Netflix and I player, Freesat currently having an argument with the playback channel four, but that’s on tv anyway.

They also do youview.. never investigated that.
Of course humax offer free view, I think that’s 5 channel recording , but not sure.

www.humaxdigital.com

Best Bill

Ps uses the same dish as sky Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #499327 21st Dec 2018 1:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123