Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Should Approved used FFRR have full dealer service history?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
cookman

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black
Should Approved used FFRR have full dealer service history?

I have just taken delivery of an 07 TDV8 bought from my local Land Rover Dealer. Upon looking through the service book I have noticed that there is no service history from 15k miles through to 41k. Also a service at 53k was undertake by an independant service centre. I thought that all Approved vehicles came with full dealer history. Does anyone have any information on this. Thanks

Post #37529 21st Nov 2010 6:40pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i think the 'approved' bit means that before re-sale the vehicle is checked thoroughly by the technicians..

welcome to the forum btw.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Last edited by stan on 21st Nov 2010 6:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #37530 21st Nov 2010 6:45pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

My understanding was the same as yours or the "Approved" scheme seems pointless. Surprised

Post #37531 21st Nov 2010 6:46pm
Fox

United Kingdom 

Odd if it doesn't have service history.
Wouldn't have thought a main dealer would have wanted to sell it like that... prime candidate for a less reputable 4x4 garage.

If I was you I'd be livid.
LR approved stock should be the best out there unless they are selling anything now as stock is hard to come by...

Post #37532 21st Nov 2010 6:48pm
cookman

Thanks for the quick replys, as you can imagine Im not pleased.

I will be contacting the garage in the morning. I think this is a good case for the their 30 day exchange scheme!

Although I love the car and its in good condition, the lack of history will make a big difference on resale later down the line. Does anyone have any idea on the value of service history?

Post #37540 21st Nov 2010 6:59pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

cookman wrote:
Thanks for the quick replys, as you can imagine Im not pleased.

I will be contacting the garage in the morning. I think this is a good case for the their 30 day exchange scheme!

Although I love the car and its in good condition, the lack of history will make a big difference on resale later down the line. Does anyone have any idea on the value of service history?

Yes the difference is that with a service history you can sell it and without you cannot Big Cry

Seriously in the case of your car as much as 2-3k or 5-10%.........

My buyers are always very particular about the service history and I only take stock with FSH (Main Dealer stamped for first three years).

Post #37542 21st Nov 2010 7:06pm
JOKER

Scotland 

I enquired to my dealership when i was entering into my second year of ownership of the SC and because in the first year i had only done 5000 mile they told me not to bother getting it serviced just to wait untill the third year which by then i had done 13,000 mile .

So in a nutshell my car has only had two yearly sevices in its first 3 year due to low mileage use ..... but has been serviced every year since Thumbs Up

Post #37543 21st Nov 2010 7:18pm
47p2

Scotland 

It could be that it was serviced and the book not stamped, if LR service they should have the work on their system

Post #37544 21st Nov 2010 7:22pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

MICK wrote:
I enquired to my dealership when i was entering into my second year of ownership of the SC and because in the first year i had only done 5000 mile they told me not to bother getting it serviced just to wait untill the third year which by then i had done 13,000 mile .

So in a nutshell my car has only had two yearly sevices in its first 3 year due to low mileage use ..... but has been serviced every year since Thumbs Up

IMHO a FFRR should be serviced every 12 months even if the mileage completed is low. This ensures a perfect service history and adds value but may not be strictly necessary in terms of the condition of the oil etc.

MAIN SERVICE = The main service is applicable to all vehicles. It is carried out at 12 month or 15,000 mile intervals , whichever occurs first.

Main Service "A" is applicable at 12 months/15,000 miles, 36 months/45,000 miles, 60 months/75,000 miles 84 months/105,000 miles and so on.

Main Service "B" is applicable at 24 months/30,000 miles, 48 months/60,000 miles, 72 months/90,000 miles, 96 months/120,000 miles and so on. Some items do not need to be carried out at every main service and these items are identified by an indicator in the tick box e.g. 60k (This indicates that this item is only applicable every 60,000 miles)

NOTE: The service required should be at the time or distance stated, which ever occurs first.

Last edited by Gazellio @ Prestige Cars on 21st Nov 2010 7:28pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #37546 21st Nov 2010 7:26pm
cookman

Ive just checked the wording in the approved used brochure, it states 'Land Rover Approved Used Vehicles come with a certified service history'.

I hope your right and that its recorded on the LR computer system.

Post #37547 21st Nov 2010 7:27pm
InVogue

United Kingdom 

In my experience (I spent considerable time this year looking for an LR Approved Disco3) many, and indeed probably the majority of LR approved vehicles DO NOT have a full LR service history! In fact, even LR owned vehicles often have gaps in their history. The dealers generally laughed this off and told me it doesn't matter, but it certainly did to me Rolling Eyes

Ultimately I walked away from the 'protection' of the LR Approved scheme and bought a FFRR privately which had been properly looked after...

Other manufacturers used schemes are usually no different, so caveat emptor. See this for example:

Quote:
Requirements for an approved service history:

* All Lexus Centre services will be completed by a Lexus qualified technician and have all the applicable stamps and signatures.
* Services for qualifying vehicles must be within 1,000 miles either side of the scheduled service mileage limit or within 2 months either side of the specified time period.

Vehicles with an incomplete or non Lexus Centre service history can only qualify as an Approved Pre-Owned Lexus once the retailing Lexus Centre completes the most recent major service.The Centre must then update the service record book to provide to you.

Post #37571 21st Nov 2010 7:50pm
cookman

Thanks for everyones help about service history. The dealer has now tracked down the garage that serviced my car and they are stamping the book. Happy ending.

Post #39206 24th Nov 2010 11:19pm
sportin

United States 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I bought a FFRR recently and I had a problem getting the vehicle history from a dealer because of "privacy concerns", of the previous owner.
I called corporate LR. I gave them the vin to have me on file as the current owner: if a recall goes out....and I asked them for the history of warranty repairs done on the vehicle. They gave me everything that they paid for, for warranty repairs, including the covered servicing. 2006 RR 4.4 HSE
2008 Audi A6

Post #54625 14th Mar 2011 5:21pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Mick, mine has just covered 7700 in it's first year (it was first registered in March 2010) and the dash board indicator is telling me the car needs a service every time I start it up. It's booked into the local guys for Wednesday. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #54631 14th Mar 2011 5:27pm
scene247

United Kingdom 

Agree it should have FSH, but not necessarily LR FSH. When picking mine up they said it's fine for warrenty to use independant as long as approved (don't know how to find this out). There is no impact to warranty etc of the FFRR, all to do with competition rules/laws - not allowed to dictate that you go to main LR dealer for servicing.

Think I will be using main dealer though, just makes the record a great deal more appealing in 3 years.

Post #54634 14th Mar 2011 5:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>