Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 42 of 43 <123 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Very stressed todayโ€ฆ went for an MOT test and the tester aborted the test so my car stays motโ€™d, the rear jacking point on the passenger side has rusted through and the other side that was welded 4 years ago collapsed Big Cry so now waiting for a price for it to be repaired. I considered selling it briefly but really really attached to this beast. It will be fixed. Just wish that there was repair panels available.

Post #623288 11th Feb 2022 1:14pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

I welded my wheel arch inner wheel arch area, to be strong, and pass the MOT, and with virtually all of it hidden from eyes, it certainly didn't look A1, but I left it possible to use filler, to resculpt the inner painted area of the wheel arch to recreate the lines. I just brush-hand primed the area, and aerosoled the body colour. it was fine for the MOT, and very obvious it was super strong. I had cut away about 12 inches of the sill, and used decent gauge steel, welded in a box section jacking point support to the upper sill against the inner sill etc.. the outer piece folded in a vice-with-hammer method. but its only covered with the plastic sill cover. total cost was pence. probably spent more on T-bags!.

Post #623482 12th Feb 2022 8:59pm
green-oval-nut

Annoyingly I know how to weld, just donโ€™t have the equipment or time ๐Ÿ˜‚ too busy managing a garage getting everyone elseโ€™s motors fixed ๐Ÿ˜‚ now I have 3 of mine broken down on site awaiting repairs ๐Ÿ˜‚ Discovery brakes caught fire, BMW decided to water the road, my RR needs welding, I also have 2 VWโ€™s at a friends who is a mechanic to get them fixed ๐Ÿ˜‚ and my daily driver Sprinter is in limp mode. Literally nothing I have is working properly at the moment. Have only just managed to squeeze my own cars onto the ramps starting later this week ๐Ÿ˜‚ and to top it off, I never get time on a Sunday because someone else always needs there cars repaired out of hours ๐Ÿ˜‚ this Sunday I have to go to my parents to fix her car and get it back on the road. It broke down 1 day after I conviscated my RR back that she was borrowing before ๐Ÿ˜‚

Post #623489 12th Feb 2022 10:12pm
green-oval-nut

Well, I dropped my Range Rover off for restoration welding about a week ago, to my shock, the welder dove right in. My car has had both sills done and up into the arches, and yesterday I got a message telling me that it was done and ready to collect Shocked Very Happy Sadly, due to bad health I am physically unable to drive at the moment so having to wait until Saturday or Sunday before I can collect it.

I have already booked the MOT in at work for Monday, so fingers crossed that the beast passes the MOT without anymore issues as I need to get my diff replaced on my Discovery.

Post #627508 1st Apr 2022 6:07am
green-oval-nut

Got my car in for the MOT on Monday, flew through the test, then after I left the garage, a pipe burst and ended up with no brakes. So the Range Rover is sat waiting for the brakes to be sorted now.

Post #627846 5th Apr 2022 8:45pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Thats more than slightly worrying a) it had passed an MOT with a serious defect imminent and b) that a single pipe bursting resulted in no brakes, surely it should have dual circuit?

Glad you found it in time and it didn't result in an accident, horrible feeling when brakes fail. BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #627864 6th Apr 2022 4:52am
green-oval-nut

It was actually a new pipe fitted by another garage that burst where it was flared. So believe it wasnโ€™t done properly, and brakes are on a single fluid system, so when the fluid leaks and has all leaked out, then you have no working brakes at all.

There was no signs of leaking and the brakes worked perfectly at the time of the mot test which is sods law ๐Ÿ˜‚

Post #627884 6th Apr 2022 7:23am
AJGalaxy2012

So your L322 doesnt have dual circuit brakes? Normally the master cylinder resovoir is split into two seperate circuits, if one drains away it leaves diagonally opposite wheel brakes working. It's alarming that a 2tonne+ truck wouldnt have such a system. BMW i3 Electric Car

Post #627885 6th Apr 2022 7:34am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

it should have dual circuit brakes according to the WM. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO ฦŽ๊“•โˆ€๊“•O๊“ค PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #627902 6th Apr 2022 9:34am
AJGalaxy2012

I thought it was a legal requirement....... BMW i3 Electric Car

Post #627913 6th Apr 2022 11:06am
green-oval-nut

Once the brake system has burst and leaked all its fluid, you have no brakes. But anyway, it is now finally fixed thanks to a delay in parts arriving at work. So my Range Rover finally got to go on the ramps, sadly, immediately after being fixed, I had to park it up and leave it at work as it was very low on fuel and I have been using one of my other cars to commute to work Laughing I have also been on a bit of a purchase rampage with cars, I now have a Freelander 2, Discovery 2 and grown my collection heavily with many other vehicles that I am not selling for a while.

Post #630037 28th Apr 2022 8:35pm
AJGalaxy2012

"Once the brake system has burst and leaked all its fluid, you have no brakes."
I do understand this basic phenomenon, the thing is, with dual circuit brakes this shouldn't happen, each circuit has a protected level of fluid in the master cylinder. The fact that your brakes totally failed would suggest there's something not right in your braking system. BMW i3 Electric Car

Post #630054 29th Apr 2022 4:29am
GraemeJudge

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

green-oval-nut wrote:
Well, I dropped my Range Rover off for restoration welding about a week ago, to my shock, the welder dove right in. My car has had both sills done and up into the arches, and yesterday I got a message telling me that it was done and ready to collect Shocked Very Happy Sadly, due to bad health I am physically unable to drive at the moment so having to wait until Saturday or Sunday before I can collect it.

I have already booked the MOT in at work for Monday, so fingers crossed that the beast passes the MOT without anymore issues as I need to get my diff replaced on my Discovery.

Can I ask where and how much roughly they cost to do sill please

Post #630079 29th Apr 2022 10:41am
green-oval-nut

I am happy to PM you the details of the welder

Post #634021 8th Jun 2022 10:48am
green-oval-nut

I can't believe I am actually saying this, but it is with a heavy heart that I have now SOLD my Range Rover today. It was sitting more than it was moving, and it was stuck at my parents because I was worried it would get vandalised, so I was insuring it for it to be a road ornament. Already miss it loads. I have never kept a car so long before. I might buy another in the next year though. Not sure as I now have 3 D3's, 2 Freelander 2's and 1 Freelander 1 amongst a ton of other cars as my finances changed for the better and my collection grew, some for selling, others for keeping.

I have however kept the private plate from it which will be going on another vehicle.

Post #634022 8th Jun 2022 10:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 42 of 43 <123 ... 414243>