Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Add blue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

The car has an 18 liter tank and had 2 liters in it, the computer said it would do 600+ miles but it shut down. I have no issue with having to fill up or paying. I have an issue with not being given good information to make decisions on. I went to the stealer the first working day after the message that it was running low, they sold me a top up bottle, 10 days latter it shuts down. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #409238 14th Oct 2016 7:41am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I have been reading about comments made on the Porsche Forum PHs about the adblue on the Cayenne Diesels where they are complaining the cars with it are not as fast as they where with out it, also they have lost a lot of the V8 rumble sound.
Has this affected the SDV8 in anyway?
Dixy LR claim there should be four warnings before car won't start did this happen?

Post #409261 14th Oct 2016 9:51am
wealy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Luxor

I can't see any technical reason that it would affect performance?????? Apart from the fact it adds more weight to the car!

It is a fluid (sheep's p***s) that is injected into the exhaust system way after the combustion process, so anyone who thinks its a slower car is in denial!

Post #409272 14th Oct 2016 10:48am
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Given you can buy the stuff for less than a quid a litre I really don't see why you would let it run so low. You wouldn't do it with brake fluid, engine coolant, diesel or engine oil, so why do it with DEF?

Good information? So you trust the TPMS, the range to empty, etc?

In the time it took you to type all this you could have filled the thing a dozen times over.

Post #409278 14th Oct 2016 12:01pm
peekay

2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Just so I know, can any type/brand of Adblue be used i.e. Mixed in the tank if you need to refill?

Post #409291 14th Oct 2016 1:27pm
wealy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Luxor

Whilst your car is in warranty I would only use genuine LR or an approved equivalent. We all know how they like to crawl out of warranty claims.

I had it with a BMW 1 series that had a problem with the rear wash blocking up and it was a common fault (something to do with the position of the reservoir causing crystallisation of the fluid) and BMW's first response was "have you put non BMW approved washer fluid in?"

Post #409292 14th Oct 2016 1:39pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

mzplcg wrote:
Given you can buy the stuff for less than a quid a litre I really don't see why you would let it run so low. You wouldn't do it with brake fluid, engine coolant, diesel or engine oil, so why do it with DEF?

Good information? So you trust the TPMS, the range to empty, etc?

In the time it took you to type all this you could have filled the thing a dozen times over.

My criticism is that I feel let down by the stealer, This, like most owners, is the first time with this new technology. The only way to check the level is by the computer, so if it says 1400 miles to empty and you have a service booked for 300 miles and you have put in a top up, that should be good enough.
I do weekly powdery checks, but again the only way of checking the oil level is by the computer, I miss the dipstick. Yes I trust the tpms, fuel gage, Speedo, it seams reasonable on a car of this value.

If when I took delivery the salesman had said every 5000 miles add 10 liters of add blue, I would have, but he said check the computer, which I did.
I am informed that having allowed air in to a top up bottle it can not be stored, as it will then degrade. How long will it be before you can go in to a filling station, top up with diesel and add blue and just pay for what you use.

Yes I could have used my time differently, hopefully this post may stop some other poor sod from having it shut down on them. In the time it takes you to read this you could have learnt to assist your fellow mankind. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #409295 14th Oct 2016 1:46pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

I did assist fellow mankind. The advice was simple. Keep it topped up. You can do this at most decent forecourts from a nozzle, you don't even have to buy a can. Certainly most of the truck pumps have adblue at them.

So you trust TMPS, but worse still it seems you trust what a salesman told you. Rolling with laughter

Oh and it can be stored as long as the container is closed again. It's 2/3rds water and 1/3rd urea so it's hardly going to degrade. In fact the 78% nitrogen in the small amount of air you let into the bottle will help preserve it. If fresh air would degrade it the thing would have a closed filling system, not a cap you unscrew which will let air in.

Post #409300 14th Oct 2016 2:57pm
Bluestu33

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Loire Blue

It maybe a silly question, but I will ask anyway.

I picked up my 2014 4.4 yesterday and forgot to ask the dealer. Do I need to add this to my car?

Thanks in advance

Post #409339 14th Oct 2016 9:16pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

This will be an issue only for Euro 6 era cars, I think this came in Sept 2015, so not relevant to 2014 cars.

It all sound a bit of a hassle and I think for 2017 MY the fuel tank is reduced to 85 litres to allow room for the Adblue tank, reducing the range between fills which is of course one of the attractions of the diesel. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #409413 15th Oct 2016 4:07pm
JasM

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Bluestu33 wrote:
It maybe a silly question, but I will ask anyway.

I picked up my 2014 4.4 yesterday and forgot to ask the dealer. Do I need to add this to my car?

Thanks in advance

2014 SDV8 won't have adblue. Thumbs Up 2014 SDV8 Autobiography Cool

Gone: 2012 RRS SDV6 HSE, 2007 RRS TDV6 HSE

Post #409796 19th Oct 2016 12:35am
Gruute

Belgium 

caymanblack wrote:
I have been reading about comments made on the Porsche Forum PHs about the adblue on the Cayenne Diesels where they are complaining the cars with it are not as fast as they where with out it, also they have lost a lot of the V8 rumble sound.
Has this affected the SDV8 in anyway?
Dixy LR claim there should be four warnings before car won't start did this happen?

I had a Cayenne 3.0 diesel with Ad blue. and i can assure that they don't drive slower as the one's without. Also the the sound isn't different.
It's just annoying when you planned a trip of +1.000 km when the sign comes on just after you left home. Therefor i refilled it every 5.000 KM.

For my future RR 4.4 I will install an installation at home with 200L tank AdBlue to do the refills. 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 silicon silver
2011 Defender 90 2.4 TDCI Nara Exclusive
2008 Porsche 911 997 4S Black/black
1970 Porsche 911T 2.2 in restauration
1980 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40 concours winner

Post #429539 28th Feb 2017 5:49pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

What i read about was the v8 diesel not the 3.0 litre.
Still as i said it owners over on the Porsche forum moaning not me personally as i have no idea.

Post #429555 28th Feb 2017 7:30pm
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

Not sure if this is cheaper than Stealer prices, but found a company online 'lrparts' who have the OEM Adblue in 2 litre easy use bottles for £7.50 +vat

These are the same you'd get from the Stealer & have the correct dispenser for the L405 Range Rover. Bought myself 5 bottles to keep in the garage. Paul

MY17 TDV6 Autobiography In Carpathian Grey With Cirrus Interior

Post #430788 11th Mar 2017 1:14pm
peekay

2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Just a quick question on this - my warning light for this has come on - only driven 6k miles from new and it needs refilling !! Don't have time to go to dealer so can I use any variant of adblue. I checked manual and it says that it needs to be ISO 22241-1 I can only find ISO 22241 . Anyone know what the -1 means . Is it a different fluid? Can it be used ?
Thanks in advance

Post #432988 28th Mar 2017 6:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>