Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Alternator Replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
KRV24

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Alternator Replacement

Hi - Wanted to ask what kind of cost is reasonable for an alternator replacement on a 201O Vogue SE? I've seen posts that its a difficult job taking 3 to 4 hrs labour? First quote i got from an independent was an eye watering 858.00 Big Cry

It all started with the dreaded bong and error message "charging system fault" swiftly followed by numerous error messages and tft screen meltdown. Luckily was able to carry on driving despite the electronic shutdown and got home.

Thanks!

Post #413030 10th Nov 2016 11:32pm
Ollie_247

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Orkney Grey

I had the following done a couple of months ago after have a lovely flock of bird from Aux pulleys & tensions it wasn't a cheap job.

They did the Alternator and water pump because we already had the front end off. there was movement in the shafts on both so thought it was a good time to start.

total bill for 9 hours labor and all the parts was £1300 The MOT Track days Test Dummy

2007 Vogue SE TDV8

Post #413071 11th Nov 2016 11:35am
wealy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Luxor

I did the job myself and it took me all weekend. The Alternator and belt etc (brand new Denso) from Dan was about £300.00 so I'm suggesting £550 labour is about right as its a pig of a job to get the connector at the back of the unit off and then back on again. If I had to do it again, I think I would pay someone!

I bet your car has done between 75 and 85 k

Post #413072 11th Nov 2016 11:41am
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Is the alternator definitely not charging? I had the same error message on a 2010 S/C and it needed a modified bit of wiring along with a firmware flash. Alternator was fine but the warning and lights were all telling me otherwise. I can't find the TSB right now but there was one for this.

These alternators get turned off by the charging module when the battery is full to save a drop of fuel.

Post #413085 11th Nov 2016 1:40pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I needed a new alternator, but, at the advice of my mechanic, had it refurbished rather than replace. Advantages: cheaper, still OEM, said better as they get properly tested, unlike the new ones. Disadvantages: two-day wait while they sent it off to be rebuilt. Highly recommended. Now, if it's a software issue, even better.

Post #413307 13th Nov 2016 12:45am
KRV24

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Thanks all Thumbs Up . went with a replacement as the garage had an opening to do the work. Couldn't stay off the road and needed the car back asap.

I got 79k out of it so I guess it was due to be replaced (spot on with the mileage guess wealy)
Would have liked to have got a second opinion but didn't want to risk making the problem worse (they catch fire the garage was saying?)

The cost of an LR OEM Denso alternator was 425.69+VAT and 4 hrs labour+VAT. Although saw plenty on-line prices 100.00 cheaper.

All is running smooth and just keeping fingers cross I don't get any new suprises for at least 6 months!

Post #413403 13th Nov 2016 5:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1