Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Adornments.... Steps, Roof Bars etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ginja

England 
Adornments.... Steps, Roof Bars etc

Moving on from my electric queries I'm now keen on thoughts around some adornments for my new family adventure wagon. We will need more luggage space so a roof box seems the way forward and given the height I'll also need steps to reach into it.

I'm looking at roof bars and cross bars, a Thule box and fixed side steps. I wondered what the general opinion was of OEM kit vs the ebay stuff? I'd prefer OEM but is it worth the more than double cost? I've found a site called sidesteps which seem to sell UK aftermarket versions of side steps (vs. Chinese junk) which might be an option but they don't seem to have the nice silvered trim.

With the roof bars I have read that the aftermarket ones require the plastic covers on the car to be removed, which damages them? Not sure on that - nor indeed on my possessions flying off the roof at speed because I've cheaped out!

Interested in opinions Smile

Post #413893 16th Nov 2016 11:46am
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

To fit OEM or eBay roof rails you have to cut off the six doors on the roof track so think long and hard about if you need them , I bought some copy roof rails and deeply regretted it Evil or Very Mad problems included ; the cross bars don't have enough adjustment to fit in all the positions , the locking mechanism jams and can't be moved and the end caps are very flimsy and fall off soon after fitting and once broken can't be refitted ( attractive)

I use Rhino Rack because it's the only system where you can have three bars fitted to take a 100kg load and has by far the biggest range of accessories but most poms moan about the price and fit two sports bars Laughing
http://www.rhinorack.co.uk/Vehicle_LAND%20..._4101.aspx

2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #413898 16th Nov 2016 12:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1