Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > L322 electronics driving me crazy!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

You've removed every fuse and used a meter, on amps, inline...??

If you can't find anything, like I said above, any auto electrician will do it...

A quick google shows a few....

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=ch...ectricians

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #416526 3rd Dec 2016 11:45pm
holidaychicken

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

This will test a current flow across a fuse, not voltage as something can be live but not necessarily a current flowing so you would need to plug this in to every fuse and lock the vehicle and have the meter where you can read it and check for current flow once the vehicle has gone to sleep.

I think I am recalling my college correctly as amps x volts = power (watts), so no amps means no power drain.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370828400780

Post #416539 4th Dec 2016 8:56am
kiranl322

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Epsom Green

I think I've found the problem, I feel it's the Hevac unit, I notice when I lock the car I hear a vacuum sound and I'm pretty sure it's coming from that unit (near the clock on the dash) is this normal?

Post #416663 4th Dec 2016 9:20pm
holidaychicken

I believe it is normal for a period of time.
From doing some more research i think the following is correct

the wiring harness upgrade YNI 500040K is for 2004 models but some have fitted it to 2003 and is related to the small fan noise that continues for more than 30 ? minutes after shut down
Fuse 12 is the HEVAC control unit and would point towards the wiring harness upgrade.
I believe this fault causes the battery to drain over a longer period of time, say 3-6 days. i think i have this problem and have done since i have owned it.

The Final stage resistor - JGO 000021 is for when the heater blower is faulty or comes on when car is off but you say you have changed yours.
Fuse 64 is for the front blower control unit and would point towards the FSR if removing the fuse cures the drain.
This fault can cause much quicker battery drain as in over night.

Fuse 28 is the headlight wash / wipe and would point towards headlight wipers not parking / faulty or headlight washer motor faulty

Fuse 49 is radio and i think satnav and if removing this cures the drain then i would be looking in the rear left hand compartment for damp / water ingress. you cant just pull this fuse if it is for the satnav, you need to switch everything off and wait for the light on the satnav to go off keeping in mind if you open any doors or tailgate it will wake up again.

i think that is correct, have had a scan around as i'm sure you have

Post #416693 5th Dec 2016 12:04am
kiranl322

Hi bud,

Many thanks for the detail reply here's a little up-date what's going on:

I have been turning the fan control off manually before turning the car off and climate control to zero and seems to be fine for the last couple of days, what does the FSR actually do? If I remove it what would actually occur? Regarding the wiring harness upgrade from where to where does it actually go?

Post #417202 8th Dec 2016 10:48pm
holidaychicken

If you remove the blower resistor i don't think anything would happen, as in you wouldn't have a fan. i am only guessing but the resistance is probably variable to vary the blower speed as when they fail the speed can go all over the place, stay on when supposed to be off or any combination including no fan at all. if you can take it out then replace it with a new one if you have the cash or remove its fuse. If turning off the fan control is working for you then that is great.
My fuse buddy turned up today so will have a play at the weekend.
TSB Attached for the harness although looks more complicated that i think it has to be, i am sure i have just seen it connected up and tucked back behind the hevac panel.
Just to confirm, you have fitted a new final stage resistor (Hedgehog)
Keep in mind this is only for a certain vin range.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #417213 9th Dec 2016 12:11am
kiranl322

Thanks for the reply bud! Doesn't look too complicated to replace like you mentioned, had a quick look at my vin and it is coming up as 4A143464 which I believe might just be out of what is mentioned, do you think it might be still worth a try? If so where could I get hold of one? Is it a dealer only part? How much would it be approximately? Really appreciate the help!

Post #417300 9th Dec 2016 10:43pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

If you are outside the vin range then you shouldn't need it, this fan will stay on for 16 minutes before it goes to sleep..

Unlock it, get in, shut the doors, sit there for 20mins, if it's still going then it's bust, bet it isn't though....

Then open the passenger side cubby in the boot, leave the parcel shelf folded, shut the doors and lock it, come back in 20mins and look through the boot window (without unlocking) to see if the red LED on the satnav DVD unit is still on, if it is then the unit is faulty...

That's the two main culprits... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #417517 11th Dec 2016 3:37pm
kiranl322

Cheers for that bud! well a little up-date, been driving around lately and all seems well *touch wood!* as ive been turing the fan off manually before i leave, only to find on one cold morning the thing was dead! Sad , i tried the two culprits as mentioned but to no avail! anyone got any other ideas? been going on for ages and think i found a few more grey hairs!

Post #418037 15th Dec 2016 6:09pm
alistairh

How old is your battery? Have you tested the headlamp motors/wipers? The cold finished off my battery..replaced it then my headlight motor died then drained my new battery overnight..

Post #418038 15th Dec 2016 6:22pm
Lenb

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
Read this post - it sorted mine

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic38061.html

If you read this post 'nicedayforit' posted a solution to the hevac panel fan (I used the ignition switch version) and it sorted my battery drain and I've not had a problem since. I sat in the fullfat for the best part of an hour and the fan remained on prior to this (neighbours probably though I'd had an argument with the wife). 6 months down the road and not had another flat battery Very Happy Current: 2004 Vogue 4.4 V8 - 2004 Discovery 2
Previous: 2000 P38 DHSE - 1995 P38 DT Man - 1990 3.9 SE Classic, 1980 3.5 Classic 2dr

Post #419461 24th Dec 2016 3:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12