Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > In Control Apps Data & Music Questions??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
adamfawsitt

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

w8pmc wrote:
Excellent & i'll look into that further. Just realised i've said twice now my monthly combined iPhone/iPad/Son's iPhone contract is with 3 but it's not it's with EE so 3 looks to be a good alternative.

Will 12gb for 12mths cover requirements as that equates to 1gb per month which doesn't seem alot if so many features could be using this data?

The Three deal is very good.

You will use less than 500MB per month so it's perfect.

Post #423463 18th Jan 2017 11:18am
adamfawsitt

w8pmc wrote:
Alistair wrote:
£30 for 12Gb for 12 months here on 3

Ordered & will be here early next week.

Adam, do you need to do anything additional with the car or Network Provider to allow the additional functionality, or is it simply pop the Micro SIM into the relevant slot in the car & the car works it all out (plug & play)?

Plug and play as far as the SIM and data connection are concerned - you will of course have to register with Land Rover for the Incontrol and Navigation accounts (why they don't have one consolidated account god only knows).

Post #423465 18th Jan 2017 11:20am
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

adamfawsitt wrote:
That is exactly the deal that I went for.

Quick question on this Adam?

My 3 SIM arrived this morning (thanks for the heads up). Now i assume the 12mth only starts rolling from when the SIM card's activated? Do i need to do anything ahead of FFRR collection day to activate the SIM (such as contact 3 or go online) or will purely installing the SIM in the car activate it & start the 12mth period?

Post #423769 19th Jan 2017 3:55pm
adamfawsitt

I don't know the answer to your question about when the 12 months starts from - like you I assume from activation.

Three say their SIMs come activated BUT mine didn't work until I called Three to tell them the data connection in the car wasn't working for them to tell me that it was all activated correctly and miraculously when I went to the car it worked! I suspect that the call and it working weren't a coincidence....

Post #423776 19th Jan 2017 4:10pm
Pfazz

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Can someone in the know please explain the procedure here regarding SIM cards for the L405. People seem to be saying that you have to buy your own SIM and I insert it in the car in order to have the Land Rover In Control functions etc. I picked mine up new from Guy Salmon !5 months ago and there was no mention of this whatsoever. Now I assume the SIM must have been installed by them as part of the deal but I don't even know where it is in the car, could someone please enlighten me? Agueroooooooooo. 93-20
I swear you will never see anything like this ever again....watch it..drink it in.

Post #423778 19th Jan 2017 4:14pm
adamfawsitt

I am sorry but your infotainment system is totally different to mine (MY17) so I cannot answer your question (this is my first 405).

Post #423824 19th Jan 2017 7:34pm
dfulgo

Italy 

Pfazz wrote:
...I don't even know where it is in the car, could someone please enlighten me?

It's below the steering column, about 4" ahead of your left knee. 2016 RR ATB (Kaikoura Stone w/Brogue/Ivory-Brogue)

Post #423895 20th Jan 2017 7:47am
w8pmc

adamfawsitt wrote:
I don't know the answer to your question about when the 12 months starts from - like you I assume from activation.

Three say their SIMs come activated BUT mine didn't work until I called Three to tell them the data connection in the car wasn't working for them to tell me that it was all activated correctly and miraculously when I went to the car it worked! I suspect that the call and it working weren't a coincidence....

Thanks. Last stupid question on this subject (hopefully) but what wasn't active/working in the car that caused you to think the SIM wasn't activated & then what was working to confirm it was?

I guess an option for me is to pop the new SIM card in my iPad the day before collection & activate it on that as would be obvious if it's activated or not & then if not i can contact Three before collecting the car & all sold be good.

Post #423896 20th Jan 2017 8:26am
w8pmc

Pfazz wrote:
Can someone in the know please explain the procedure here regarding SIM cards for the L405. People seem to be saying that you have to buy your own SIM and I insert it in the car in order to have the Land Rover In Control functions etc. I picked mine up new from Guy Salmon !5 months ago and there was no mention of this whatsoever. Now I assume the SIM must have been installed by them as part of the deal but I don't even know where it is in the car, could someone please enlighten me?

See above posts as i too have had conflicting stories, but it appears to get the full range of features & functionality for the InControl Touch Pro (& i assume it's predecessor the InControl Touch) that you need a data only SIM card to access everything. I'm sure most core functions of the car don't require the additional SIM, but the what i'd call enhanced features do require the additional SIM.

Post #423897 20th Jan 2017 8:29am
adamfawsitt

w8pmc wrote:
adamfawsitt wrote:

Thanks. Last stupid question on this subject (hopefully) but what wasn't active/working in the car that caused you to think the SIM wasn't activated & then what was working to confirm it was?

I guess an option for me is to pop the new SIM card in my iPad the day before collection & activate it on that as would be obvious if it's activated or not & then if not i can contact Three before collecting the car & all sold be good.

When the SIM is working you will get a service indication on the left hand top corner of the screen - here is a picture with an arrow pointing to the 3G for my in car SIM. Ignore the signal bars on the very left they pertain to my phone which is connected via Bluetooth to the car.

Post #423950 20th Jan 2017 3:49pm
w8pmc

Thanks Adam.

Post #423953 20th Jan 2017 3:53pm
nickcruise1

United Kingdom 

keep us posted Adam, my new one comes in march and will need to do the same as you, be interested how it works out !
annoying it is not included with the car really !

Post #424414 23rd Jan 2017 2:29pm
nickcruise1

United Kingdom 

going to order one of the 3 sim's same you you had, is the deal you got all working out good for you as think I will order one of those same as you ...?

Post #427037 9th Feb 2017 1:21pm
adamfawsitt

Yes, all good. I am using about 100mb of data per 1,200 miles of driving.

Post #427251 11th Feb 2017 12:20am
w8pmc

When using Spotify in the FFRR, does the data usage come from the installed Three SIM i've bought or is the iPhones data allowance used?

In my M5 it uses the data from the phone when streaming Spotify in the car, but the quality is better when it's connected via USB rather than Bluetooth (bluetooth connection is then just used for the regular phone features etc.).

Is this different in the FFRR or the same?

Post #427835 15th Feb 2017 9:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>