Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 2010MY - are the screen washer nozzles heated?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
2010MY - are the screen washer nozzles heated?

Just had a message from home that my brother and father have taken my car out for a good long drive. It started first press of the starter button so that little battery charger has been able to keep up with the battery drain over 7 weeks of not going anywhere. However, my brother was surprised that the car doesn't appear to have heated washer nozzles like his 8 year old A4 quatrro convertable has - now I am sure that my FFRR has heated nozzles so could it be that although the nozzles might be heated the pipework back to the pumps has frozen and needs a bit longer run to get engine heat to them (he reports that for the last 2 weeks in our area daytime temperatures have never got above -5C and at night it has been as low as -15C) - in anticipation of a big freeze up I filled the washer bottle with Halfords winter concentrated screen wash solution (neat not diluted) but it is supposed to work down to -20c............................. he did report back that after leaving the car parked in the sun for 45 minutes while he went shopping the nozzles had cleared when he returned to the car, so I assume the engine heat had penetrated the insulation under the bonnet and thawed out the lines. It's difficult to know from this distance if the jets have just given up with the cold or not! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #43397 24th Dec 2010 9:01am
bogie

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I believe theyve been heated for last 8 years of models

however I had the same experience recently, until the car had warmed up in the sun for a couple of hours, all screenwash frozen

seems like neat screenwash and heated washer jets, still cant cope Sad

I guess being covered in 4" of snow for days on end, finally got it beat.... cheers
bogie

Post #43398 24th Dec 2010 10:04am
JOKER

Scotland 

Tim one of mine was not working tried the pin method , also took the hoses off from underneath the bonnet water was working fine , then i sprayed de-icer directly into the nozzle of the washer and it worked ,,,,,,,,

Must have been a baw hair of ice that just would not melt inside the jet ...... Thumbs Up

Post #43464 24th Dec 2010 4:06pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Just park the car in the living room. We all have french doors or sliding doors these days Thumbs Up

Post #43476 24th Dec 2010 6:03pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Gaz, you might have but I don't unfortunately and I cannot afford a room like Ferris Beuller's Dad had for storing his Ferrarri 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #43559 25th Dec 2010 2:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1