Print this entire topic · 
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

disregard what ^^ he said re the lpg not being good on the bmw lump

it converts very well indeed

Post #435988 26th Apr 2017 2:10pm
simon70

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

An update on the RR, I started the vehicle up after standing for 2 days, I used my phone to video it. Timing chain clatter as usual and the flickering oil can and warning bong, the oil pressure rose and the engine calmed down. Not sure but it may have taken a minute to a minute and a half, I set off for a 12 mile drive to meet John at Cargas in Stoke, I stopped at my local garage who've just done the gaskets. I'll park that conversation for now, so onwards to Cargas where John (a fine, fine fellow) listened to my engine, said it was as quiet as a mouse compared to some L322's he gets. We talked a bit, he had a think. Looked at my oil filter which was ok and checked the cleanliness of my oil, again good. I showed him my video, he said yes you've got timing chain issues, but was not of the opinion that it was the cause of my Low Oil Pressure. In fact this is the first of this problem he's had. We've resolved to have the car up on the ramp next week and remove the sump cover and take it from there, he thinks it maybe and I stress maybe an oil pump Pressure release valve that maybe sticking, but can't promise. He confirmed that my LPG system was a good one, and debunked the many of the myths that have been banded about on forums, and I think it's fair to say I've found myself a diamond of a bloke, many thanks to Landranger Services for putting me onto him. There's no guarantee going forward but I will know more by the end of next week

Simon Goodwin

Post #436176 28th Apr 2017 12:32am
b348xyx

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Let's hope it's something more simple Smile.. keep us updated 2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 - Adriatic blue

2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 -Maintenance History Click Here = http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39687.html

Post #436190 28th Apr 2017 7:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12