Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > oil sump plug leaking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
rik

Scotland 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

yea pcv pipes done didn't seem too bad mines lpg also so a few pipes in the way. am going to change rad and gearbox cooler as I am getting gearlock when towing caravan after about 20miles or so. changed thermostat to 80deg did help a little but not as much as I hoped. had gearbox flushed and filters done I tow a hobby caravan 2tonne app easy to tow but this locking in gear is a pain. she wants me to do 4thousand revs plus before she will change and as you know 4k in 2rd is a bit fast for caravan. car runs a dream and I don't mind fixing things but I do grudge paying over the top prices for mechanics that are just practicing on my car .

Post #437937 10th May 2017 10:44pm
rik

Scotland 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

should read 4k in 3rd fingers getting in way

Post #437940 10th May 2017 10:56pm
holidaychicken

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Mine did that for the first time ever on saturday and it wasn't fun even without a caravan.

i think / hope mine was caused by a front caliper sticking on as when i got home i checked the temp of the front calipers and the drivers was 35 deg and the passenger side was 140 deg !
I rebuilt it with new seals but haven't had chance to test it yet.

The hardest bit about the PCV is the valve bolts I think but i did mine when I did the valley pan so changed it on the bench.

I replaced the gearbox cooler, the gearbox stat at the same time and pipes when we rebuilt the transmission. i think my rad is ok as it flushed through and the drain plug works ok. I lalso have done the 80 degree mod but the aux heater pump isn't working which is also on the list...
i do get an occasional transmission temp sensor sporadic fault logged from time to time so it may even be that playing up.

Post #437941 10th May 2017 11:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123