Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > 2018 PHEV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 12 <123 ... 567 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
CUE99T

Scotland 

In my experience of the outlander PHEV, it was sup[posed to get 28miles but tbh, it would do 22-24 and that was fine, as all I did was Mon-Fri 8 miles each way with a charger at both ends. It was perfect and at the weekend I did about 20-50miles with the odd charge here and there but tbh it was mostly petrol and thats whne it drops through the floor.

I think if you don't have a charger on at least one side of a small daily journey then you're buying it for the wrong reason.

The cars will be about 10k-12k dearer and also if you're not using it inside a company car scheme in either your own company or as a works car then I also think it's pointless.

Im just ordering mine so I can sell in Sept/Oct my car still under warranty and indecent nick, but tbh I imagine it will feel stressed and it's likely to be noisey under a heavy right foot. they all are unless you buy a Tesla and as mentioned the RR is a different car all together so a Tesla isn't for me [I have tried it].

I've gone for a VSE, and just working out whether to get the company to buy it or should I buy it etc and lease it back to the company. Not sure yet what the funding options are. all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #483551 16th Jul 2018 10:10am
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

Gt3gooner wrote:
Squares with my logic, 90 mile daily round trip with twice a day charging for c.40 ‘free’ miles. Coming out of 330d which manages a real world 42mpg so ev miles, big BiK advantage over either straight petrol or diesel and its FFRR, what’s not to like??

So the VSE phev finally arrived yesterday. All good so far. As for economy, early signs are promising. 45 mile commute, mix of 50% m40, 50% rural / urban. No battery charge equates to 28mpg Crying or Very sad , fully charged battery at the off and optimised via Sat Nav equals 50mpg Wink m40 speed enough to be vigilant!!

Post #484260 24th Jul 2018 9:26pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

sounds good. keen to see what mpg continues...... please keep us posted fella. all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #484279 25th Jul 2018 2:41am
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

So just over two weeks into ownership and mightily impressed. 1,300 miles done so far, everything is working as intended including the dreaded left hand steering wheel button pad!! Can still only charge battery in advance for one way of commute as awaiting a type 2 / type 2 lead for the fast charger at work. Done quite a few miles above and beyond the daily commute. Rolling mpg from delivery still going up with each journey and now at 34.5mpg. As before will do 50mpg on one way 45 mile commute with full battery at the start.

Really happy with the fit and finish and colour combo of corris with black roof / sliding pano and vintage tan interior. Ashamed to say not washed it yet!!

Post #485487 8th Aug 2018 8:24pm
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

Final boring economy update. Real world ev range is 23 miles out of central Reading then north (rural) to m40 (runs out of battery 2 miles into the m40 north journey). Combined mpg over the journey of 43 miles is 53mpg (according to the car’s trip recorder) Pretty impressive for a 2.5 tonne brick!!

Post #485659 10th Aug 2018 8:44pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I’m enjoying these little updates, please continue! Bow down

Question: if you’re in ‘Save’ mode, does it completely inhibit the electric motor or does it still provide the full beans under hard acceleration and simply inhibits electric-only driving?

Post #485684 11th Aug 2018 8:51am
adamfawsitt

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Great question, I will have to try that tomorrow (just picked mine up today)!

The new fuel filler release in the cabin is indeed a backwards step from my previous MY18...

Post #485738 11th Aug 2018 7:14pm
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

Only for the PHEV apparently!?!?

Post #485763 11th Aug 2018 9:18pm
adamfawsitt

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I ran in EV only mode today in a mix of B roads and town driving - I got 24.7 miles which is some way of 31...

Post #485824 12th Aug 2018 6:46pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

About 80% of the manufacturer’s claimed ‘up to’ range. Part of me is surprised you’re getting that much!

You could try a trip where you hyper-mile it... no passengers, air con off, no lights or music, judicious use of throttle, plenty of coasting. If you can get 31 miles that would be an achievement. (But then, who wants to live like that?)

Post #485839 12th Aug 2018 7:41pm
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

Okay just one more consumption comment... 450 mile round trip ooop north this weekend and only battery available on the way out as no opportunity to charge after that. So with no battery available and a mix of motorways, duals and A roads consumption drops into the mid 20’s.

The car definitely drives the best when mixing engine and battery, the two running together give the flattest torque curve, bit like those hyper cars I’d love to drive (a 918 Spyder is a long way away from my gt3 & Boxster combo!!!).

EV only is sluggish on pulling away but fine when rolling. The engine is surprisingly quick, however, much better on pick up when the battery is chiming in too.

All in all a very good car, just need to get juice in the battery.

Post #485852 12th Aug 2018 9:11pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

So it sounds very like what I used to get with the Outlander PHEV. Great when you have battery but pretty harsh without it.

I genuiley think if you don't or can't charge the battery then it's probably not cost effective, but then again if it cuts down your company car taxes especially if you won the company and it comes off your corporation tax then not bad.

Overall I'm still in the market for one but as it's seen you really need a charging plan at both sides or throughout your journey to get the best of the car.

quick question GT3gooner - How noisey is the revving when you have it in mixed mode and the engine kicks in when you floor it for hard acceleration?

Also ilard makes a good point, the figures of 31 are really only true if you drove like your granny and didn't use anything in the car to use battery, so I'd say 20-22 is probbaly best the car will do on a cold day.

Great updates so far tho.....again please keep them coming......great no issues with electrics......thats what is putting me off changing....so good to hear. all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #485900 13th Aug 2018 9:56am
Badger

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

The "SAVE button (hidden behind 5 swipes on the screen! Unlike EV only which is a hard button beside your left hand, derrr!) does save the battery on long trips, but does not cut out the electric motor completely. You still get it on gentle and fast starts, but hard to predict.

The extra button under the steering wheel to unlock the filler cap is an unwelcome backwards step. Apparently it is there on the PHEV only, to give the petrol tank time to depressurise. Grrrr!!

Does anyone else get the loud musical "hmmmmm" chime when unlocking the car? WTAF is that all about!!

Got lots of "snagging" issues with the car, although it is a fantastic overall package. Would be good to have a P400e forum sub-group

Post #485906 13th Aug 2018 10:52am
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

Yes I get the hmmm when unlocking. Don’t know why but might be linked with the synthetic noise it apparently makes in ev mode at slow speed to warn pedestrians, although can’t say I’ve heard it some inside.

Yes when you plant the throttle and the engine revs rise you can defo hear it’s 4 cylinders and are aware it’s working. Have to say not really a concern though.

Type 2 lead arrived today so hopefully can charge both ends of the commute from now on. Not an LR lead as too short (need to reverse park) and on back order apparently. When for a 7.5m lead. Expensive but should pay back pretty quick on saved petrol.

Post #485993 13th Aug 2018 7:22pm
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

Well after initially looking so good it’s all gone Pete Tong today. On my morning commute no stop / start or selection of ev mode despite a full battery, even when trying to override by selecting ev push button. Was acting as if stop / start selected off ( stop / start off disables ev as well). Did this one day last week which I thought was user error and it sorted itself by the time I went home later that day. End of day today car unlocked okay and welcome / interior lights came on but all instrument dead and no ignition in either ev or petrol, basically dead.

Fair play to the AA who arrived in 30 mins and amazingly had basic diagnostics on his laptop for the RR phev. Guided him to a very large tradional type battery under the boot floor, basically did a control alt delete by disconnection the battery and count to 10. Electrics came back to life and could start engine. Now in Reading LR awaiting further diagnosis!!

Post #486110 14th Aug 2018 8:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 12 <123 ... 567 ... 101112>