Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Front subframe repainted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nambFFRR

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
Front subframe repainted

Nearly all of the thin coat of paint has decided to leave my front subframe. What paint was left was unbelievably thin and to be honest not fit for purpose. Cleaned it the best I could and used some rust converter, primed it and then painted it satin black.

I then noticed the rear wishbones had loads of bubbling paint so those were clean, and subject to the same if the front subframe.

I’ve then coated it in Lanoguard to see if that is any better than the waxoyl that didn’t seem to protect very much to be honest

I also changed the front pads but the new ones squeal something terrible. I think I need the brake fluid changing and bleeding as the pedal pumps up but then very slowly goes down. Anybody experienced the squealing or the pedal going soft. Is there a link or am I clutching at straws?

Any constructive comments welcomed

Regards
Mark

Post #597357 13th Jun 2021 8:05pm
Strider

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

My brake pads on my other car made squealing sounds, I got a jar of "Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant Anti Squeal Lube" (approx £17 on e-bay) thin film applied to the back of each pad (not on the friction material or disc) and no more noise.

Regarding the brake pedal travel, assuming you dont have any leaks under braking, I would bleed the whole system
and see if it improves efficiency, if not then potentially a problem with a internal seal starting to fail.

Post #597386 13th Jun 2021 10:41pm
nambFFRR

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Yes, first time I’ve used this ceramic stuff instead of copperslip and if the squeal is a result, it’ll be back to copperslip. Put the grease in all the usual places on the back, slider places, pins etc but a horrendous squeal. I’ll give them a few days to bed in before investigating further. New wear sensor genuine in order. Previously fitted pins etc with copperslip and no issues and no seizing in the aluminium Brembo calipers.

I’m going to get the brakes checked with a fluid flush and see if it works. Checked the pressures on my computer gizmo and no apparent leakages so suspect air and a full bleed will sort it out. Fingers crossed.

Post #597396 13th Jun 2021 11:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1