Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Feature comparison SE vs AB
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Pixelpower

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black
Feature comparison SE vs AB

About to order an MY18. Was thinking AB, but the I can't live with the executive seating as I need the boot space, so would need to delete that option. Speccing an SE comes in at 100k, while the AB is 107k. I can't seem to find what I'm getting for the extra 7k, having specced the SE with AB features I want (wheels, pre-heater, paint, lights). The only thing I can't spec which I want is leather headlining, but the extra is hard to justify just for that option.

There used to be a bullet point list in the brochure, but that's gone now from what I can see. Is there anything on the AB worth having? If executive seating was a small premium on the AB I would probably have gone AB, but deleting it might be a mistake for resale.

Post #454358 18th Oct 2017 5:50am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

From what I’ve read here, quite a few will be deleting it, so the upgraded rear seats may even still be the resale liability that the old ones were when they were added to the MY17.

I went for the AB on the MY17 for one reason only and it’s still valid; having got used to the leather dash and door tops on the D4, I didn’t want to spend this much and have to do without it. But in the AB, the extended leather goes so much further, even across the front of the dash, much deeper on the doors and even (it would appear) on the sides of the centre console. This was not even an option on the SE Sad

Post #454360 18th Oct 2017 6:00am
modbarra

Scotland 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8 Loire Blue

Exec seats are nco on AB,

Post #454366 18th Oct 2017 6:53am
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I agree with Red Merle, most people will probably spec the AB without the exec seating as it makes it much more versatile.

In future, as now, when looking for a used FFRR people will just look around for the spec they want and I don't think having the "normal" seats will make it less desirable. Could even be the opposite!

When it comes to resale, the used value for a £107k AB will be far more than a £100k VSE as used values tend to ignore the price of any options, so all that extra cash you spend on the VSE option list will largely be lost when you sell.

Personally, if I had that sort of cash and its only £7k difference, I'd be going with an AB and standard rear seats.

Good luck Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #454373 18th Oct 2017 8:15am
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

PP Don’t forget to spec the extra soft winged front head rests if you go for the VSE. They are standard on the AB and most people comment on them being so nice. Otherwise having looked at the FY18 builder and brochure, I agree with your assessment. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #454408 18th Oct 2017 12:22pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Rob99

If you take a look at approved used RR’s there isn’t much price differentiation between the VSE and AB for similar age, spec etc. Certainly not the same differential as the relative new prices. I think the lesson is that AB’s depreciate at a faster rate compared to VSE’s because most people are happy with a VSE spec when buying used and aren’t prepared to pay much more for an AB. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #454409 18th Oct 2017 12:27pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

I went the other way and ticked the options on a VSE to the tune of an extra £10k, but then there was a hefty discount off that.

I got the spec I wanted plus there are options that I wanted anyway which were also in addition to an AB spec.

You really need to do what I did, spec both a VSE with the options you want and do the same with an AB and the options you want - then make an informed decision - edited just re read your post and seen you have already done this Thumbs Up 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #454412 18th Oct 2017 1:05pm
Pixelpower

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black

Phil. wrote:
PP Don’t forget to spec the extra soft winged front head rests if you go for the VSE. They are standard on the AB and most people comment on them being so nice.

I don't think the MY18 has them anymore.

Post #454501 19th Oct 2017 6:02am
Red Merle

I don’t understand that at all Shocked They’re one of the best bits!

Post #454502 19th Oct 2017 6:14am
Fat Wolfie

I suppose that one way of trying to fathom out the relative future values of a £100k SE vsAB with exec seats vs AB without exec seats is to configure all the on line, and then press the finance quote button.

This will give you the monthly payments on all, which is based on the financing of the list value and LRs projected future value. The bigger the gap = more to finance which will show you which will give you the best/easiest resell in 3 years. A good indicator maybe although not a precise science.

Post #454521 19th Oct 2017 8:44am
Rob99

^ That does sound like a reasonable plan. Would be interesting to see what result you get for values in 3 years.

Of course, in 2020 there's supposedly a full electric Range Rover coming out.......or did i just imagine that Whistle 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #454551 19th Oct 2017 11:40am
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Red Merle wrote:
I went for the AB on the MY17 for one reason only and it’s still valid; having got used to the leather dash and door tops on the D4, I didn’t want to spend this much and have to do without it. But in the AB, the extended leather goes so much further, even across the front of the dash, much deeper on the doors and even (it would appear) on the sides of the centre console. This was not even an option on the SE Sad

Is this still the case for the new L405? I know that the L322 AB did have more leather-covered surfaces than the Vogue, but as far as I've seen in the new brochure for the 2018 L405, there are no indication that the AB has more leather covered surfaces than the Vogue SE (other than the NCO leather headlining in the AB)?
If the AB has more leather covered surfaces, then I definitely agree that this is a key differentiator and worth the upgrade!

Post #454618 19th Oct 2017 8:03pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

My doors are leather, as is the top and most of the dash - headlining isn't 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #454621 19th Oct 2017 8:30pm
Red Merle

A bit of a mystery there; I’ve not seen a VSE with a leather dash before and I looked at quite a few, while none in the brochure photos had it either Confused

Post #454622 19th Oct 2017 8:54pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Vogue wrote:
My doors are leather, as is the top and most of the dash - headlining isn't

Dash is Leather on VSE I think. Rest is PVC, imitation leather.

Post #454702 20th Oct 2017 7:39pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>