Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > MY17 - My18 infotainment upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Just had a call from a technician who listened to my issues and came up with a few things I haven’t tried. He told me the voice pack for the car comes from the sat nav system and could possibly be fixed by installing a new map so I’m in the process of downloading one. He also said I should delete the phone pairing from both car and phone and double lock the car. I should touch the car for at least 30 mins to allow it to go to sleep. I should also reset my IPhone. When all of this is done I’m to give it another go. If not then they’ll take it back in. I have to say they were as helpful as could be and sounded genuinely interested/concerned. I don’t think it’ll work but I have to try it first. Fingers crossed. Apart from this small hiccup it’s just such an amazing car.
Thumbs Up

Post #502550 23rd Jan 2019 5:44pm
Huwrhys

I tried everything the Tech asked me to try but no improvement. Left a message for the service advisor yesterday but no response. Sent an email but no response. Sent another email to point out that I now have issues with Spotify not loading.
I'll give them until Monday to get back in touch and then I'll go there and have words.
Shame, they had a chance to break the pattern but it seems they just don't give a Censored

Post #502768 25th Jan 2019 5:29pm
forever

United Kingdom 

Mine was in today, they are saying they have tried three times to upgrade from 18C to 18d to solve the apply car play remote start issue, but each time its failed, they are now trying over night before escalating to LR.. You would think they would have solved a simple upgrade issue...

Post #502780 25th Jan 2019 7:26pm
Fifth Horseman

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Huwrhys wrote:
Edit: Just found that the voice control system has also stopped working.

If the software has been updated from a version earlier than 17C (highly likely in this case) then the following notes from Topix apply:

Quote:
If the vehicle software level is at a lower level than 17C the vehicle's speech database will need to be updated for the speech system to continue working. This is done after the main software update has completed by running the separate 'Update Speech Database' application from ECU functions and following the on-screen instructions.

If the vehicle software level is at a lower level than 17C then this software update enables a new InControl Touch Pro feature - Voice control of the navigation system. In order to utilize this feature, the vehicle owner will need to update their navigation maps to the latest version.

Looks like the 'tech' only did half a job and didn't read the instructions properly.

Post #502961 27th Jan 2019 3:12pm
Huwrhys

I'm pretty sure the tech said he'd installed the voice database and it was his suggestion that I update the map to see if it made a difference. He said that the update had to be carried out to ensure the voice database worked.
I've copied the TOPIX info and printed it off to leave in the car when it goes back in just in case they did it prior to the rest of the update. We'll see. They're yet to come back to me since I told them the suggestions didn't have any effect.

Post #502977 27th Jan 2019 8:00pm
Huwrhys

Seems I've been emailing a guy who's off sick!!!
Called again and asked to speak to someone who can sort my issues and was put straight through to Dan in service. He asked what the issue was and asked if I'd carried out the suggestions as previously given to which I said I had. He said then it needs to come in, when suits you sir? Do I need a car? Err blimey, asap please and yes. So they would have had it this week but I'm dragging my tintent through the snow to see my daughter so arranged for Thursday 7th. Fingers crossed they know what to do.

Post #503197 29th Jan 2019 2:20pm
Lutonboy

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Huwrhys I have the same issue with my upgrade in that I cannot connect my iPhone via Bluetooth (works fine plugged in via CarPlay). Well to be exact it appears to be able to play music via Bluetooth but the phone functionality will not connect. Voice commands I've not really played with but the Voice Command button works to activate Siri when CarPlay is running as expected.

Post #503276 29th Jan 2019 11:02pm
Huwrhys

What’s needed with LR Dealerships is patience. They will eventually get it sorted but it just takes time. I can’t fix it so I just have to wait for them to get it sorted.

Post #503280 29th Jan 2019 11:31pm
forever

United Kingdom 

So my car is still in the dealer!! It will not load 18D but apparently LR have been dialled in and there are two later versions they are also trying to apply Local dealer called me today and said they just have to keep trying to apply the software, eventually it will work!!! At least they have provided a loan car...

Post #503603 1st Feb 2019 7:19pm
Huwrhys

Mine goes back in on Thursday for them to get the software sorted. I'm hoping they don't take too long as I'm off to Devon the following week to do my LR experience at Honiton. I've managed to get the Carplay working and it seemed to be the phone which had an issue. I cleaned the lightening cable socket by switching the phone off and using some alcohol and a cocktail stick. Now it's working well. The Bluetooth remains unusable as does voice control but Siri works for the messaging side of things. We'll see how it goes.

Post #503859 3rd Feb 2019 9:48pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Even the very latest ICTP software is buggy as hell. Collected my car yesterday and on the way home noticed the ambient lighting in the car wasn't on. Tried to switch on via the touch screen and not all the zones would switch on! Then Bluetooth wouldn't pair the phone!

Post #504015 5th Feb 2019 2:28pm
Huwrhys

My car is back in the dealers to have the bluetooth connectivity restored and the voice activation also. A further problem with the Apple Carplay is that if I use Waze and then go back to Spotify the program won't load. If I'm listening to music and take a call the music won't restart whatever I do.
Hope they can sort it today.. ...

Post #504308 7th Feb 2019 4:04pm
forever

United Kingdom 

Mine is back they could not update to 18D even though they had it for 5 days.. Apparently LR have phase 5 out soon which should fix the cars that will also not take the 18D update, so i am having to wait for that...

Post #504316 7th Feb 2019 4:38pm
Huwrhys

Mines done and it all works! I was treated like Royalty and they couldn't have been nicer. Cups of coffee and smiling faces. I was asked if I wouldn't mind showing the tech guy what was wrong so as to ensure he understood what the issues were and I met with Matt who'd been the guy I spoke to on the phone when we tried to sort it from my end. Very knowledgeable guy he is too. I couldn't fault their care at all. They said they found 7 configuration faults which should have been checked when it was installed last week. They reinstalled the voice pack and it sorted everything including the bluetooth issue.
Chuffed. Very Happy

Post #504353 7th Feb 2019 7:02pm
Fifth Horseman

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Mine had the 18D update and was supposed to have the Smartphone Integration Package activated. When it was returned there was no sign of Apple Car Play and to add insult to injury now none of the audible prompts work.
I'm guessing the some configuration errors must have crept in as I now have a (non-functioning) Timed Climate button where there was none before.
Back to dealer next week (again)

Post #504387 7th Feb 2019 10:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>