Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > European travel requirements post Brexit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
European travel requirements post Brexit

Looking forward to a three week jaunt down to the Lot region of France for Easter. I'll be staying in a nice site at Seniergues where the weather seems to have warmed already to the low to mid twenties. Having an issue getting an International Driving Permit from the Post Office at present, what a crock of Censored this Brexit has stirred up. I've had to get a Green Card for the insurance too. Due to go on 13/4!
Rolling Eyes

Post #510537 1st Apr 2019 5:56pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I got the 1949 version of the IDP for my trip to Iceland over the weekend but fortunately we didn’t fall out of Europe on Friday Whistle

Quite why there are different versions for different countries defies logic Censored Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #510545 1st Apr 2019 6:39pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

My car, wife and dogs are in Bordeaux - we are planning to come back around 20th - who knows what we will need or whether the dog passports will be accepted Rolling Eyes

Post #510550 1st Apr 2019 7:44pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Here’s the man to ask. He got us into this mess, so I’m sure he must have thought of all of this Rolling Eyes Laughing Big Cry

Click image to enlarge

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/special-shows/phone-farage/

Last edited by Red Merle on 1st Apr 2019 8:23pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #510555 1st Apr 2019 8:18pm
ur20v

A Trap 

I live in Spain, this Brexsh*te is causing all sorts of issues you wouldn’t believe or think of.

Good luck with the planning and journey, but my advice is to stay in UK until the carnage is over and the dust settles so insurance, visas, recovery, boarder processes, banking, drivers licenses/permits, medical, EHIC cards etc get sorted.

My wife works in the UK and we live with our pensioner parents, the Spanish have gone into lockdown so you can’t apply or do anything here if you are from the UK, both the Spanish and UZk consulates are clueless and just say wait until Brexsh*te happens (or not) then they will work out how to advise or help.

I am being serious, if you have an accident, breakdown or need medical assistance you could well be in trouble and out of pocket... I am sure France and othe EU countries are in the same boat, eg they cannot work out how to handle someone from the UK... EU citizen, 3 Country citizen, or what, hence the lock down.

If you go online you will see you can’t make appointments or get help, with messages like... Appointments will be made available after Brexit!

Any delay in Brexit just makes things worse, we can’t get reciprocal health care or medication and have to fly back to the UK to get it!! Flights, hotels, time... it gets expensive quick.

Then if the UK then does exit how will you get over the boarders... none of the country’s in Europe or even the UK can tell my wife she wouldn’t get trapped on one side of the boarders... this comes from both governments,!

James

Post #510556 1st Apr 2019 8:21pm
Huwrhys

I have to say I have no fears at all. I am not concerned that stupidity or malice of some kind will prevail and feel all existing courtesies will be extended to anyone in trouble. I have european cover from both LR and the caravan club and can't see anyone behaving irrationally to make a point. If they do I have a very comfy van to stay in whilst I choose the next bottle of wine. I've seen the reports from our press before getting everything over examined and making two and two, five. The fuel crisis in France a few years ago just wasn't going on as reported here. The only petrol stations with queues were in Folkestone because of what they'd been reading or heard on the news. Typical British sensationalist rubbish press getting a few papers sold. I prefer to rely on my own wits and that of other very friendly French people to sort out the chaff from the truth and look forward to my holiday with a real eagerness.
Thumbs Up

Post #511715 11th Apr 2019 5:46pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

On my way back this weekend from Dordogne so I have a green card - had a bit of a discussion about which classes of vehicles they should stamp as the classes on the Driving Permit don't match those on the licence another cock up - anyway seems it will all be fine for another little while enjoy your trip weather is pretty good Thumbs Up

Post #511756 12th Apr 2019 4:17am
Huwrhys

I hear you on that. I’d had a bit of a runaround to find an IDP and when I got home I realised they hadn’t stamped the BE qualification. I drove back to the PO to get it stamped and they argued it was my fault??? All sorted now so looking forward to spending some quality time with my beautiful Mrs in a beautiful place. Nice to hear the weathers looking good. Thumbs Up

Post #511760 12th Apr 2019 7:07am
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

Please keep us updated on any problems or non-problems as many people on here are travelling that way? by the way don`t forget your corkscrew Laughing

Post #511761 12th Apr 2019 7:23am
Huwrhys

My corkscrew is already sharpened in anticipation of a wonderful full bodied red whilst sitting out on a warm late afternoon watching the day come to an end. That’s followed by the evening where a nice glass or two with dinner is the norm. I don’t know when I’ll find the time for a beer!

Post #511762 12th Apr 2019 7:38am
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

Maybe lunch Rolling with laughter life`s hard but as they say someone has to do it Thumbs Up

Post #511764 12th Apr 2019 7:51am
Huwrhys

All depends if I’ve managed to get up in time. Don’t forget that I would have had wine the night before!
🥴

Post #511765 12th Apr 2019 8:01am
IanV8

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Hope you got a green card for the caravan as well as the car.

Enjoy your trip.

Ian

Post #511769 12th Apr 2019 8:25am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

We are still members we have not left surely nothing has officially changed YET?

https://www.gov.uk/driving-abroad

Post #511771 12th Apr 2019 8:45am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i booked my eurotunnel trip last week and they state that even with a 'no deal' the booking in process and travel will not be affected...

Post #511773 12th Apr 2019 9:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>