Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > justDrive - any experience?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ABAB

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
justDrive - any experience?

Stumbled across an app that seems to be well hidden called "justDrive". It apparently launched a few years ago but was only enabled for the UK market in late 2016.

It seems to sit within the Incontrol app suite. It seems to run just fine on my 2016MY (ie small screen).

I'm interested if anyone else has found this and got any experience of using?

Land Rover seem to have done a fantastic job of hiding it away. It's available for download on the (Apple) App store - not sure if Android version is also available.

I'm also interested as it supports Deezer, which is my preferred music service - this was otherwise not catered for by Incontrol.

Really puzzled as to why this has got such a low profile - it's taken quite a bit of Googling to find out the little I have done. 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #442926 28th Jun 2017 9:31am
ABAB

I've now had a few attempts with this new (at least to the UK) app and here are some initial thoughts.

The whole concept seems to be around voice control of navigation and music whilst on the move. Both of those things are I suppose already catered for through voice in the existing inbuilt system for the car.

The integration with the music streaming service (I happen to use Deezer) seems to be pretty good. For example you can think of a song, album or artist and get it to play. The instructions in the help facility say that you can also play by genre of music e.g. "play some jazz" and it will do just that.

The navigation system seems fairly good from what I've seen so far. The advantage in using it over and above the inbuilt satnav is that it will search for named places (e.g. "find Starbucks") or categories (e.g. "find the nearest DIY store"). The navigation voice guidance can be switched off but it does seem to integrate seamlessly and pause any music playing through the app. However that does seem to be a problem if you are listening to the in car audio (e.g. DAB or CD) which seem to be paused when the just drive navigation system is working.

Only one quick attempt so far but I have successfully tried the "send my location to X person" which it did as a text message. Please note I have a 2016 model year (and hence the older style infotainment system) so never thought that this feature would be possible.

Finally, I'd say that the recognition technology needs some improvement and isn't as accurate as that built into the car and accessible through the steering wheel button. 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #443096 30th Jun 2017 7:28am
Paul J.

England 

Needed to sign in with a Google or Faceache account. Therefore, deleted .... ! Evil or Very Mad

Post #443110 30th Jun 2017 9:03am
ABAB

Not sure if anyone else tried this app but I’m intrigued to see that it has completely disappeared!

Tried looking for it in the App Store (Apple) but get: “The item you requested is not currently available in the UK store”.

Really just interested that this disappreared more than anything else 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #475732 13th Apr 2018 5:03pm
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

ABAB wrote:
I've now had a few attempts with this neFor example you can think of a song, album or artist and get it to play

Jeez this technology is getting scary now, can it read your mind as well! Sad

Post #475743 13th Apr 2018 5:26pm
chopdogs

United Kingdom 

Just googled it - it can be downloaded from a web browser

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/justdrive-...38188?mt=8

Post #476745 25th Apr 2018 8:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1