Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Big week for MY18 - post your first impressions and pictures
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 12 of 14 <123 ... 11 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Stillrunning

Not sure you were asking about my car, but if you were, at the moment it is being coated and I get it back on Friday.

I've only done 150 miles so far and it is great........apart from.........Incontrol Apps!! they don't work with a Google Pixel 2 phone and according to my dealer they still don't have a fix for the problem. I'm not that fussed about apps to be honest so if and when there is a fix then so be it. When I collected the car the dealers were waiting for the free 3 Simcard, I have now got it and that'll be activated when I get the car back.

Questions:
1. How do I get Spotify to work with Bluetooth
2. What does the Simcard do? Would it for example, make any difference to me getting the Incontrol Apps working?

Apart from that the car is great and a definite step up from my l2015 Disco 4 and 06 plate FFRR before that!! Very Happy

Post #476159 18th Apr 2018 5:43pm
ABAB

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I’ve tried many of the Incontrol apps and think they are a waste of time. If they were to integrate Waze, then I’d seriously think about using it.

Not sure about Spotify but I use Amazon music which is not integrated with Incontrol. It works really well just playing via Bluetooth & “My Music”.

I’ve never bothered with a SIM card - always thought this seemed a waste of money. Presume it might suit you if you run a FF as a chauffeur and want to offer Wi-fi to your fare-paying punters. Otherwise I can’t think what this possibly adds. 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #476183 19th Apr 2018 7:55am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Chalky, if you have not yet done so you could look at the LR website which has various sections dealing with In Control and related apps, including I think instructional video. I decided that I couldn't be bothered paying for a data SIM as I didn't think I'd get value out of the additional services. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #476210 19th Apr 2018 10:40am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Thanks ABAB and CS.

I'm not too fussed about the apps to be honest although I think it should work, especially as LR says on their website that the Pixel phone is fully compatible. They've replied to my email at last saying it's NOT compatible, so I think there may be an ongoing "discussion" there!!! Whistle

As far as the SIMcard goes, the dealer gave it to me FOC (a 3GB "3" card) which lasts for 3 months and I'll decide after that whether it's worth it I think.

Thanks again.

Post #476212 19th Apr 2018 11:09am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Chop your new pixel dixel in for an iPhone, they should give u a good price for it... I think new so u may be able to swop it under some sort of guarantee.

Totally agree with abab about intergrating Waze... why are RR investing in all this technology when many others do it...all RR need to is supply a screen - they could piggy back and rebrand this and other apps.

I ran waze alongside the car map recently on a long journey... Whilst the RR map was fine, waze was more uptodate with current obstructions. No offence to JLR, but why bother?

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #476215 19th Apr 2018 11:59am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

The Pixel 2 is a brilliant phone so many great features, super battery and very fast. No way am I changing it.

I'd rather do without the apps, everything else is fine. The phone is such a big seller now that they are bound to bring out an update sooner or later, or are they??? We are talking JLR after all Whistle

Post #476255 19th Apr 2018 5:23pm
Lonfred

Spain 2017 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Carpathian Grey

With the simcard something that JLR call Online Media will be available. There is then two providers to chose from either Deezer or TuneIn. I use Deezer on daily bases. Works good. And no need to connect the phone to the car. The 4G modem connect really quick compared with the slow and buggy 3g modem in MY17
So this is a good upgrade.

Post #476276 19th Apr 2018 8:58pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Here's a picture of my BRG VSE, It's a darker green than Aintree, but not so obvious in the pic,will post more soon ....

Post #476365 20th Apr 2018 7:49pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

A superb colour choice! Thumbs Up

Post #476366 20th Apr 2018 8:22pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Thank you. It's stunning in reality and really pops in the sun...Pity I had to shell out £3750 to get it!! FFRR should be green as standard!!

Post #476367 20th Apr 2018 8:40pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

My thoughts exactly! Thumbs Up

Post #476368 20th Apr 2018 8:41pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Very Happy

Post #476371 20th Apr 2018 9:07pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Definitely agree on the colour choice - looks fantastic - I would like the silver hockey sticks though to break up the side of the vehicle - but that’s personal preferences Very Happy 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #476375 20th Apr 2018 9:11pm
ABAB

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I’ve been waiting to see a real world picture of these alloys - think they look fantastic.

21’s so still decent ride comfort? 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #476395 21st Apr 2018 8:17am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Vogue wrote:
Definitely agree on the colour choice - looks fantastic - I would like the silver hockey sticks though to break up the side of the vehicle - but that’s personal preferences Very Happy

Yes I quite like the hockey sticks as well but I didn't think you could have them on their own without the silver grills as well on the latest car?

Post #476411 21st Apr 2018 1:33pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 12 of 14 <123 ... 11 121314>