Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Must have extras?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Exec Seats & Signature 1700 Meridian Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #474647 3rd Apr 2018 9:29am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

lol, DrF the two options i would avoid.

Post #474684 3rd Apr 2018 1:52pm
Pixelpower

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black

Gone from a Vogue to an 2018 AB and most of the AB bits I could live without. The FBH is a must have for me. The base stereo isn't great, so get the 825w. Mood lighting lifts the cabin a lot at night. That's all I'd want.

Removed Executive Seating from my spec' because of reduced boot space. I don't think it needs side steps - my other half is 5"2 and has no problems with it.

Post #474687 3rd Apr 2018 2:02pm
Ajay(UK)

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

I think this thread just proves everyone has their own personal taste in the same way if you asked “what’s the best colour combination?”

Personally I wanted an Autobiography and not the perceived sweet spot that is the VSE, black pack with the right exterior colour plus an opening pan roof, deployable sidesteps, elec. towbar and factory RSE for my children who love it! So basically all the options that some think are not worth it Laughing

The most surprising option that I thought would be a complete waste of time is the massage seats, I love them Shocked

Andy. 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
SWMBO: 22MY Defender 110 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana Stone.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Gone: 2006MY Java Black TD6 Autobiography
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red with Ivory Seats
Gone: 2010MY Stornoway Grey TDV8 Vogue SE with RSE
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2003 Epsom Green 4.4i Vogue, LPG, Mk4 Nav, BMW Bluetooth Phone, Hybrid Tv Tuner,

Post #474731 3rd Apr 2018 8:04pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

If you buy used then condition and history are way more important than spec. To be assured of spec just restrict your used search to AB. Go for Vogue SE if your colour-way preference is exotic and you may die waiting for an AB, or, if it "has enough" and comes at a discount. Only go for Vogue if it's crazy cheap compared to the others - it is by definition a compromise, inferior if you will, like leather quality and devoid of some unnecessary (yet pleasing) comforts. Soft close would be one call out.

Post #474740 3rd Apr 2018 8:59pm
yunfei306

United Kingdom 

Please give more info on how good the rear seat entrainment is. For example, is it possible to download app into the system, such as YouTube for children to watch movies.

Post #474748 3rd Apr 2018 10:00pm
Pixelpower

Quote:
like leather quality and devoid of some unnecessary (yet pleasing) comforts. Soft close would be one call out

I must be missing something with soft close doors. Most of the time they don't 'soft close' and I'm not even slamming the doors. The leather in my AB compared to the Vogue is better, but I wouldn't say by much. Aston do much softer leather, it's a world apart.

Best thing about the AB is the leather headlining. If I went diesel again I wouldn't be put off getting a Vogue and adding a few options.

Post #474757 4th Apr 2018 4:47am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

ilard wrote:
... Vogue... it is by definition a compromise, inferior if you will, like leather quality and devoid of some unnecessary (yet pleasing) comforts...

This quote is badge snobbery at its height. 2 Vogues in succession, none of them poorly spec’d, far from it. Opinions vary and doubtless, many will side with ilard.

Buying any used car is arguably a compromise, so you should buy what you can afford, what you like and the best condition you can find. If that means buying a nicer car than one that has soft close doors and/ or front fog lights that rarely get used and/or seats that blow cool air for the very very small part of the year when it gets hot and sticky in the UK, well...

Donning tin hat now Mr. Green

Post #474809 4th Apr 2018 5:28pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Pixelpower wrote:
I must be missing something with soft close doors. Most of the time they don't 'soft close' and I'm not even slamming the doors.

Yes - you have an issue - it's not about slamming them - my doors will pull closed when they are even close. I've had a few amusing moments with passengers half heartedly opening the doors and fighting with them as they close again.

Post #474819 4th Apr 2018 5:43pm
Pixelpower

I agree, the Vogue is a good value car. I was disappointed with so little difference in quality between my Vogue and AB, I'd have to think twice next time. There's no way, engine aside, it's 20k better let alone 34k, which is the difference I paid between the two. Unfortunately the SC is only available in AB! The engine on the other hand....

Post #474820 4th Apr 2018 5:45pm
Pixelpower

Quote:
- you have an issue - it's not about slamming them - my doors will pull closed when they are even close. I've had a few amusing moments with passengers half heartedly opening the doors and fighting with them as they close again

Problem is most people close them like normal doors, and they close like normal doors. No slamming just a gentle push. Maybe the normal mechanism is better on MY18, but mine rarely soft close. Never had a problem closing the doors on any car I've had, so I guess it's not aimed at me Laughing

Post #474822 4th Apr 2018 5:54pm
Lonfred

Spain 2017 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Carpathian Grey

In Spain Soft closing doors is standard on the Vogue spec. So thats good for me Smile The different with mine Vogue and an AB was approximately 8000€ and since I prefer fixed Panoramic roof and the standard Sofa in the back and the built in RSE 8 screens in the headrest the AB was not an option for me. Finally it was the RSE system that did that I took the Vogue since it was not possible to get the build in RSE 8 screens in the AB just the in mine opinion ugly 10 screens...

Post #474828 4th Apr 2018 7:13pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Most people are missing the main benefit of soft close doors - they are far easier / lighter to open and close throughout their whole operation - it is more than just the close action, their whole operation is much lighter / assisted.

Once you have lived with them, driving a vehicle without them the difference becomes extremely apparent. 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #474830 4th Apr 2018 7:31pm
Madmax676

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Strangely I spent a long time looking for one with no pan roof or sunroof at all as like a tin top - like the interior to be dark with no light above and like a hermit with a/c on in the summer.

Deployable steps a must otherwise the young kids can’t get in

Higher power meridian stereo and the massaging, heat and cooled seats were a bonus.

Post #474831 4th Apr 2018 7:34pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

For me, I wanted a VSE as a minimum as I liked but never had:

Soft close doors (just amazing!)
Full opening Pan roof(great on summers day but I like convertibles too)
Better stereo options(kids need the banging tunes as much as me)

Now I won't be without:
825W stereo(Man not hot)
Automatic high beam(as I'm lazy)

What I'd really like now is:
Towbar(boat woes)
RSE(Kids woes)
More power!(Dad woes)

What else do I like about my car:
My door bins......I like the door storage which now seems to have been taken away!!

What I think is missing from LR cars:
1. Bigger glove box to keep my folder also and stuff as I've gone and lost it!!
2. Tables that pop up like on a plane!! I watch TV and have a coffee with my missus in the car quite often and I don't know why a small table cant be pulled from the centre console or dash to give a place to put my McDonalds muffin!! Laughing [serious tho] all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #474876 5th Apr 2018 9:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>