Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Realistic ?????????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JOKER

Scotland 
Realistic ?????????

Out and about today looking at TDV8's and in one dealership the salesman asked me for a realistic price for my FFRR against a 40k TDV8.

Granted i have a 05 registered 06 mdl 4.2 Vogue SE Supercharged with all the toys, plus a few extras,with 30k on the clock FSH by LR.

So i thought well say 24k , WRONG came the reply , salesman said " Try nearer the 19k mark". Shocked

Due to the credit crunch ( every c Censored ts byword these days ) FFRR petrols are quite hard to move on in the car trade.

Think some of these sales guys talk through a hole in their arse at times. Whistle

Post #3197 1st Mar 2009 6:38pm
dantheman

United Kingdom 

Bunch of w Censored s... Don't think they're that hard to shift at the moment. It has been noted recently that they represent quite a bargain.

They'd give you that, but they have to make (silly) money and throw a fair few grand on top. I looked at buying from my local stealer before xmas, told them what I was prepared to pay (wasn't sure between FFRR and RRS). He tried to get me to practically spend double and buy a RRS - practically told me the FFRR was out of my league... Even pulled in the business manager to pile on the pressure when I wouldn't budge. Couldn't wait to get out of the door! Didn't listen at all to my needs, just tried to push for the hard sell - very rude.

However, come the end of Jan I found my FFRR for a very reasonable price - more than happy...

Mr. Green

Post #3198 1st Mar 2009 7:01pm
StevieH

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Mick, salesman talking Censored , my mates runs a Porsche dealership and there is a shortage of good second hand FFRR's he's just started a sideline passing them on. The prices are creeping up. My mate just bought a private '55 4.2 S/C for 23k.

Post #3216 1st Mar 2009 11:01pm
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Buying and selling too totally different practices
It really don’t matter what they give you or what it costs work out how much you can afford (cost of change) and bargain with this.
A main stealer will always normally bid low as they need a sum of money to bring the car up to retail add the Warranty deprecation costs whilst is on the forecourt it just goes on and on
I don’t agree with the low bid just understand

Post #3224 2nd Mar 2009 8:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1