Make for a intresting read Smile

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...re+back%2E 

http://gallery.me.com/paul_harland/100010

Range Rover Vogue TD6 2002 "52"
Bonatti Grey

Post #49479 9th Feb 2011 3:23pm
Royle

Scotland 

They can stick stickers on my car, call me a pr**k, egg my house, say i'm killing kids and puppys, vandalise my car etc, but until I stop driving I'll always be in a 4x4s. Some funny comments people have wrote.

I Like your signature as well Paul Thumbs Up

Post #49483 9th Feb 2011 3:39pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

TBH I don't see any reason for anybody living in the sunny inner city "villages" that think they are rural idyles needing a Defender, but there you go it's a free country and we can (at the moment) drive what we like. Blimey it's just as well I live out in the sticks seeing as I own 2 4x4's and am single............... even then I find it difficult to justify owning them because for 95% of the year I could manage just as well in a Honda CRZ (no not a CRV, they are the spawn of the devil!) or an Audi TT Tdi (except neither of them can tow my small trailer or get a roofrack on the top!) but I don't want to be seen ever driving a Prius. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49486 9th Feb 2011 5:34pm
yawlboy

Ireland 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

I had this on the rear of my fully kitted out (snorkel, MTR's, Winch, A-Bar etc) D3

Click image to enlarge
Whistle Whistle Whistle

I was very surprised I never had a negative comment about it

Post #49487 9th Feb 2011 6:11pm
Royle

Scotland 

Adding on to that I too could manage with maybe a BMW 5 series but we own horses so have to tow a horse box and also need a big boot for... things. I don't live in the country really (about a mile from Perth) but the main road to there in the winter doesn't get cleared very well and I have to drive every day, so a 4x4 is really my best choice (wife in the same boat) plus It's my choice. My money and I'll spend it how I like. What I'd like them to do is put them on the Queen's FFRR, execution may become legal again.

Last edited by Royle on 10th Feb 2011 12:34am. Edited 3 times in total

Post #49490 9th Feb 2011 6:49pm
AMD

United Kingdom 

If I parked my RR SC and my Aston V8 side by side, which one do you think they would put a sticker on??

Either the RR or both, but I would guess the RR and leave the Aston alone, although it produces more CO2. Anyway, I would love that number plate, I'm going to look on the DVLC website right now.... Current MY2020
Gone: 1 x L405 and 2 x L322's

Post #49492 9th Feb 2011 6:51pm
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

Tried to post some facts on there site about car sizes and emissions no shock the post was declined by the website admin ! Far to many gone...

Post #49506 9th Feb 2011 8:40pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

If I ever saw anyone trying to stick something like that on my car, CO2 would not be the only thing that kills. Maggots. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #49526 9th Feb 2011 10:59pm
letsavit2

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Who gives a f**k if you live in the sticks or not, i live on the edge of London, underground zone 6, so if i drive one way its OK and if i drive the other its wrong. I dont need an excuse to drive a range rover, i drive one because i want to and dont give a f**K what anyone else thinks. 2004 black Vogue TD6

Post #49527 9th Feb 2011 11:09pm
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

Post removed by site administration Far to many gone...

Post #49535 9th Feb 2011 11:56pm
InVogue

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Who gives a f**k if you live in the sticks or not, i live on the edge of London, underground zone 6, so if i drive one way its OK and if i drive the other its wrong. I dont need an excuse to drive a range rover, i drive one because i want to and dont give a f**K what anyone else thinks.

My sentiments exactly. I know plenty of couples with four seater cars. Also families of four with seven seater MPVs. I know people who have sports cars which have never seen a track. Why don't I question their motives for their purchases? Because they are free to buy what they want!

I drive a RR because I want to and can afford it (just!) I don't feel the need to provide any further justification.

Oh, and in my experience most people I have met are very complimentary about my choice of vehicle....

Post #49542 10th Feb 2011 12:23am
M44K TS

England 

Makes me want that "Greenpeace approved" sticker even more now. I'm pretty sure there's the square root of Censored all difference these so called 'climate change' activists can do about the whole situation anyway.

People shouldn't have to justify why they own and drive a certain type of car, regardless of where they live, it's their decision. Scapegoat springs to mind. I bet 130g/km RR Evoque's will still get targeted, just because they're a Land Rover.

I honestly don't know what I would do if I saw anyone so much as touch my car never mind sticking stickers on it without my consent. I think I would have a difficult court case on my hands. 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini
But really finding it hard to fight the urge for a S/C...

Post #49543 10th Feb 2011 12:24am
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Green eye.... I don't know about the peace bit.

They can kiss my arse. I've kept cars on the road way past when they would otherwise have been in the crusher. My present 110 is 21 years young this year.. how many freakin euroboxes will last that long. Last series I had was 42 years old when I let it go. And its acceptable to scrap cars at 10 years old? Get a grip greenies! 2010 Disco XS TDV6, 2009 Freelander 2 GS

Previous Landrover products -1990 110 TDI CSW, 2003 TD6 Vogue - RRC TD Vogue, RRC v8 Fleetline, Disco ES V8 LPG, 101 Ambulance "Morph", 1964 SIIa Auto Powered by Jag 4.2 Lump - "Percy".

Post #49555 10th Feb 2011 1:26am
bozmandb9

Well personally they've pushed me over the edge, now I'm determined to trade up from my 4.4 LPG to a supercharged.

My mission for this week will be to fill up the car with petrol, ignore the lpg, and use the petrol as quickly as possible on pointless journeys just for the hell of it!

As Clarkson said, the Range Rover gives you a nice warm feeling inside that you're really upsetting the beardy eco-mentalists! Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #49577 10th Feb 2011 11:38am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

It is now a proven fact that 99% of hybrids and socalled "eco" cars are actually more harmful to the ecology when you take them from a slab of steel or composite through to the crusher. My Defender is 15 years old, it has had one new battery in that time - a Prius would be at the end of it's second set of much more polluting Nickel Hydride batteries in that time and while all the ecos go on about zero emissions from electric cars they carefully forget to mention how much pollutant is produced to make the electricty (because none of the ecos want any more "clean" nuclear powerstations built either) they have to have to run on. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49580 10th Feb 2011 11:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>