Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > MPG -- 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
JOKER

Scotland 
MPG -- 2

To follow up from the earlier thread , do any members really concern themselves with the MPG , I couldn't tell you what i get in town or motorway driving.

It's just a case of jump in drive, if it needs fuel fill it up , sorry but MPG figures mean diddly squat to me..........

Post #3201 1st Mar 2009 7:27pm
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

it doesnt bother me MPG i tend to fill up twice a month circa £200 so compared to my other vehicles its by far the cheapest to run IMO if you want really good MPG the ford fiesta TDCI @ 60+ MPG is a bargain FFRR VS TDCI hmmm onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #3203 1st Mar 2009 7:58pm
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Nah never worried about MPG just as long as it gets me to the nearest coffee point Thumbs Up

Post #3206 1st Mar 2009 9:05pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I do consider it but it doesn't prevent me from buying any car. I guess thats why I had a 3.9V8 Range Rover at the age of 21 and an M5 at 28!

MAN, I miss having a petrol V8....... Big Cry Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #3207 1st Mar 2009 9:06pm
JOKER

Scotland 

ken wrote:
Nah never worried about MPG just as long as it gets me to the nearest coffee point Thumbs Up

You'll be alright on that score Ken as your car is always inside the warehouse ............... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #3210 1st Mar 2009 9:23pm
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Your just jealous that my garage is bigger than yours

Post #3222 2nd Mar 2009 8:01am
JOKER

Scotland 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Post #3225 2nd Mar 2009 9:33am
jpr

same here not bothered but on a good day i get 14.8 mpg and on a bad ive had 11.8 mpg Twisted Evil ---------------------------------------------
Current - 2015 RR & Lumma CLR GT 558

Previous

RRS HSE now Gone
SC FFRR Gone

Post #3444 6th Mar 2009 1:26pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

re-set the counter and floor it Cool

blooming horendous 3.1 mpg Shocked

Post #3451 6th Mar 2009 3:50pm
Polux

2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

hi new here,

bought my 05rr a year ago, was my 1st and only its a 4.4 heard about mpg on these things tried it out for the 1st month cost me £400, panicked about this, so spent £2200 on a Prins VSI LPG conversion, costs me £30 quid to fill up, no diff in power, slight lower mpg, but now saves me £300 a month, and I get 10% of road tax, I am greener also, only downside is I have to fill up once a week, but as the lpg station is 1 mile away its no biggy Smile and it has run faultless

has to be one of the best things I have spent £2k on

very very higly recommend it.

will post pics shortly

cheers

Post #5953 2nd Jun 2009 3:53pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Polux,

I nearly bought a FF Supercharged to go greener with the LPG but when I did the sums, it would only SAVE me money once the cost of the conversion had paid for itself, which with an average of 16mpg over 20,000 miles a year (pretty great for a SC) it would have taken me 2 years to recoup that cost alone, before I actually started to save money.

LPG was more hassle than its worth as it meant:

1. Dealer's wouldn't touch it afterwards
2. Any warranty is null and void
3. You can't take it on the Eurotunnel (Not sure about Ferries)
4. LPG stations too few and far between
5. The government is going to raise duty on LPG - its just a matter of time!

I spent a lot of time investigating it and posted a thorough account here: Not saying its a bad thing but like most modifications, you need to enter into it with eyes wide open!

Please don't take this as me raining on your parade by the way! Thumbs Up

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic119.html Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #5954 2nd Jun 2009 4:16pm
Polux

Hi rruk

yes i spent a long time on research. just a few notes though.

1. Dealer's wouldn't touch it afterwards
2. Any warranty is null and void
3. You can't take it on the Eurotunnel (Not sure about Ferries)
4. LPG stations too few and far between
5. The government is going to raise duty on LPG - its just a matter of time!

1. I have mine serviced at Gorgon Lamb LR dealers (they are happy as long as its done by a LPGA certified installer, also mine is near a well kown installer which do about 5 RRs a week so i guess my GR dealers are experianced with them) always good to ask 1st though

2. Again GR Dealer comfirmed no issue with warranty as per no.1

3. dont think i will ever go eurotunnel not keen on driving that far Smile but could be an issue for other though

4. I was surprised getting quite popular now mine is a mile away, and i have done some checking you should find plenty in every city. i found 20 within 10 miles of me, (chesterfield) dont always think mainstream petrol stations either (repair garages, sevice centres, MOT stations, dealerships) also not all are listed on websites or advertise (maybe this is the issue?)

5. last budget help with this though linky http://www.eco-cars.net/pages/latest_news.php double tax in sept 09 then held until 2014 (better than i expected though )

did spend a lot on researching though before hand and I would only opt for a prins VSI multipoint system, I have about 15 friends who have converted. half went for prins other have went for various euro types they wish they had not having several issues, they wish they went prins. none of ours has had any faults.

hope this helps

Post #5956 2nd Jun 2009 5:17pm
Polux

hi again

just read your thread on it.

true i have the tank in the wheel well. it is a 96ltr however system will only let it fill to 75 ltr due to gas expansion in diff tempretures, they do move the air suspension out of the well. it does have a slight noise but only in the 1st 5 minutes from turning engine on then goes away.

true it would only help if you know you were to have the car more than 2 years.

false my insurance has gone down, contacted a number of ins companies and none of them said it would go up if converted to lpg but again stress it must be with an certified LPGA installer though.

mine has a 2 year warranty, cost £2200 inc vat

Post #5958 2nd Jun 2009 5:37pm
Ivan

Ireland 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Polux, interesting. I had a 4.4 and a 4.6 P38 on LPG. You are now, by your own figures, doing on £100 of LPG what you did on £400 of petrol? With LPG at around 55 ish pence per litre and petrol 95 ish per litre and by your own admission and my experience, slightly less mpg on gas I don't think so! Are you counting the petrol you use when starting? I reckoned my 4.4 was saving me no more than £10 per week, on an annual mileage of 10k. which when I counted the reduced range, no boot or spare wheel (well not at the same time!) just wasn't worth it. I now run a supercharged and my weekly bill has risen by about £10. But hey, if it works for you then fine,
Ivan
PS just got the calculator out - if you are buying LPG at 40p per litre that would make a big difference! (75 litres at £30) FF RR S/C (Gone)
TVR Chimaera 500(Gone)
TR7 V8

Post #5964 2nd Jun 2009 8:30pm
kin

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

RRUK wrote:
Polux,

.... it would have taken me 2 years to recoup that cost alone, before I actually started to save money.

Might not take as long to recoup the cost. I am guessing a small part of the conversion cost could be recoup come selling time...

Fuel consumption doesn't really bother me, but it's still nice to know my TDV8 does over 22mpg round town Razz

Post #5967 2nd Jun 2009 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>