Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Extra Urban MPG
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
doclees

United States 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black
Extra Urban MPG

Hey Folks, in looking at the other UK made luxury cars I was amazed to see that Rolls Royce Phantom could get a max of 28 MPG. It appeared to be US gallons too. Then other sites said 19 MPG highway. Then I found something not measured here, extra urban MPG. Now I assume this means taking a nice tour though the countryside in the 35-40 MPH range with limited stops. Is there an official way this is measured?
Thanks.

Post #505066 14th Feb 2019 1:59am
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Hi Doc,

Yes it means basically any driving outside of a BUA(built up area) so includes freeways, major highways, minor roads etc where you “waft” along.

They then take an average of thr urban and extra urban to give you an overall Mog.

However, don’t be taken in ........ the figures are derived from a rolling road and not real journeys and are notoriously over optimistic. Several companies in europe have also been found to have altered their Ecuador’s software purely for testing in order to get higher mpg rating.

Post #505108 14th Feb 2019 2:54pm
doclees

Thanks. I know things get fudged but it still tells me what is possible. To put in perspective I regularly get 20 MPG US highway in my 04 fullfat. Planing on a move to Florida where it is plenty flat and humid. During a visit. There I broke 21+ MPG. Now I need to convince the wife that 2006 Phantom with 14k miles for $65k is an economy car.

Post #505169 14th Feb 2019 10:47pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

@$65k that’s a lot of car. It would only get you into a 2015/16 FFRR here in the uk!

You’re a long time dead! Go for it! (Send pics pleaeeeeese)👏🕺😎🤸‍♀️

Post #505170 14th Feb 2019 10:50pm
doclees

Being an expense British car, any of them, get an unfair bad reputation here. That low mileage Rolls is an exceptional example. But to be fair it is the cheapest one so far. Most are going for another $20k with mileage in the 30s. But It hard to find one with normal miles even in the 50k mile range for any of the Rolls or Bentleys. People are afraid to drive them. As a kid I wanted a Bentley turbo R. That was the standard for luxury sedans back then. I watched a YouTube video of the 2019 Phantom. What an incredible work of rolling art.
Well if either my lottery ticket wins or mother-in-law decides to join father-in-law this weekend I may go for that Phantom.

Post #505179 15th Feb 2019 2:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1