Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Picked Dads new RR up today - Just a couple of questions.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
BuckinghamBazza

Picked Dads new RR up today - Just a couple of questions.

Evenin All,

Dad picked his "new" car up yesterday, really pleased with it, its in beautiful nick.

Just a couple of questions

1 - The passenger cup holder (One under the vent) doesn't spring out anymore, I levered it out and there is a little cog just rattling round inside, is this a common problem and how do I fix it?

2 - The Turbo whistles like a steam train, not sure if this is normal or not, its a LOT louder than all the other TD's i've ever driven.

Thats it for now, probably more to come!

Thanks

BB Thumbs Up

Post #3204 1st Mar 2009 8:34pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Sounds like the cup holder has been forced back and broken, the only solution is replacement of the broken bits.

The turbo whine could be an issue you need to sort:

On this link to another site I found this:

http://www.rangerovers.net/rrmkiiiremedies.html#steervibe

Whining Noise from Turbocharger

The turbocharger on some TD6 vehicles seems to be faulty and produces a whining noise. Steve I. who has a TD6 model in Ireland reported: "At 1300 rpm at approximately 30 to 40 mph you can hear a noticeable engine whine coming from the right front side. So far my local dealer has not been able to offer any suggestion. During a 3 week stay the dealership replaced drive shafts, which cured a vibration when turning to the right. They replaced the injectors. They also replaced the turbo unit, still no change, and the whining continued. Landrover Ireland sent their top people to have a look at the car, and they said that everything that could be done had been done, and it was just one of those things. Thankfully as I have been a customer of this particular dealer for years, their chief mechanic as a last resort decided to replace the new turbo. Guess what, the whining is gone!"

Bernard Green of England had the same problem, which was also cured when his dealer replaced the turbo. Similarly, Andrew Neville had a strange whistling noise from his TD6 (purchased in late 2003) at about 2,500 rpm,, especially at about half throttle and under load. Andrew reports (February 2005) that after it had become really loud, it was finally cured when the turbo was replaced. Martyn in the UK also had this noise, which he said some call the 'Singing Turbo Lady'. His sounded like an ambulance siren when the rev's rose between 1,000 & 2,000 RPM. The main dealer (reluctantly) changed the turbocharger and the noise disappeared Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #3205 1st Mar 2009 9:01pm
JOKER

Scotland 

This also on another site , might help with the cup holder ........

click on each pic to enlarge..........

http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f10/vdo-dash...45181.html

Post #3211 1st Mar 2009 9:27pm
BuckinghamBazza

Thanks Fellas, wonder if the dealer we bought it off would listen to any complaint re: noisy turbo or if it is basically sold as seen?

Mick, thanks, i'm going to have a go at getting the cup holder out tomorrow and putting it all back together inside.

Watch my old man cry as I unleash the toolbox of hell on his dashboard!! Twisted Evil

Post #3212 1st Mar 2009 9:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1