Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Land Rover Approved worst dealership award !!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Robvader

United Kingdom 
Land Rover Approved worst dealership award !!!

Hi all, one of you may be able to help me. So after 4 months looking I found the my15 FF Range Rover that ticked all the boxes that I wanted in a Land Rover Dealership.

The car is Causeway grey, meridian 1700, rear 10.2 screens, ebony and ivory interior 22 turbines and more. My only problem was the car was over 250miles from me so I spoke to the salesman and he assured me the car was immaculate, I was sent a video and then put a deposit down. I looked again at the video and saw that the seat had a mark on it, I rang the salesman and asked could he check the car again and give me a more accurate video which he did. I was told thier head detailer had gone over the whole car, i was shown a video pointing out where minor scratches had been and was told the car was in extremely good condition so I agreed to buy it and organised a hire car one way to pick up.

On the day of picking up the car everything went ok till I looked at the spare wheel, it had a big chunk out of it but a new tire ! they agreed it should have been spotted and changed which they then did. Just before we were about to leave I looked at the front of the car again now that it was out in the sun light, I straight away spotted the passenger side of the bumper didn't fit properly against the wing and the bumper had obviously been painted and not very well ! I pointed it out to the salesman who agreed there was damage, then the sales manager came out and said he could see no damage and proceeded to tell me that I must know paintwork better than him Censored !!! he than agreed there was damage that should not have been there ! He then disappeared for about half an hour, he then came and told me he had spoken to my local dealer and they would carry the repairs and replace the bumper, great I thought problem solved and I can get home and have it repaired near to me.

Well that was 9 days ago ! The deanship i bought from thought that my dealership local to me would carry out the repairs cheaply for them, well they won't, its not their problem and I agree. I started to get a bit fed up with having no outcome as to if my car would be repaired and when so rightly sent an email demanding it gets sorted out !

Sales managers response was that yes I could have my money back but I had asked for compensation for a full waisted day going there and back, flatly refused by him !!!

Second option they would collect the car by low loader, repair it and I would have to drive all the way there to inspect it !!

Any advice warmly welcomed Wink

Last edited by Robvader on 27th Jun 2018 7:52pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #482021 27th Jun 2018 7:02pm
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

How much do you like the car and if its repaired to your satisfaction would you be happy ?.

I appreciate you lost a day but i think thats to be put down to a lesson learned type thing. A recovery truck is going to cost them , could you make a short break of it and drive the car back and wait with maybe them chipping in for your trip ?

Personally , if i was not particularly in love with the car then get your purchase price back and start your search again. The dealer doesn't sound like the most reliable, honest place to deal with so cutting your losses could be the way to go.

Just re-read my post and I havent really helped !! 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #482022 27th Jun 2018 7:12pm
Robvader

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your reply, I do really like the car and it took months to find it, I am just really fed up with how I have been treated and the sales manager is a cocky T34t !!!

I do not really want them to fix the car, I don't trust them. I would be happy for my local dealer to repair it as I do trust them, I am sure I am in my rights to say where it is repaired no matter what It costs the selling dealer.

Post #482025 27th Jun 2018 7:31pm
dolph34

Not sure about UK rights when it comes to cars, maybe a few others on here will chime in. What year is the RR. 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #482029 27th Jun 2018 7:44pm
Robvader

United Kingdom 

Hi, its a 2015 Autobiography

Post #482030 27th Jun 2018 7:51pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Not what you want to hear - but 250 miles or not I wouldn’t buy a new car never mind a s/h one unseen 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #482032 27th Jun 2018 7:59pm
Robvader

United Kingdom 

Hi, I didn't buy it unseen, I asked every thing about the car, had them double check it and was assured it was immaculate, I also had assurance if the car was not as described I would not buy and walk away. I wish I had now but they said they would pay Matford Land Rover to fix it who I trust as I have a relation who is higher management there so I know they would make sure it was repaired 100% perfect.

Post #482033 27th Jun 2018 8:03pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Sorry, but unless you see the car in person it’s unseen - videos and pics have limited value - as you have found out - and descriptions are down to the salesman’s interpretation which is not unaturally always biased in their favour. Other people also have different standards = I would never ever buy a s/h car unseen.

If your not happy take the refund and spend your money elsewhere Thumbs Up 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #482034 27th Jun 2018 8:30pm
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Robvader, I completely sympathise with you, this must have spoiled what should be an exciting time for you.
I suppose you now have to forget the past, and ask yourself: what next? Your call, naturally, but if it was me I'd be thinking "what other problems are there that they haven't told me about?" And I'd take a refund and tell everyone I know what a rubbish dealership they are.

Just shows - even "reputable" businesses can lie to their customers, and a buyer's motto should be "trust no one!", despite assurances and promises that they made.

Post #482035 27th Jun 2018 8:34pm
dolph34

Now your in this situation i suppose you have to check out your rights then make a decision. If you have it in writing about the repair being done locally then maybe thats a road you could pursue. 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #482036 27th Jun 2018 8:35pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Get a refund and buy another car. If you have further problems, then from what you say you'll get the same everytime with them haggling etc.

Reputable businesses are not reputable if they lie. End of story!

Post #482045 27th Jun 2018 9:19pm
Robvader

United Kingdom 

Im guessing I need to let them have the car back but it does worry me that they will cover up the damage, it really needs a new bumper but they will just repair it and sell it on again and someone else will end up with problems.

I only wanted to buy form a Land Rover Dealer and have the faith in buying a Land Rover Approved car, I've not learnt that means nothing as they don't do the proper checks and just try to rip people off, or at least this dealer I dealt with does. I am being mindful not to put their name up yet but its a main dealer near Dover, I will name and shame when I decide what to do.

Iam starting to hate used car sales men, they are just out to rip you off !!!

Post #482046 27th Jun 2018 9:29pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I tend to agree with Vogue, by all means "reserve" the car but don't agree to purchase until you've seen it yourself. Some people do buy successfully based on the dealer's description but the critical thing is to walk away if its not "as described".

If it was me I'd be thinking "what else have the Censored ers covered up and will no doubt argue the toss about at every turn".

Get a full refund and walk away.

You say you trust your local dealer Matfords, and I know others on here have good things to say about them so why not take your cash and go and talk to them about locating the right spec FF and buying it through them as a warranted approved used vehicle. By all accounts they seem a decent bunch.

Good luck Thumbs Up 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #482049 27th Jun 2018 9:55pm
Robvader

United Kingdom 

Thanks all, looks like I will be looking for a new one again, your all right, I have no faith in the dealership and there is no way in the world they didnt know it had been damaged,,,,,they just thought they could get away with it, if I had driven away without pointing it out they would have said I had had it repaired badly ! I am so fed up, really wanted a Range Rover but now thinking I should of stayed with Porsche and bought a car from them, never had problems with them. I will escalate this with Land Rover but I don't think they will care, they just let crap dealers get away with it ;( . So if any of you are looking for a 2015 Autobiography near to dover don't buy it !

Post #482052 27th Jun 2018 10:05pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

If you really wanted a FFRR then don't give up at the first problem.

You had a bad experience with a very poor dealer but don't let them spoil your desire to have a FFRR.

There will be another one out there for you. 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #482054 27th Jun 2018 10:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>