Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > What’s the PHEV like to live with?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

Gt3gooner wrote:
Finally got mine back a week ago having been off the road for the best part of 5 weeks, allbeit including a windscreen change following an errant flying stone. Electrical issue was eventual traced to a faulty charging socket which had to be sourced along with special tools to replace it. All seems good at the moment and starting to enjoy. Rolling mpg now at 42 with 50 regularly achieved on my 45 mile commute with a full battery.

I’m afraid it’s done it again!!! 10.5k miles on the clock and 6 months since the last time, then Friday lunchtime all electrical systems unresponsive when entering the car. LR Assiatance turned up within 2 hours and set about the car with a laptop and mobile phone, not a tool box in sight. Couple of hours and many software updates and the phev came back to life, for now!! Was already booked in to the dealers on 6th Feb to sort charging issues (it kills charging posts), sort out the lack of adjustment on the passenger seat and the InControl which refuses to pair with an iPhone. Now the list is a bit longer.

Post #502970 27th Jan 2019 5:48pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I had a brand new 18MY VSE for ten days and absolutely loved it! Mine was a 2.0D 400e and the waft-ability was unbelievable! No i wouldn't think a spirited driver would like the laziness of it but in terms of luxury feeling... WOW... It felt like it pulled away most of the time on battery (even though it showed 0 electric range) and then the engine would start once rolling/10/15mph...

Loved it... Thumbs Up

Post #503003 28th Jan 2019 1:34am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Just reading this thread (I've ordered a PHEV) and now slightly worried about the ride! My kids do get travel sick so I hope it's not too different from my old L405 Rolling Eyes 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #503664 2nd Feb 2019 12:44pm
Badger

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

It is a softer more wallowy drive (COMFORT) as standard, so you have to go into VEHICLE on the bottom screen, and select DYNAMIC, but can only do this if the terrain response button down on the centre console is raised (don't they make life difficult!). This gives a slightly firmer ride which is much more like the previous L405.
My frustration is that the car keeps reverting to COMFORT, rather than staying in the mode I left it in. Hoping the latest software update will fix this.....

Post #503889 4th Feb 2019 12:14pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Picked it up today - very impressed with it so far. Quite a long drive home so didn't really benefit from the battery that much, but I'm looking forward to a few local journeys over the next few days.

Do most owners get the rapid chargers installed? I've been in touch with Chargemaster, but I'm already starting to wonder if I can just get away with using the home charging lead. The extended charging time doesn't bother me really. Are you supposed to leave it charging, or disconnect once it's fully charged? 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #504185 6th Feb 2019 9:57pm
Badger

The normal lead is ok but takes about 6 hours to charge. The fast charger is 2 1/2hrs. I took the untethered version. Just leave it plugged in, it stops taking juice when it’s at 100%.
Good luck with the new car

Post #504192 6th Feb 2019 10:18pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your reply Badger. I'm going to go down the route of the rapid charger, if I can get one fixed in the garage.

Do you connect to public chargers? I signed up to Zap-Map - I hadn't realised how many charge points there were. I presume I'll need to get a different sort of cable for these charge points? And do you just pay as you go, or are they generally a subscription service? 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #504271 7th Feb 2019 12:19pm
Badger

I had all the intentions of charging it away from home (the untethered charger means you have a cable you can take with you). But after a couple of failed attempts at logging on, paying etc I gave up and have never charged it other than in the garage. Different charger suppliers at different places, using different log ins, payments etc etc, it's just too messy. Hopefully over time the infrastructure will catch up.

Post #504275 7th Feb 2019 12:28pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Useful to know, thank you. I think I will just get used to doing the same, at least for now. Thanks again. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #504286 7th Feb 2019 1:12pm
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

I just had a weatherproof 13a socket installed at home which I leave the supplied lead permanently plugged into to charge overnight, unplug and leave in situ each morning plus brought on eBay a type 2 lead to charge at work. Charging times and details as Badger’s post.

Post #504297 7th Feb 2019 2:41pm
Alexander Caplan

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

I collected my Vogue P400e on Friday and I'm extremely pleased with it. The ride quality is truly exquisite - driving around town is now a totally serene experience.
The distance from home to my office is a little over 4 miles, so I can make several journeys on pure EV between charges.
Frustratingly the vehicle is only supplied with a standard 13A charging cable and the official LR public charging cable is on back order in the UK, so I had to borrow an alternative 'Type 2' cable.

Post #505611 18th Feb 2019 10:22pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

I'm wondering whether I should buy a cable for using when out and about - are you supposed to buy them from Land Rover? Or are the ones from the various websites I've googled just as good? 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #505831 20th Feb 2019 7:21pm
Alexander Caplan

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

I think the public charging cables are pretty generic. You just need a Type 2 connector (commonly referred to as “Mennekes”) on either end, and you want the cable rated for 32 amps.

Post #505854 20th Feb 2019 10:40pm
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

DONT pay LR tax, I got my type 2 cable (7m) from one of the better eBay / amazon suppliers and it works just fine. Type 2 fittings are generic.

Got my phev back today after another 2 weeks off the road with charging issues. That makes 5 weeks off the road in 7 months. Second charging module replaced and lots of software updates. Have to say the latest infotainment upgrade looks really good so far. Apple car play, waze, etc all seem to work well with no delay.

Let’s see how the high voltage electrics performs this time!!

Post #505968 21st Feb 2019 10:36pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Let’s hope there’s no correlation between your charging issues and your eBay cable! Whistle

Ok, I agree, that’s practically impossible...

Post #505994 22nd Feb 2019 9:14am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>