Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Alarm and surround cameras
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
aggraa

United Kingdom 
Alarm and surround cameras

Hi , I have a 2010 tdv8 ,it has the surround camera system and factory alarm.
Where i live in UK , I have to park on the street , if I can I park opposite my house on the other side of the road as there is a bus stop directly outside my house.
Over the weekend one of my neighbours on the other side of the road told me I cannot park outside his house as its his space, this is incorrect as its a road with no parking restrictions.....I went to work Saturday and when I came home one of my neighbours told me that he heard the neighbour who "told me off" and the guy that lives above him arranging a plan to put nails in my tyres and damage my car so i wouldnt park there again.
I went straight to the police station...closed with a sign saying to call a number, after a long wait on the line I explained the situation and was advised that I had to email them as they cannot respond to a phone call !
Soo,, my question is can I link the surround camera system to my alarm or is there an aftermarket solution that can record any interference with my car?

Before I get told to just park somewhere else, I have mobility problems ,, some days I just cannot walk,so the only time I go out is on good day , and I just park as close to my house as possible when I return .

Post #489095 17th Sep 2018 1:01pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

no you cant link the FF's cameras to a recording device...

your best solution is to purchase 2 or 3 dash cams and wire them direct to a supplementary battery ...the FF's battery wont support the constant drain..

you could also consider a home cctv camera and dvr pointed at your FF...

Post #489099 17th Sep 2018 1:32pm
aggraa

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the quick reply, I will be setting up a camera from my house to "watch " my car .
any recommendations on make and model of dash cams pleaee?

Post #489100 17th Sep 2018 1:42pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Hi, sorry to hear your tale.

I was hit when parked so I wanted a front and rear dash cam running for as long as possible when the car's locked and left.

As Stan says powering those you'll need a second (car) battery in the boot which many have fitted for all kinds of purposes. And you'll need a VSR which will mean the cameras won't run your main battery down but stay charging when you run the engine. These VSR's also charge the main battery as a priority.

Not too expensive a set up. Details here: http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=489059#489059
A lot cheaper than your excess should you (hopefully not) have to make a claim.

Cameras from your house may be easier. But do both if you can. And get the highest resolution possible. Dashcams at 720p are on amazon starting around £40, you can spend a lot more. The more you spend the better you get.

Many members here have front and rear cameras.

Good luck!
.. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #489103 17th Sep 2018 1:57pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i certainly wouldnt spend money on an expensive setup..

2 or 3 of these £8 jobbys off ebay would do the job and can be easily seen,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HQ-Digital-Car-...1799136967

Post #489110 17th Sep 2018 2:53pm
aggraa

United Kingdom 

Hi ,thanks for the info. The link to installing a 2nd battery is interesting ,but I have the towbar stored there and my understanding of the electrics is not great.
I think I will purchase a new battery ,the smallest car battery i can find and keep it portable , ie put it in the car when I park up and remove it when i leave putting it on charge in the house as well as a solar charger to top it up if I am parked for a few days.
My uncle installs security systems and he is going to source a hi definition camera with infra red capability with a hard drive recorder, but he cant get to me until the weekend, so a few restless nights to go!
again cheers for the info

Post #489143 17th Sep 2018 7:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1