Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Not long now and I'll have what I thought I had!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
Not long now and I'll have what I thought I had!

I bought my FFRR on 2nd June. I waited three and a half weeks for it to be processed through the system having all kinds of checks done I presumed and received it eventually having had a deployable tow bar fitted. Within two days of ownership I had an engine light up and it turned out to be a turbo boost solenoid and a critical oil leak which had damaged about £2500 worth of parts. I waited about a week to get the car back and it ran as sweet as can be. Whilst having the WD40 washed off the bodywork which a salesman had done cleaning the door rubbers?? I noticed a dark patch of paint on the nearside rear door. I immediately called the dealership and drove to them to show it off. The salesman couldn't see it but his paint guy was there who saw it immediately. They agreed to repaint and blend the door and repaint both the bumpers. At this point I was going caravanning across France, Italy and Spain for 6 weeks so had to put it on hold until I returned. The car ran very strong pulling my 2500kg van up hill and down dale (The Euro versions) and had not a murmur of complaint. Apart from the tow bar which now was stuck in the deployed position. Just before I got back I called the dealership service Dept and they said to bring it in on the Monday after I returned. This I did and mentioned that the rear brake hi level light had a number of diodes out. I also said the rear tailgate seems misaligned. I then had an estimate for the complete replacement of the tailgate and trim, struts, badges et al. The invoice showed just over £1600 in paint and labour as the parts would be supplied by LR. I dread to think how much all the bits and the tailgate itself came to. They fitted my new light which works a treat. The tow bar has had to be replaced in it's entirety as has the tailgate. They expect to keep the car about 8 - 10 days to complete the work. I'm sure it would have been much cheaper to check the car themselves in the first place. The 165 point check has not taken place on this car because so much stuff could have been spotted by a child but it was left. A very muddy spare wheel and a piece of trim stuck in place with double sided number plate pads. Not checked at all.
Anyhooo, I get it back in a week or so and it should be nigh on perfect.
Just what I wanted in the first place. Thumbs Up

Post #490689 2nd Oct 2018 3:22pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Huwrys, sorry to hear of your woes but it seems to be a constant issue with LR products and dealerships. The problem is we keep buying the product. there is no incentive from JLR to improve as they can sell as much as they produce and beyond. Sign of the times i'm afraid, I had the same issues in 2004, and previously in 2000 with my old ones and things have not changed, until someone produces a viable alternative we are stuck !!

I trust your issues will be resolved shortly

Best Regs Thumbs Up

Post #490693 2nd Oct 2018 3:57pm
Huwrhys

Well I just had a call from the LR approved Body shop to say the Sales Manager will not authorise the repairs as they are too expensive!!! He has told the Body shop to continue with the tailgate under the warranty but wants to send the car somewhere else to get the paint sorted. The estimate was for £750 +Vat which for both bumpers and a door to be blended seemed a pretty good price to me. I'm awaiting a call from him to discuss. If he thinks some scrote with an aerosol is going near it I'll have to straighten him out a little. I think I have the right to an LR approved Body shop don't you?

Post #490792 3rd Oct 2018 10:28am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter So the Sales Manager thinks his own bodyshop is too expensive Shocked

I'd be down there to talk to the dealership principal directly.

Post #490794 3rd Oct 2018 10:58am
MJGH

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Huwrhys wrote:
If he thinks some scrote with an aerosol is going near it I'll have to straighten him out a little. I think I have the right to an LR approved Body shop don't you?

I remember reading somewhere in all the LR blurp that they recommend body repairs are only carried out by their approved repairers due to the composition of the materials the vehicle is made of and the fact approved repairers are trained in its repair, whereas other repairers may not be.
Or words to that effect.
Who approves the repairer?
Is their a criteria they are audited against by LR with approved status certification issued?
Or is it the case that they are used by a MD because they are cheap hence by default they become approved?

Post #490797 3rd Oct 2018 11:52am
Huwrhys

Having been in insurance covering car repairs I can speak from experience that the approved repairer are expensive but top quality. The place has agreed to do a cheap price of £250 per panel which is half their normal rate plus vat. So 2 bumpers and blend the door is £750, which sounds a good deal to me. I have sent a PM to CRC@LR to see what their view is. I feel that I have a right to a LR Approved body shop and nothing less than that. If they think I'm going away or giving up they made a huge mistake. I take on board what you say about the approved repairs and found this on their web site.

When you take your vehicle to be repaired at a Land Rover Approved bodyshop, it will be repaired to our exacting standard with Genuine Parts, Land Rover methodology and fully trained staff.
We can carry out all repairs - from small, minor ones to large structural realignment work.
And everything we do is backed by a Land Rover guarantee certificate that's issued when repairs are completed.

Post #490806 3rd Oct 2018 12:52pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Alistair wrote:
Rolling with laughter

I'd be down there to talk to the dealership principal directly.

- I've tried on a number of occasions through my LR years to get to speak to a dealer principal or Executive Director or whatever ponsey name they give themselves these days. - not once have I ever got near them - front line staff told to play blocker / defence. They're too busy on the golf course.

Post #490811 3rd Oct 2018 1:26pm
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I have managed to speak to one - I had some rather derogatory stickers made up and sold them on the internet and posted plenty of photos of them on my vehicle too Wink

You'd be shocked how quickly they want to speak to you Rolling with laughter Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #490820 3rd Oct 2018 2:42pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

MJGH is right. It's only bodyshops that can do aluminium repairs that can do it. I had that problem with my car got clipped and they had to paint the rear corner at the light housing. Weird but deffo true!! My car sat in a bodyshop for 3 days ands then they called to say they aren't qualified to do RR's so at least I got it done right as I called the dealership and asked who they got to do their repairs and then took it to them. Luckily it was a decent insurance company, and I even had a Vogue SE as a hire car. Smile all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #491091 5th Oct 2018 2:19pm
Huwrhys

They won't call me back and won't respond to my emails.
Cowardice is not a trait I was expecting. Maybe they think I'll go away. Why would they think that I wonder?

Post #491438 8th Oct 2018 3:53pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Doubt you'll get a response now, according to the BBC 6 o'clock news JLR are all going on holiday for a fortnight as sales have hit "an alarming slump!!"

Not surprised given the appalling after sales service and "niggles" on a £100k car!

Post #491452 8th Oct 2018 5:10pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Reject the car and get another one from another dealer. You should get a good price given the slump in sales! Mr. Green

Post #491513 8th Oct 2018 9:43pm
Huwrhys

Can I still reject the car after three months of ownership?
I feel they are just ignoring me tbh. I think I’ll get some legal advice and see if I can stuff them with it.

Post #491528 9th Oct 2018 6:19am
Huwrhys

Well things have moved on a pace since my last posting. I have spoken to the Sales Manager for the first time who actually seemed on the ball. He has agreed to my request to have the paintwork carried out by the LR approved body shop and it's there now being sorted out. I would love it back by Friday night as I'm taking my dear old Mum out for dinner but I think it's unlikely. I'll have to take her in the wifes Fiat 500 instead. Whistle

Post #491735 10th Oct 2018 3:29pm
MJGH

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Glad to hear you are finally getting some where Thumbs Up

Post #491739 10th Oct 2018 4:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>