Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Who's got a private plate?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Who's got a private plate?

Not asking you to post it here, but how many have a cherished plate on their FFRR?

I'm contemplating buying one of the DVLA ones just to take the age off the car. I can't find my initials though, so it looks like I'll have to get the wife's Sad

Post #3382 5th Mar 2009 11:10am
JOKER

Scotland 

I got one from the DVLA , 14K

Got the wife one 12k

Got the daughter one 2k

what initals you looking for in case i come across them .............. Thumbs Up

Post #3384 5th Mar 2009 11:36am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Both our cars have them, from DVLA, both cost £250. Cheap as chips Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #3386 5th Mar 2009 12:30pm
JOKER

Scotland 

My only concern about the private plates are that if i pop my clogs before the missus and daughter , they don't comprehend what is involved with the registration process and will just sell the cars as per norm.

Tried explaining how it works but it is like talking to a brick wall.

Women only good for one thing , even that their not very good at it .................. (cooking)

Strangely enough last week she asked me to take her somewhere hot and where she had never been for her birthday.

So i took her into the Kitchen ............... old ones are the best Twisted Evil Thumbs Up

Post #3389 5th Mar 2009 12:40pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

I have 8 plates at the moment but premium numbers that i have bought at auction over the years.

- i am not interested in the £250 type although they are ok for some but they have no real investment value but do hide the age of your car. I am selling one plate at the moment and it annoys me when people enquire and they say "How much!!!!!! - But you can get them for £250 from the DVLA!" or the ones that say yeah i have a great number plate and it is a load of misplaced digits and screws. The boys in blue are getting tight on this due to their ANPR system.

I have been pulled over loads of times by police on one plate as it was the name of a celeb and i think they wanted to see if she was driving. I just hold it on retention now

There is good and bad to plates - Great investments but everyone knows where you are & will say- i saw your car in X yesterday - An adulterers nightmare Rolling with laughter

Anyone seen AJ1?

I think we should have a thread like on the RRS site which shows Plates spotted - i will create one now for anyone interested

Post #3392 5th Mar 2009 1:31pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Fire away Adrian great idea .............. Thumbs Up

Post #3393 5th Mar 2009 1:33pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

I had a look on the site and there was already a thread started by VA i think so i added a reply so it would highlight blue on everones log in - at least i think it will Whistle

Post #3396 5th Mar 2009 1:38pm
kin

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

MICK wrote:
I got one from the DVLA , 14K

Got the wife one 12k

Got the daughter one 2k

what initals you looking for in case i come across them .............. Thumbs Up
Shocked I was going to brag about my £400 plate, until I saw your post Mr. Green

Post #3405 5th Mar 2009 8:10pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Sorry Embarassed No bragging intended , actually thought i would have had one of the cheap ones .............

Just as well i did not buy MS 1 ---- LAST TIME I CHECKED £275,000.00p dont think the wife would be too happy ....... Rolling with laughter

Post #3407 5th Mar 2009 8:29pm
kin

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

MICK wrote:
Sorry Embarassed No bragging intended , actually thought i would have had one of the cheap ones .............

I don't mean it like that Mick, its all a bit of a joke!! I saw a Bentley down the street from mine which has the plate A55 OLE on it Laughing I'll double check on exact spelling next time I see it ?

Post #3410 5th Mar 2009 9:00pm
jonny142

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue
Re: Who's got a private plate?

noddy wrote:
Not asking you to post it here, but how many have a cherished plate on their FFRR?

I'm contemplating buying one of the DVLA ones just to take the age off the car. I can't find my initials though, so it looks like I'll have to get the wife's Sad

Hi Noddy,nothing wrong with getting a cherished number..... I have 7... I even bought for the kids when they are old enough to drive.

A good plate looks good on any vehical.. go for it.... good luck 4.4 V8 Vogue Adriatic - Cream leather

Post #3413 5th Mar 2009 9:11pm
StevieH

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I've stuck a cheapo NI cover plate on mine, managed to source a matching pair with consecutive numbers for me and her, does the job and lots of people ask what it stands for....nothing I'm just a tight arse.

PS my personal favourite was on a plumber/drain cleaners van - WH05 HAT........excellent Exclamation

Post #3414 5th Mar 2009 10:54pm
JOKER

Scotland 

StevieH wrote:
I've stuck a cheapo NI cover plate on mine, managed to source a matching pair with consecutive numbers for me and her, does the job and lots of people ask what it stands for....nothing I'm just a tight arse.

PS my personal favourite was on a plumber/drain cleaners van - WH05 HAT........excellent Exclamation

Had a sneek look at your Gallery, Smart looking FFRR, like the plate.

Did those Alloys come with it or did you buy them after purchase of the car , coz are they not the 09 mdl wheels Thumbs Up

Post #3416 5th Mar 2009 10:59pm
StevieH

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Mick

They are the ones that came with it, they are from the RRS. The stealer that sourced the vehicle did not notice it had the wrong tyre size on it and had painted the original 20mm shank nuts silver instead of fitting the right 23mm nuts for the 2006 wheels. I've changed them now to 20" Autobiography wheels and 255/50/20 tyres along with a few other mods. Will take new pics as soon as....apart from the weather too busy burning up the streets of NL as I've just had the LPG conversion done and I'm getting 200 miles for £25...at that price you just can't help driving.

PS that's not my plate that is the previous owners

Post #3417 5th Mar 2009 11:10pm
Larry

England 2006 Range Rover SE Td6 Java Black

I have a plate on retention. Was on my first ever car. Owner had failed to realise they'd left it on. When I got rid, I kept the plate (legally and literally), been costing me £25 a year ever since!

I've never been keen on private plates to be honest, but keep pondering whether it would just be easier to put it on the RR and advertise it. Sounds daft, but when it was on the original car, people would stop me in car parks and offer to buy it.

I agree that the £250 ones aren't great, and you usually have to re-space (not good for the stated reasons ie ANPR) or use your imagination. I have a mate who claims his £250 DVLA plate reads STEVE, but you have to squint, turn your head on its side and know he's called Steve to see it. 250 notes wasted!!

Post #3427 6th Mar 2009 9:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>