Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > why did it do that ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Northern lad

England 
why did it do that ?

Hi All
Just had a really scary moment, popping out to the shops, started her up and 'Transmission Failsafe Activated' popped up on the display, I understand the meaning of the message but question is why? I put her in reverse and got a clunk and backward jerk, the gear box is normally as smooth as a snooker ball. it had no guts to mention on accelerating, normally she pulls like a train, oh and no parking sensors were working. anyway got to the shop parked up, turned her off waited for the messages to clear from the message centre, started her back up no message (ref gearbox) put her in drive and gave the pedal a quick blip, and all back to normal??? I don't know if the following could be the problem, a couple of days ago I had to park on an incline pointing downward, half on - half off the kerb, next day air suspension inactive popped up again, yesterday similar parking arrangements and then the message this morning about the trans, it may or not be important but my handbrake does not work so she sits there in park to hold her

any ideas or was she just having a moment?

Regards

Steve 2003 Vogue 4.4 petrol, silver 126k on clock when I got her

Post #501279 12th Jan 2019 12:52pm
mercs600

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

I get this if I dont connect the Ctek charger , battery starts to go flat and I get the same messages. Oh and it was a new battery last year but I only do about 1200 miles a year in my TD6 Wink

Post #501282 12th Jan 2019 1:10pm
Northern lad

England 

thanks Mercs

my battery is only about a month old, however I'm currently doing short journeys everyday (approx. 5 miles one way) but because of traffic it takes roughly 30 minutes -/+ I would imagine that should be enough to top it back up again? 2003 Vogue 4.4 petrol, silver 126k on clock when I got her

Post #501283 12th Jan 2019 1:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1