Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Gesture TailGate Sensor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
forever

United Kingdom 
Gesture TailGate Sensor

Can anyone send me picture of the sensor location on 2017 405 please? Mine is not working so want to check for damage dirt etc

Post #501406 13th Jan 2019 1:21pm
forever

United Kingdom 

Anyone Sad

Post #501643 15th Jan 2019 12:37pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

PM me your email address and I'll try to do this tomorrow. I don't dare to attempt it today as the car is in the garage and if the tailgate is opened in there it hits the door and damages the paintwork (don't ask how I know). The car is also muddy so I'd need to wash the area off a bit. I'm afraid I don't know how to post the picture on here, but you can post it here if you want. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #501648 15th Jan 2019 1:04pm
forever

United Kingdom 

Thanks CS... PM sent

Post #501653 15th Jan 2019 1:26pm
Badger

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

CS wrote:
PM me your email address and I'll try to do this tomorrow. I don't dare to attempt it today as the car is in the garage and if the tailgate is opened in there it hits the door and damages the paintwork (don't ask how I know). The car is also muddy so I'd need to wash the area off a bit. I'm afraid I don't know how to post the picture on here, but you can post it here if you want.

You can adjust the opening height of the top tailgate by manually placing it to the desired height then pressing the "close" button inside the tailgate for 10 secs. it will then always open to that height unless you manually push it up further. No more scuffs from the garage door!

Re gesture control, it can be a pain in the *rse when you don't want it, and it cannot be disabled. On a shoot with all the champagne glasses on the bottom tailgate, and a beaters dog runs under the rear of the car....WHAM! just glad it wasn't my RR or champagne! Actually it was slo-gasms, champagne and sloe gin, awful stuff, so probably just as well that it was all spilled!

Post #501662 15th Jan 2019 2:30pm
forever

United Kingdom 

My issue is its never worked since getting the car, its a MY17 so should be standard fit, want to check out the location etc of the sensor and check before letting LR loose on it...

Post #501669 15th Jan 2019 3:15pm
Badger

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

it is below the panel under the bumper immediately behind the rear mudflap (if you have them), and it's worth swiping your foot under there (on each side) a few times as they are temperamental. Otherwise you can guarantee the dealer will operate it first time and make you look a chump!!

Post #501673 15th Jan 2019 3:35pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Hi mate,
the MY17 AB i had did not have gesture as standard it was an option (i was told), so never checked whether it was there or not, it only became standard on MY18 onwards
Steve

Post #501675 15th Jan 2019 3:38pm
forever

United Kingdom 

I was told it was MY17, the brochure also says its standard...

Post #501676 15th Jan 2019 3:41pm
forever

United Kingdom 

Sorry 2016 model year it was standard across the range..

Post #501677 15th Jan 2019 3:42pm
dfulgo

Italy 

...here you go...:

https://youtu.be/ojX-1nnfa5A?t=55 2016 RR ATB (Kaikoura Stone w/Brogue/Ivory-Brogue)

Post #501862 17th Jan 2019 7:00am
socialrover

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Santorini Black

Excellent video find dfulgo !

Better explained than any dealer I've listened to !

Post #501864 17th Jan 2019 7:30am
Bill

United Kingdom 

I had to have mine replaced / made to work one side immediately after I bought it...

Hasn’t failed since

Yours should still be under warranty

Just make sure there isn’t mud or similar getting in the way ????

Do have the keys on you... silly question , but I admit it doesn’t work when I don’t Rolling with laughter

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #501922 17th Jan 2019 6:23pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I looked at these again today after the unsuccessful attempt at photography on Wed. To see the sensor equipment one has to be under the car (high suspension) looking from inside to the outside, into the recess behind the mudflap/wheel arch which is wider nearer the wheel arch and quite narrow towards the back of the car, a bit like a bottle with a very long neck. Against the side of the car there is some black equipment, which runs the length of this aperture. It is hard to get a picture of it as there is little space, the angle is not great and it could really do with extra light shone into it. If forever wants I can try photographing it with a head torch shining on to it, my attempt without today really was not worth sending, but tbh I'm not sure it will be that helpful even with extra light. If it's not working the best thing is probably to get a dealer to run a diagnostic check.

Thanks to Badger for the advice re setting the height. That would solve the problem of opening in the garage, but I'd be at risk of catching my head on the tailgate in normal use outside. The safest thing is probably to wrap the key in aluminium foil or a proper faraday cage until ready to open the door so the tailgate can't be opened accidentally. That might also work for the 'shoot drinks' scenario, if a bit of a hassle. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #501925 17th Jan 2019 6:49pm
forever

United Kingdom 

Thanks all for the help booked it for LR to take a look at, couple of other things too, FBH not firing up, remote start then breaking apple car play, mood lighting in the door pocket not working, given all these minor things are now adding up thought it was worth getting it all sorted Smile

Post #502010 18th Jan 2019 4:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>