Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My new (to me) V8 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
KM

My new (to me) V8 Autobiography

Hi,

Posted this in the introduce yourself section but thought I'd put it here too!

Here's some pics of my new (to me) Autobiography V8. 16MY, bought approved used from Farnell Guiseley, near Leeds who I must say were very good. Better part ex value than I normally get from main dealers and prepped the car well.

This is my fourth range rover. I've had a silver 09 L322 Vogue SE V8, a silver 13 L405 Vogue SE V6 and a black 15 L405 Vogue SE V6. Wife has also had a black 12 L320 Sport HSE and a white 15 L538 Evoque Autobiography but now drives a red/black pack 17 L550 Disco Sport HSE Dynamic Lux.

I like to buy at 2 – 3 years old with the 2 year warranty and then swap them 2 – 3 years later. Seems the best compromise re depreciation costs and security of some warranty.

So, this is my first Autobiography and first 4.4 V8. Have to say I tend to agree with someone on here (Basil Fawlty or Alistair?) that the Vogue SE is the sweet spot of the range but having sampled those pillow like winged headrests on the Autobiography I'm not sure I could live with anything less ever again!

The auto access height and the front seat heating operation via the climate buttons are also a big step forward from my previous L405's. It was a pain waiting for the screen to load before being able to put the seat heating on. First world problems, eh!

Loving the V8 after two V6's – though they're both great engines – and I'm getting mid to high 30's on my 100 mile M62 round trip daily commute. I can live with that!

I'm also loving being back in silver after black (never again!)

Always enjoyed reading forum over the years – interesting, informative and entertaining. So, thanks to one and all.

K

Post #502151 19th Jan 2019 7:53pm
MR GLOVER

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

very nice Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #502153 19th Jan 2019 8:11pm
KM

So, the 2016 silver one below has gone and been replaced by a corris grey facelifted one - another v8 with black pack. The all black interior is not as nice as my previous ebony/cirrus interior but when you're buying used at c2 years old then spec is always a compromise. Deployable steps a big improvement over my previous fixed ones and head up display is a nice bonus.

The twin screen infotainment is not especially my cup of tea - lots of duplication - but it's growing on me and it is at least much more modern.

Seats need a bit of work to get a comfy set up and the winged head rests are not as nice as in the old one and I really miss the door cubby holes - but overall, it's still a very, very nice place to be. My 4th full fat and can't see me going anywhere else.

Used prices are crazy at the moment but then so are the part-ex values so price to change was comparable to previous transactions in 2019 and 2016.

Take care one and all.

K

Post #614357 1st Dec 2021 12:07pm
KM

Sorry, forgot to add pics!

Post #614358 1st Dec 2021 12:07pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

very nice and those seats look comfortable.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #614359 1st Dec 2021 12:18pm
GAC23

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Indus Silver

Very nice Thumbs Up What do I put here then?

Post #614382 1st Dec 2021 3:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1