Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Ok OK
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 
Ok OK

I have been sitting on the pot for a long while now,,,,,but its time to do the right thing

I am about to order the 2019 50 S/C AB with a delivery of bout June . I am all set to go with this, have a pretty ok deal with the dealer, but just thought I would ask Is there anything I should know? 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

1972 Suffix A fully restored 2 door

1970, chassis number 26 the first of the press launch cars, Masai Red

2013 4.4SDV8 Autobiograpahy

Post #505416 16th Feb 2019 11:05pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I don’t think there is anything you should know.

I would expect the 2020 model year to be announced around May 2019 which may yield a). More standard kit and b). Another price rise.

I think this 5.0SC engine is here to stay... for a while. I know there’s a straight 6 3.0 petrol ingenium mild hybrid 48v coming for the Sport, but surprisingly the power output and performance is weak vs the V8 - I thought they were going to launch a greener alternative to the beast but even the P400e has better numbers it seems.

19.5 MY just released means the price has ticked up a couple of grand, but at least Apple CarPlay / Android equivalent is standard.

In short, now feels like a good time to part with your hard-earned. Just pick the perfect colour combination and you’re good to go! And HUD, you need HUD, despite the ugly impact it has on the dashboard.

Post #505425 17th Feb 2019 12:50am
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your reply and the information. There has rather annoyingly just been a price rise, but as you say a number of items are now standard fitment on the AB. I was not considering the HUD to be honest. It doesn't really appeal to me. I have been driving for 40 years and I am quite used to looking at the instruments and the road together. In fact the instrument cluster is really rather appealing . I would be interested as to why you think its a must? t 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #505450 17th Feb 2019 12:03pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

I would hold off if I were you, the new FFRR is closer than we all think and I'm reasonably reliably informed but have no dates etc as they wouldn't want to jeopardise current model sales.
I'm guessing there will be some press leaks out soon of a camouflaged test car.

Post #505485 17th Feb 2019 5:55pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

It's hard to believe the L460 will be available before 2021 model year, so maybe first deliveries in September 2020 at the earliest? You can say to hold off but the L460 is likely to be a significant price hike, perhaps 20% (guessing) and no chance of a discount. And then all the niggly issues associated with a new JLR product.

I'm planning to press ahead with my L405 order once 2020 MY specs are announced in May or June or whenever. A 20% hike on ~£110k for an AB would price me out of it as I'm already at the top of my budget and SWMBO would force me into a Sport again Big Cry

For HUD, I think it's an important safety device. I'm forever gawping at my dials with the constant flipping between 20 and 30 limits in London, or the 50 average speed sections all over the place. I think the HUD will help. Plus I want to pretend I'm a fighter pilot. Downside is the gaping plastic hole in the dash.

Post #505486 17th Feb 2019 6:04pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Another thumbs up for the HUD. Whilst it wasn't on my list of must haves, I must admit to finding it very useful. It literally means that I spend more time looking at the road, and less looking down at the dashboard.

One question for those of you with HUD - what does it mean when it says "Ready" in green on the right hand side?

To the OP, I would put the order in. What are you thinking in terms of spec and colour? 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #505499 17th Feb 2019 7:43pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

With the Ford engine deal about to expire there should be new engine options soon, but maybe a new body shape only in 2022 or so based on the ten year cycle of the 322 being repeated. Dealers have nothing official, but there seems talk of an Ingenium based unit, as the current 2l engine is designed to be a building block. My guess is a 4l V8 with two turbos, as 4l is a tax threshold in China. That might run in the current shape for a few years, in the way the 4.4 TDV8 did in late 322s.

If I were ordering today I would want the laser projector lights, as the standard 405 lights are not as good as those in later 322s. The standard AB audio is not that great, especially at the price, OK if listening to speech radio etc but drones/buzzes a bit in some classical music, so if you like that consider the admittedly costly upgrade to the top system.

Only other thought is that the UK political situation is so uncertain just now that one might wonder if there might be conditions when dealers/JLR might be more amenable to price reductions. But then again if Porsche are looking for customers placing orders to commit to accepting a 10% increase in price if there are tariffs after a no-deal Brexit, there might be more demand here for UK made vehicles, so maybe it is just a case of ordering when the time is right for you and enjoying the car when it arrives. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #505559 18th Feb 2019 1:38pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

The new Range Rover Sport HST has a petrol straight 6 ingenium turbo 48V mild hybrid.

Post #505563 18th Feb 2019 2:12pm
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

Well the deed is done. All order awaiting delivery date but they said July! Likely to come forward I hope. Carpathian 5.0 S/C AB. Electric towbar and steps and no stereo upgrade or rear entertainment but most other things other than the Locking differential. Went for the Black Pack. Not 100% on the BP but wanted a totally different look from the Luxor and atlas lettering etc. Going to advertise the SDV8 if anyone looking out for one I shall put in the appropriate section. thanks for the help chaps and lets hope they don't release the all the new car immediately I take delivery! 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #506181 24th Feb 2019 1:35pm
Hissinsid

United Kingdom 

Deleted post - noticed headlight thread.

Mods plz delete.

Post #506265 25th Feb 2019 12:39am
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Congratulations. Did you price you SVA?

Post #506533 26th Feb 2019 11:13pm
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

thanks. Yes I Have advertised it elsewhere at £42,750. PM me if you want details 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #506556 27th Feb 2019 8:56am
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

Well my new 5.0 S/C AB is now built and on route to the dealer. I shall get a call in a couple of days to go and pay for it no doubt, the unpleasant part....but very much looking forward to getting the 5.0 SC. I had not had the opportunity to try one so really its a bit of leap into the dark. I shall post up photos in due course. Quite excited though. 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #516208 22nd May 2019 7:55pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

All good things must start somewhere.

So is this 19.5 or 20?

Post #516237 22nd May 2019 10:05pm
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

To be honest no idea! From memory next year models
Usually start from September of the previous year. Not sure what a half year model is. It was ordered about 2 months ago . 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #516238 22nd May 2019 10:11pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>