Home > General (L405) > Third birthday approaching
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ABAB

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
Third birthday approaching

My FF turns 3 in a few months.

It's likely I'll go for the LR extended warranty. Has anyone here taken this out in the last year or so - if so how much did it weigh in at and what was the process for extending?

Before the existing warranty runs out, I'm also thinking of getting some kind of MD check over of the car at the time of the next service to make sure all bulletins /recalls / obvious corrections have been sorted. Anyone here done similarly?

Thanks in advance. 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #505914 21st Feb 2019 5:12pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

I went for it at £1k seamed a good bet, they e-mail you and send paperwork twice. also remember you have to pay for in control. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #505921 21st Feb 2019 6:15pm
jumpin mouse

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

I did this about a month ago and paid about £1,200 but that was for the higher level of cover. I chose that as the cover is wider and the claim value is up to the value of the vehicle and not capped at something like £7,500/claim.

I received a letter about a month before my previous warranty expired and you must take out the new policy before the old one expires.

To me it's quite good value, a FFRR is way too expensive to repair if something serious goes wrong.

Post #505922 21st Feb 2019 6:33pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

I took out the warranty when I was at the same stage as you. But nothing went wrong, and the car felt perfect, so the following year, I didn't take the warranty out.

Then the passenger heated seat stopped working and when my car was being serviced I asked them to look at it assuming it was a fuse or something simple. Turned out it wasn't a fuse, and things quickly started getting expensive.

To cut a long story short, it made me appreciate that whilst the warranty is expensive, these are very complex cars, and when you think about the range of things that can go wrong, the warranty isn't that bad. Based on my experience, with hindsight, I would go for the warranty in future. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #505938 21st Feb 2019 8:10pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

The point about the claims limit on one of the policy options is very well made, be sure to check that. IMHO if the warranty does not cover the catastrophic failure e.g. turbo takes engine out then it's not worth having. I was so Censored off by the LR attitude to the corrosion on my 322's wheel arches after two years that I decided not to buy the warranty (on the 322). year 4 was free of issues (other than more corrosion to be paid for by me) and year 5 had a new starter motor, cost less than a year's cover would have done (and more corrosion to be paid for by me). But no peace of mind of course and did have to buy breakdown cover elsewhere. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #505955 21st Feb 2019 9:37pm
BigladUK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

All the details are here ( plus you can get a price )

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/warr...ranty.html

Si

Post #506081 23rd Feb 2019 12:51am
ilard

United Kingdom 

How about the wear & tear exclusion? That feels like a significant opportunity for them to wriggle out of claims unlike, for example, Warranty Direct which includes wear & tear.

Post #506094 23rd Feb 2019 9:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1