Home > Technical (L405) > New To Me 5.0 Supercharged AB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
carlos50

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black
New To Me 5.0 Supercharged AB

Hi all

Back in the stable with a new to me 65 plate Supercharged AB in black with black interior, rear entertainment, HUD, lane assist, traffic sign recognition etc. picked up on Friday night and put a Mercedes GL63 AMG in px, loved that car and know I will miss many aspects of it. Glad I went with a 65 for the slightly updated infotainment and the better ride characteristics, can really feel the difference over the 13 plate SDV8 I had a few years ago, much less roll and no noises so far (Ive said it now).

First impressions this time around:-

Positive
1. Really pleased with the fit and finish
2. Suspension is a big improvement over the earlier L405's
3. Has the feel and look of quality
4. Some nice customisation options now with some of the SV parts amongst other things.
5. Way ahead of the AMG in that it feels much more like a car at this price range, the AMG lets itself down in that respect

Negatives (just for me at this point)
1. The performance is lacking compared to the AMG - The AMG was just incredible for such a huge car
2. The bounce from the suspension is very noticeable but not so much the body roll - expected the bounce, quite pleased about the body roll so maybe not so much of a negative
3. Too quiet - I know, why get the L405 if I wanted more noise. Its the best RR by a mile, SVAutobiography Dynamic exhaust (and suspension actually) will suit me best but I'm way too poor for that at the moment Very Happy
4. Incontrol is a bit poo, was looking forward to getting set up but let down by whats actually possible. Early car apparently so limited functionality. Dont think I will subscribe when the current subscription expires in a few weeks but will see how it goes.

Just one thing I need help with initially. The supplying dealer couldn't fix an issue with the deploying tow bar, it was stuck deployed but they somehow managed to get it back in albeit not working still. I said I wasn't bothered as don't use it, BUT, now I'm having an issue with the Park Aid and Park Assist both unavailable, they took the bumper cover off when working on the tow bar from what I can see, could it be that they damaged the harness or haven't plugged it back in correctly?

Strangely no noise at all from the park sensors, the logo is struck through with a red line on the reverse camera screen and I get error messages telling me that both the park aid and park assit are unavailable and i need to speak to a dealer.

Anyone know what it could be please, I assumed problems with the park aid would mean the constant noise to tell me there's a problem, but no noise is odd? Dealer has been informed and is checking to see what the workshop did, its 3 hours drive to take it back so thought Id ask here first. Can the bumper removal affect the park assist though, I assumed that used the cameras in the tailgate, door mirrors and front to assess, or is that the 360 camera that uses those?

I also got a low coolant message so will check it and top up if needed then keep an eye on that, was only serviced 200 miles ago but that was also a fair few months ago so hoping just a faulty signal on a cold morning, car is parked slightly downhill too, could that cause it?

Thanks

Carl

Post #506306 25th Feb 2019 1:50pm
forever

United Kingdom 

Maybe its just me, but why would you accept a car with things like the towbar not working? The dealer should have fixed this all before picking up...

Post #506316 25th Feb 2019 2:41pm
carlos50

Yes, lesson learned. In saying that it didn't work I thought they simply meant wouldn't deploy and since I wont tow anything I wasn't overly bothered but regret that approach and have now told them.

Is it feasible that the bumper cover removal threw out the park sensors and self parking?

Post #506319 25th Feb 2019 2:51pm
forever

United Kingdom 

Yup, possible given all the wires that run under there, i would take it back and get them to fix the lot, any new(used) LR has a two year LR warranty so get them to fix all the issues in one go...

Post #506321 25th Feb 2019 2:54pm
carlos50

Bought from a prestige dealer not LR so no 24 month warranty but will take back if they dont allow me to fix locally at their expense

Post #506322 25th Feb 2019 2:56pm
forever

United Kingdom 

Ah, good luck then you may need it... These cars as so complex i would not buy with out the LR warranty, not sure other third party ones cover all the electronics and other bits and bobs... But you might have a good one Thumbs Up

Post #506324 25th Feb 2019 2:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1