Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Park Aid, Park Assist & Forward Alert Not Working - Advi
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
carlos50

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black
Park Aid, Park Assist & Forward Alert Not Working - Advi

Hi all

Just picked up a 65 plate Supercharged AB only to find that the Park Aid, Park Assist & Forward Alert aren't working. I have error messages to confirm that the park aid and park assist are not available - consult your dealer, and I just don't think the forward alert is working either as it was turned off in the menu and now its turned on hasn't made any noise at all when closing in on the car in front etc. no messages for that system, that I've seen flash up anyway.

Had a listen to the park sensors in the front and rear bumpers this morning with the ignition turned on but engine not running and they're all silent, they're meant to be making a buzz sort of noise aren't they?

The supplying none LR dealer is aware and I'm waiting to discuss it with their general manager. The car had a fault with the tow bar not retracting, they managed to get it to retract, don't know how and foolishly I said that aslong as its retracted and no error messages etc. I'm not too bothered as will never use it. Cant help think they messed around with the electronics back there and tripped off the systems but front I cant understand, rears yes, maybe they damaged the harness or just didn't plug it in properly and the 3 hour ride home dislodged it but how can the fronts be off too?

I will be taking it back but I want to get an understanding of whats most likely caused the problem both front and rear please, just so I can guide the dealer rather than have them poke around to find out, which is what they obviously did with the tow bar. Live and learn, gut told me to wait and let them sort the thing, I wanted to collect so ignored my first sense, more fool me.

Will speak to my local indy to see if he can get me in for code read today, he works on high end exotica so I trust him with this RR.

Would appreciate some feedback in the meantime.

Thank you

Carl

Post #506423 26th Feb 2019 8:42am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

Is the forward alert instrument cluster symbol showing?
Does forward alert still show as on when you go back into the menu?

In the L322, the ACC unit for the non-diesel engine is handled by a module located in the rear fuse panel. I wonder if a fuse that powers both the ACC module and the parking aid module has blown.

Post #506426 26th Feb 2019 9:26am
carlos50

Hi, yes the green forward alter icon is still illuminated in the display, no messages to say not available etc. its just silent. It was off when I took collection and I activated it.

Good point ref the rear fuse panel, will have a look, do you know the location on the L405 petrol cars?

Thanks for the advice

Carl

Post #506430 26th Feb 2019 9:41am
Montys 4x4

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

Hi was it just this morning? I had the same messages yesterday and this morning which cleared after I got further into my journey. I think it was the frost yesterday and just cold this morning as I had no frost on my windscreen. The not available message yesterday referred to the windscreen camera being obscured but this morning just gave a list of safety features not available including blind spot monitoring in addition to your message content. I had a few similar messages last year during the beast from the east. It might be something to do with the high daytime temperature low nigh time zero degrees and possible internal misting of the cameras. Just a thought. If it stays on all day then forget my input.

cheers

Paul Journey started in a LR2B at 16 and has incl. just about every Land Rover, Disco, RRS and Range Rover Vehicle owned or driven, I even worked for the company when it was owned by BAe - It must be a madness!!! because to add to my 4.4 TDV8 Westminister In Baltic Blue I bought a second L322 as a commuter bus, TD6 2004 Vogue in Oslo Blue with cream leather now both gone replaced with what could turn out to be my biggest mistake. Carpathian Grey ivory interior 3.0 tdv6 Autobiog. 2017

Post #506439 26th Feb 2019 11:46am
carlos50

Yes doing it all the time, appreciate the suggestion though

Thanks

Post #506445 26th Feb 2019 12:13pm
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

If the forward alert icon is showing then the ACC ecu is sure to be functioning.

Post #506448 26th Feb 2019 12:23pm
carlos50

Looks like the park aid is the same fuse as the blind spot monitoring on the L405 and that works fine also, so cant be a fuse sadly.

Post #506456 26th Feb 2019 1:36pm
carlos50

Turns out its a damaged sensor in the front, it shut the systems down.

Land Rover dealer has quoted for bumper removal and refit, replace sensor, reset the error code etc is it a bumper off job?

Thanks everyone

Carl

Post #506491 26th Feb 2019 5:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1