Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Whats with l322 prices?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Bullit_666

England 
Whats with l322 prices?

As it says. What is with the prices?

Ive bern looking for a clean 2007-2009 4.2 since november. It seems through all my research the prices are all over the shop. Some people are asking 12k others 7k. Looking at glasses, autotrader and my insurance quotes most seem to be 2k over the odds

Unfortunately i missed out on "the one" by one day šŸ˜¤ which i think was priced spot on. Was around Ā£8750 2 owners...had been well looked after and in great condition. It was clearly "the one" as it was on autotrader for 1 day before it sold.

Most of the listings i see have been there since before i started looking. Some have been there since last august!!

Surely if youre selling a car or are a dealer, the fact youve have that car on the forecourt for months would tell you that youve priced yourself out of the market?

Mind you they all come under budget but...i cant help feeling they are overpriced. Being from yorkshire i dont like spending more than i should be or more than i have to.

What would you guys say us a fair price fir one with around 100k in good condition?

Post #507163 3rd Mar 2019 5:19pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Ā£10k 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #507217 3rd Mar 2019 10:26pm
Bullit_666

England 

Private or dealer or the same for both?

Post #507222 3rd Mar 2019 10:45pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

If itā€™s the right car in the right colour and in the condition you expect Iā€™d be happy paying Ā£10k either private or trade - there are a lot of unloved poorly maintained dogs out there with multiple owners and little service history.

That value is based on knowing what we have sold 322ā€™s for previously via both trade ins and private sales. As a family we run multiple RRā€™s - many from new and have done so for over 30 years so have a pretty good idea on what good used ones are worth - clean, unmarked vehicles with FSH and a low number of owners are worth a premium. 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Last edited by Vogue on 3rd Mar 2019 10:55pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #507225 3rd Mar 2019 10:50pm
Bullit_666

England 

Thats the problem. Im not fussed about colour exterior or interior. I do prefer a light coloured interior. But, if a good example came up with a black interior it would not bother me.

Just seems a difficult ask at the moment. You are correct... lots of dogs out there.

I onky asked because of the variations in pricing i see.

Post #507226 3rd Mar 2019 10:54pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

It's A 10 year old car - so you have to expect prices all over the place.

Mileage will be all over the place, condition will be all over the place, specs / desirability all over the place etc. etc.

However, price won't necessarily reflect any of those things, so you have to put in the leg work - but there will be a good example out there a the right price.

Post #507227 3rd Mar 2019 10:56pm
Bullit_666

England 

Aye. Im definitely putting in leg work. Must be close to 2k miles of travelling.

Im in no real hurry so can wait... but you know what its like.. i want my new toy

Post #507229 3rd Mar 2019 10:57pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

You are better looking for a really nice one and paying a bit more for it and keeping it a while - if you buy a dog, you will end up spending more on repairs than the vehicle cost. A bit of paintwork, suspension bushes, gearbox, brakes, bit of interiors trim and a service will end up doubling the purchase price of a cheap wreck. Sorry to be blunt but they are expensive vehicles to repair if you get a bad one.

Nobody gives a good one away - if itā€™s well maintained and been looked after the price will reflect this - the trouble is some vendors also think their junkers are also worth the same 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #507230 3rd Mar 2019 11:00pm
Bullit_666

England 

Im in no way looking for a fixer upper. I expect a relatively pristine motor. You buy cheap you buy twice.

I just wanted to make sure im in the correct ball park with my budget. Seems right. Just have to wade through the chancers with overpriced tat.

Not managed to come across one thats up to scratch.

Post #507231 3rd Mar 2019 11:04pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Thatā€™s half the fun looking for a new car Cool - Iā€™d draw up a shortlist and spend a weekend looking at them all Thumbs Up 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #507233 3rd Mar 2019 11:10pm
Bullit_666

England 

Not many make it to the short list. If one comes up i go and have a look. Get there. Be disappointed. Then wait for the next one. Laughing

Post #507234 3rd Mar 2019 11:18pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

I would be tempted to wait for an enthusiasts vehicle for sale on the forum - no sharky dealers involved, plus if itā€™s a long standing member they are likely to want to maintain a reputation 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #507236 3rd Mar 2019 11:23pm
Bullit_666

England 

Yeah..that would be ideal. Ive not met a car dealer that isnt like a politician. Im sure they are out there. Just not foundthem yet.

Post #507238 3rd Mar 2019 11:25pm
Full Fattie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

I spent 3 months looking in the summer and finally got one that I wanted. I done some travelling to dealers in that time too.

Iā€™d ring before I went and ask various questions. Some answers were just blatant lies as when Iā€™d get there the car was nothing like how theyā€™d described, or indeed given specific answers too.

When I challenged them on how the car isnā€™t in as-new condition, theyd come back with something like even new cars arenā€™t pristine, or it is immaculate ā€œfor its ageā€.

Having eventually found a good one my circumstances changed and Iā€™m now left with a FF that rarely gets used. It sits on a battery conditioner all week then on a weekend it gets cleaned/polished and maybe even driven if itā€™s lucky. It was my daily until 3 month ago when my job changed and I canā€™t run a 4.2 SC for the mileage I do now. Not without killing a mint example.

I considered selling as I didnā€™t pay over the odds for it and no longer need it. Then when I drive it I have a massive smile on my face. My little boy loves it cause of the RSE and the boot is enough for all the stuff my kisses fills it with for weekends away.

Plus I remember that if I change my mind and want another one after I sell it then I could endure months of looking like I did before. For that reason Iā€™ll be keeping it.

I know this doesnā€™t help you but youā€™re doing the right thing waiting for the right now, itā€™ll happen

Post #507246 4th Mar 2019 7:42am
Bullit_666

England 

FULL FATTIE you're spot on with what you are saying.
"Immaculate for its age". "Excellent condition" are just couple of phrases thrown around far too easily.

The funny thing is...when you get there and say it's not good enough. THEY'RE SHOCKED! They look at you as if you're mad.

Any who. Its comforting to know that the budget is correct and that the search will be longer than The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

Post #507260 4th Mar 2019 10:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>