Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > genuine L/R acc gun storage safe box
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
genuine L/R acc gun storage safe box

does anybody have one or have one fitted if so can it be used with the full height load guard , would you feel safe keeping a gun in it as ive been thinking about gun security when im out on a shoot rather than keeping in a bigger gun box thats not secured in the vehicle , this would be ideal as its small discreet and you can secure it to the vehicle or remove it to take into the house and measureing up the L/R gun safe will fit into my lockable storage box for my guns Thumbs Up Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #3497 7th Mar 2009 3:53pm
Soupdragon

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

The genuine LR gunsafes are made by a British company called Brattonsound and are excellent although you will not be able to use one with a full-length dog guard.

By far the best option in terms of sensible security and practicality, would be to have the guns in a hardcase that is chained and locked to a ring in the boot area; this is much easier to remove when not shooting and won't get in the way of anything.

You are not obliged to have the gun LOCKED in a safe inside the car anyway. As long as sensible precautions have been taken, i.e. - put the fore-end in the glove box, rest of it out of sight then as far as criminal law goes you are okay. This only applies to leaving the car for a short while, NOT overnight.

Sadly, there is no parity between authorities as to the right and wrong way to approach security according to the law. Most, but not all, officers have a common sense attitude to legally held firearms but what is acceptable to one officer may not be to another. I have to deal with this quite alot in my position where we are carrying shotguns/rifles and sometimes Section 5 items and so need to be within the law all the time. Best bet, if you're concerned, might be to contact your provider of shooting insurance (BASC etc) and ask them. BASC especially have an excellent and knowledgeable firearms dept.

There was a thread on here a while ago about using a false floor which was a bloody good idea, have a troll back and see if you can find it. Rules are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Post #3530 8th Mar 2009 8:05pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

here you go mark :-

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post2265.html#2265

Post #3538 8th Mar 2009 10:37pm
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

thank you both for your replies soupdragon and vogue i will take a miss on the L/R gunsafe as i will loose my load guard which kind of defeets the object but thank you for pointing that thread out i had forgot about that one maybe ill try a bit of DIY the weekend as for the security issue better to be safe than sorry as after all if some one did decide to do the unthinkable to your vehicle outside a meet or shoot etc would i really want to be responsible for a half wit with a shot gun in his posession because it wasnt secured or out of sight Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #3559 9th Mar 2009 2:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1