Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Just collected a 15 plate autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Felstmiester

England 2015 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black
Just collected a 15 plate autobiography

New here but been lurking in the past. I did put a post on a few days ago but somehow managed to post it in the mods section. Sorry.

Anyway. I ( well the wife ) has just been to collect it and brought it home. Basically! I’m stumped. Haven’t got a clue how anything works and being a man I refuse to open the owners manual and find out.

It’s a long story but it was kind of brought blind. I’ve been on topix but can’t seem to find the spec of it. Being an autobiography I was under the impression it was pretty loaded and from what I’ve read in the past should as standard have a few goodies?? I know it’s got a tv. Heated front screen, heated steering wheel, fridge. But what else should it have or could it have? One thing I tried was the kick thing to open the tailgate.......nooo couldn’t get it to work. Also read about massage and cooling seats, soft close doors etc. Does the latter only come on the newer autobiography?

Back in the day when I had a rrs there was a section on the forum called hidden trick that solved a lot of questions but this forum doesn’t have it Big Cry

Post #511491 9th Apr 2019 7:19pm
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

I wonder if putting your VIN into vindecoderz.com would work on an L405. Although mine is a lowly L322, it gave the build sheet quite accurately.

There was a report a while ago that sometimes the site may not give the sheet, but sometimes it does, persevere. Worth a try. Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #511509 9th Apr 2019 9:24pm
Fifth Horseman

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Carpathian Grey

If you go to https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/ and create an account for yourself as an independent operator (it's free) you can then login and input your VIN and be able to see the vehicle build details and any outstanding campaigns for the vehicle.
Additionally, if you go to https://osh.landrover.com and input your VIN, you can view the online service history for the vehicle. This normally only shows services that have been registered by a dealer or service agent.

Post #511510 9th Apr 2019 9:40pm
fin

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

Once you’ve got an account click on the “I”

Click image to enlarge

Then click on the minor features

Click image to enlarge

Then you can scroll up and down through your options

Click image to enlarge

Drop a note of anything your not sure what it is.

Post #511513 9th Apr 2019 10:07pm
Felstmiester

Thanks guys. I’ve logged into topix. Although the details come up correct for the car I can’t see a build sheet. Also Now the cars with me I don’t think it’s an autobiography. Certainly doesn’t say autobiography anywhere on the v5?

Post #511514 9th Apr 2019 10:10pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Does it have an AB badge on the rear ?

What does section D3 on the v5 say ? Vogue or Vogue SE (if not AB) ?

Post #511515 9th Apr 2019 10:13pm
Felstmiester

Just says vogue. To be honest I didn’t look for a badge.

I have sorted topix though and can view the build list ( thanks fin ) but now it’s clear it’s not a autobiography explains why it doesn’t have some of the things I thought it would.

It does say on topix that it has ambient lighting high line but I can’t find anything on the screen under extra features??

Post #511518 9th Apr 2019 10:32pm
Alistair

You bought a Vogue then - I hope it was priced accordingly.....

Some of the options are hard to decipher - as the base install can sound very much like the £ option - so I'm not sure your lighting is the multi-colour mood lighting or not.....

Post #511519 9th Apr 2019 10:36pm
fin

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

Mine says it half way down the minor list.

When I looked at a lot and some fake AB (albeit the seller wasn’t telling) the one thing I noticed was the pedals AB had silver bits everything else had just black rubber

Click image to enlarge

Post #511520 9th Apr 2019 10:36pm
Felstmiester

Alistair wrote:
You bought a Vogue then - I hope it was priced accordingly.....

Some of the options are hard to decipher - as the base install can sound very much like the £ option - so I'm not sure your lighting is the multi-colour mood lighting or not.....
lol yes I have just brought a vogue. Yes it was priced very accordingly. Hence why I brought it blind. Yes it would of been more of a result if it was an autobiography but it was still worth buying.

Post #511523 9th Apr 2019 10:44pm
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Sir, I admire your courage!

Not only have you purchased a Range Rover unseen, you have even ended up with a lower spec’d vehicle than you believed you were buying and you don’t seem to be in the least bit annoyed.

You are one of the worlds last great adventurers! 🤙

Jim

Post #511529 10th Apr 2019 6:31am
Alistair

Depending on what you had previously, even the most base Vogue is still a very nice car, so as long as the price was right, then I guess you should be happy.

If you can get the build sheet, then we can have a go at explaining what options you may or may not have fitted.

Post #511537 10th Apr 2019 8:29am
CUE99T

Scotland 

Firstly welcome to the L405 club as lots of really helpful people in here.

Secondly, maybe check that any service or alerts showing from the link above gets sorted. MOT I assume is actually valid....honestly this gets me every year when I forget to MOT my car!!

I'd check my tyres, and the oil, and the rest can be done at a dealership private or main. Probably with age of the car main dealer might be worth it for history, and you also can put a warranty around it if its in warranty, as I think anything older than 4 years isn't a bad gamble, but its a gamble and I've just extended mine.

A vogue can still have Vogue SE options so you might find bits on it that wouldn't be standard. Be interested to see what you have.

What colour inside and out is it? Any pics?

Happy motoring and I'm impressed you're ok with it not being an AB, but tbh if its a nice car then it wont matter, they are all nice cars.

Happy motoring matey. all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #511553 10th Apr 2019 10:29am
Felstmiester

Alistair wrote:
Depending on what you had previously, even the most base Vogue is still a very nice car, so as long as the price was right, then I guess you should be happy.

If you can get the build sheet, then we can have a go at explaining what options you may or may not have fitted.
dont get me wrong. I’m impressed with it even as a non autobiography. At the moment our family car is a d3 with a full d4 facelift. So although it looks pretty good exterior wise it’s still very dated to the new to me vogue. I have a merc c63 as a weekend toy that never gets used. So the plan was to sell the merc & d3 and just have the one decent car. Then this deal came along via a family member ( long story ) and although it’s kind of been a to good to be true kind of thing I’m still not going to be out of pocket.

Yes I was expecting to get the all singing all dancing 4.4 d autobiography. But it turns out that’s not the case. Now it’s just a decision do I keep it and be happy with what it is or move it on, maybe make a few quid and buy the all singing all dancing machine.

To be honest. Like I’ve said. I’ve never really looked at one of these before. But now I’ve been in and drove this one I think even though it’s only the tdv6 it’s one hell of a car. And to be honest it’s no slouch especially comparing it to the d3.

Time will tell I guess.

Post #511588 10th Apr 2019 6:36pm
Felstmiester

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #511596 10th Apr 2019 7:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>