Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Ghost Autowatch II and Dash Cam invalidates Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue
Ghost Autowatch II and Dash Cam invalidates Warranty

Since I bought my 19MY SVA-D I have been conscious of the fact that LR cars are prone to being stolen with keys being cloned etc etc. Even though I do use faraday pouches at home.

I was unable to get any company to provide GAP insurance and in fact LR would not even supply insurance just to drive the car!!!! So I have looked into the new and revised Ghost system and dash cam front and rear installation.

I contacted SVO who in turn have spoken to LR Warranty dept and I have received the following;

“ JLR do not approve The Ghost Autowatch II as this has been known to cause a number of issues in the past. The vehicle is fitted with a Thatcham approved tracker through “inControl”
If the customer wants to have dashcams fitted then we advise using “stand alone” equipment. If the cameras have been fitted into the wiring/electrics then again this is not something we approve and will invalidate the warranty on the vehicle for any parts affected including wiring looms etc etc”

I just thought I’d put it out there for anyone considering or already have the Ghost system fitted and is still in warranty territory with their cars. 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue - Gone
2010 RRS 5.0 Supercharged Navara Bronze - Gone
2008 RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black - Gone
2006 RRS 2.7 Diesel Rimini Red- Gone

Post #512251 16th Apr 2019 11:23am
ur20v

A Trap 

This is the industry standard to any non-oem or approved modification but the onus is on the manufacturer to proved the mod caused the issue they are rejecting.

I will note that challenging a manufacturer on this even though the law is on your side is fraught with issues and possibly cost.

Just weigh up the risk to reward.

Post #512255 16th Apr 2019 11:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1