Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Lancaster Land Rover, Milton Keynes.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
Lancaster Land Rover, Milton Keynes.

See below my comments left on the Lancaster LR, Milton Keynes website after a visit to their showroom yesterday.......

I went to have a look at a D5 Discovery as my current L494 Range Rover Sport is due to be replaced.

Before leaving home I made sure that I was wearing a shirt with a collar (Land Rover dealerships have a reputation for being snobby) and gave my Rolex a quick buff up with Mr Sheen and a duster. I had also washed and waxed my RR Sport so that a valuation could be given.

The showroom is nice and swanky and on entering the woman on reception asked if she could help. I told her that I would like to look round D5 Discovery and she pointed out where one was in the showroom.

I then spent 15-20 minutes looking around the car, whilst being studiously ignored by the sales staff. I could not have been more ignored if I had phoned ahead and asked them the make a point of ignoring me and then worn an invisible suit just to ensure that there was absolutely no chance of being seen by a member of the sales staff.

Managed to “sneak” out of the showroom without any acknowledgement.

My wife has suggested that should I go back maybe I should wear my dinner jacket and black tie. Maybe then they will take me seriously?

I’m leaning towards dressing as a clown, complete with spinning bow tie, red nose that honks when squeezed and enormous oversized red shoes........

James

Post #512581 19th Apr 2019 1:39pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Laughing

Mind you, if you went to have a look at a D5 then it sounds like you got off lightly! Thumbs Up

Come down to a proper Westcountry dealership and forget Rolex’s, you can take your dog in and they’re fine with it Very Happy

Post #512583 19th Apr 2019 1:49pm
ur20v

A Trap 

Buy a D5 then return to the dealership and do the pretty women routine “big mistake, big mistake “

Post #512585 19th Apr 2019 1:56pm
SoggyBottoms

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue Supercharged Zambezi Silver

I've had this happen to me many times
Volvo, Honda, BMW, Vauxhall are some of the ones I can recall
never understood a sales person letting a potential customer walk out the door with zero intervention
I wondered if it was a timing thing where they may have sold their tasked amount for that month so ignore you in the hope you'll return in the new month

Post #512598 19th Apr 2019 4:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1