Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > NBT Retrofit in Range Rover L322 (BMW build) Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
BMWAaron

United States 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
NBT Retrofit in Range Rover L322 (BMW build) Problem

I know there are topics already that cover an installation, but I'm posting a new topic in hopes of trying to fix some issues I'm currently experiencing. This is an installation in a 2003 RR HSE with Logic7 (US Build). Everything prior to this has been factory.

I've read pretty much everything I can find on the NBT retrofit into the E38/E39/E53 and RR L322 cars. I've sourced everything I can think off and purchased the bimmerretrofit eNBT iBUS system (carsystems did not respond to any of my multiple emails).

I've run into a few problems Censored

1. The NBT unit powers on. I've run Cat5e wire and standard twisted wire from the retrofit adapter to the kombi CAN lines. When I turn on the ignition, the NBT unit will power up, but the temperature gauge on the kombi will move to the red even though the engine isn't running. If I disconnect the wires from the CAN lines, the kombi goes back to normal. I've double checked that the correct wires are tapped and are connected to the correct lines on the retrofit wiring.

2. I have connected the appropriate color lines from a Cat5e cable to the correct wires on the eNBT quadlock harness and pulled a +12v source from the original navigation computer harness. The +12v line has had both a 510ohm resistor (as per the bimmerretrofit guide) and a 1K ohm resistor (as I've read from many other sources). Each time I try to connect with eSYS via gateway URL, I get the error "Connection Check Failed. Gateway/ECUs are not correctly connected or not responding. However Functions using the ODX-Data can be sued (G188)." I previously had a 2016 F10, which I could connect to and code without issue.

Anyone have any ideas on how to rectify these issues? On the other hand, anyone in the Southern California region familiar with installation of these systems and would be willing to help?

Thank you all in advance.

Post #513427 27th Apr 2019 11:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1